Hotels and Trip Details | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Hotels and Trip Details

MsSweetie

Rinkside
I don't know why you rely on uber. There are lots of decent taxi companies in Mississauga at decent prices. I generally use Blue and white taxi (905-274-4444) as they have a phone number I know by heart, ever since I landed in Canada. All hotels have taxi cars near them. I live just across Novotel Hotel and there are always 2-5 or more cars every time. Trips within Mississauga can vary between $10-30-40, depending on distance. When I use taxis I pay $10-20, for 10-15 km. Uber is not legal in Mississauga, and I would never use a taxi that is not regulated (I am afraid, LOL). For going to the airport there is a special taxi Aerofleet (they are authorized), but you may come to the airport with any taxi, even by buss. But when you arrive to Toronto/Mississauga (Pearson Airport) you need to take a registered/authorized taxi (there are signs for that). Some guys may come to you and offer their services, but you should not accept it, or at least ask for the price before accepting. Taxis have a flat rate according to distance.
Please feel free to ask me any questions!

I prefer taxi's as well and Blue & White is my favourite. I've used an Uber once and the guy creeped me out so much... I had him drop me off at the wrong street so he didn't know where I lived :biggrin:

MsSweetie

Rinkside
For busses within Mississauga, you either buy bus tickets, or use cash, but they only accept change (metal coins). I think a trip is $3.25 (or $3.50) and when you pay, the driver gives you a 2 hour pass that can be used if you use a second bus, or any other buss trip within that time period.

Cash fare is $3.50 and yes, you need to use change, not bills. Ask for a transfer and that's the slip that gives you 2 hours to transfer to another bus or use to go elsewhere without having to pay the fare again. You can also go to most Shoppers Drug Mart stores and buy bus tickets, which will be good if you're riding the bus multiple times and want to not have to carry change all the time.

andyjo24

Medalist
Cash fare is $3.50 and yes, you need to use change, not bills. Ask for a transfer and that's the slip that gives you 2 hours to transfer to another bus or use to go elsewhere without having to pay the fare again. You can also go to most Shoppers Drug Mart stores and buy bus tickets, which will be good if you're riding the bus multiple times and want to not have to carry change all the time.

Thanks for your help, MsSweetie! Blue & White appears to be a solid option.

I also just wanted to ask if you happened to know the approximate price of taking a taxi from Pearson Airport to the Hershey Center?

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker

I also just wanted to ask if you happened to know the approximate price of taking a taxi from Pearson Airport to the Hershey Center?

From Pearson to my place, Burnhamthorpe and Hurontario Rds (close to square 1), it is around $40. Hershey is much closer so I expect to be 20-30 bucks (CAD)

stryke

On the Ice

I was charged $33 CAD when I used the airport taxi to my hotel which is 1.7 miles away from Hershey.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Can anyone tell me the best way to commute from Downtown Toronto to Hershey Centre? Is the go bus faster then take a cab? Trying to know how much time to give myself to get over there..

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
Can anyone tell me the best way to commute from Downtown Toronto to Hershey Centre? Is the go bus faster then take a cab? Trying to know how much time to give myself to get over there..

Depends on how much you want to spend. Cab of course would be faster but more $$$$.
According to what I input to Google Maps for transit, it would take you 1.5 hrs (it tells you all the connections too).
Cab would probably be 30 min to 1 hr depending on traffic and time and your exact location.