2016 Glacier Falls Summer Classic | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 Glacier Falls Summer Classic

Lenny318

On the Ice
Wow just got back to my comp to find 72 notifications waiting for me :shocked:

Glad you guys enjoyed the posts and put up with my inconsistent abbreviations for jumps that I'd quickly transcribe from my notes while the next skater was warming up!

It was a super fun event that always seems surreal with things being so small that I saw coaches and skaters getting ready in the bathroom, I almost bumped into Caroline Zhang twice, Sean Rabbitt's mom said hi to me cause she recognized me from Twitter, I caught Ilia Kulik starting to shimmy a little during Mariah's SP, Frank Carroll gave Jason's lp a standing ovation, and other little moments like that. If anyone has a chance to go to a summer comp I HIGHLY recommend it, it's a blast!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thank you for the updates!!!!! very fun ! for the notifications, you can turn them off ;) I am going to my first ever live event at the Skate Canada Autumn Classic... cannot wait !!!!!!

Glad you guys enjoyed the posts and put up with my inconsistent abbreviations for jumps that I'd quickly transcribe from my notes while the next skater was warming up!

It was a super fun event that always seems surreal with things being so small that I saw coaches and skaters getting ready in the bathroom, I almost bumped into Caroline Zhang twice, Sean Rabbitt's mom said hi to me cause she recognized me from Twitter, I caught Ilia Kulik starting to shimmy a little during Mariah's SP, Frank Carroll gave Jason's lp a standing ovation, and other little moments like that. If anyone has a chance to go to a summer comp I HIGHLY recommend it, it's a blast!

noskates

Record Breaker
Only read the last few pages of this thread but again am struck by the fact that people are still questioning artistry over athleticism....for lack of a better way to say it. Yes Jason doesn't have a quad, yes he probably won't medal at Worlds and whether or not you think he's overmarked on PCs, it's been consistent for the past several years. From my perspective, which is not always a popular one, there are 2 parts to skating and especially with the men they should have equal weight. Jason always delivers a beautiful and entertaining program - without the quad. I really, really don't like jump fests without any sense of musicallity or skating skills other than jumps. I think Jason earns his scores consistently - not all that many judges at so many competitions can be so totally wrong as is implied here and in other discussions about Jason's scores. I'm positive that he, Kori and Frank and anybody else who has any input to Jason's programs and career are very, very well aware of his need for a quad. But in the meantime, there are only a handful of skaters that can deliver such a polished program and like someone else said, the quad is only worth so many points. If you can make up those points elsewhere in your skating than that should be the end of the discussion. I think the skaters with the multiple quads and poor skating skills otherwise are over marked. There should be a balance.

(okay, waiting for the tomatoes......)

p.s. thanks for the commentary....I would LOVE to go to a summer competition but most of them require airplanes, hotels and that nasty habit I have of eating

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Given how silent much of Twitter was for this competition, your updates made a lot of your fellow fans really happy - and your comments on Ilia Kulik and Frank Carroll are now the icing on the cake!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

This sounds like such a great comp; :agree:
but I'd have to live in LA, and I'm not Adam; I like it here in Penna. and don't want to be a transplant:laugh: Liberty just does not have the same lineup....;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Mariah Bell is giving me a serious Kiira Korpi flashback.
I remember seeing her live in 2012 Nationals and thought this girl was oozing star quality. I posted about it then.

noskates

Record Breaker
I've been saying for the past 3 years that Mariah Bell could very well be the future of ladies skating in the US. She has an excellent team and Kori is bringing her along slowly but surely. Go Mariah!

mrrice

Record Breaker
I've been saying for the past 3 years that Mariah Bell could very well be the future of ladies skating in the US. She has an excellent team and Kori is bringing her along slowly but surely. Go Mariah!

You definitely know what you're talking about noskates and I agree 100%. Beautiful Music, Beautiful Costume, and wonderfully choreographed program. Bravo!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, that was wonderful. Such growth in just a year. Last year, I thought she looked like a little girl playing grown-up. This program is mature and magnificent.

I'm not quite as fond of the short, but I have to say she's presenting two very different programs. I admire that. She's not a one-note.

Lenny318

On the Ice

I really hope she gets the TBA spot at Skate America!!!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
IN's video of GF now is posted :):

IN's GF page includes links to:

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies FSB - free skate qualifying round B

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Men's FS

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies FSF - free skate final round

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Ladies FS

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Ladies SP

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Men's SP

2016 Glacier Falls Jr. Men's FS

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies QRB - short program qualifying round B

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies QRA - short program qualifying round A

2016 Glacier Falls Jr. Men's SP

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IN's video of GF now is posted :):

IN's GF page includes links to:

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies FSB - free skate qualifying round B

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Men's FS

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies FSF - free skate final round

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Ladies FS

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Ladies SP

2016 Glacier Falls Sr. Men's SP

2016 Glacier Falls Jr. Men's FS

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies QRB - short program qualifying round B

2016 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies QRA - short program qualifying round A

2016 Glacier Falls Jr. Men's SP

Yessssss. Thanks ice coverage. I've been checking IN and was just popping into the thread to ask when on earth they were going to have it uploaded. Woop!

ice coverage

Record Breaker