2016 Rio: Women's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Women's Artistic Gymnastics

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
That horribly irritating moment when you spend twenty minutes looking for a live stream and all of them don't play and redirect you to rather sketchy sites telling you to sign up or download things...:bang:

https://www.facebook.com/UEGymnastics/?fref=ts

This page has streaming for each rotation during each subdivision. I haven't really been keeping up but I think you need to refresh the page when the stream ends and wait for the stream to appear again. It's not good quality and unless it's a gymnast/team you know well it's kind of hard to know who/which country is being shown - but it's still a live stream!

Oh, well I guess that link could have been one of the streams that weren't working for you. Sorry if that's the case, it's the only live stream I'm aware of.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
https://www.facebook.com/UEGymnastics/?fref=ts

This page has streaming for each rotation during each subdivision. I haven't really been keeping up but I think you need to refresh the page when the stream ends and wait for the stream to appear again. It's not good quality and unless it's a gymnast/team you know well it's kind of hard to know who/which country is being shown - but it's still a live stream!

Thank you! Even so, it's better than just watching the videos the Euros YouTube channel uploads. :)

ioanna

Record Breaker
Here are the results after 3 rotations. Final rotation starts soon and it includes Great Britain, Spain, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Romania.

1. France
2. Hungary
3. Poland
4. Ukraine
5. Austria
6. Iceland
7. Greece
8. Portugal
9. Belarus
10. Finland
11. Czech Republic
12. Azerbaijan
13. Norway
14. Turkey
15. Israel
16. Latvia
17. Slovenia

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
WELL, thus far this has happened that I'm aware of - Giulia Steingruber did two great vaults, Catalina Ponor did a great vault, Aliya Mustafina and Angelina Melnikova hit their beams routines. Melnikova had a big wobble on her layout but scored well anyway and Aliya was a bit slow but executed most of her elements well. Seda Tutkhalyan fell on her full twisting layout. Seda might have still made beam finals if Aliya messed up, but I imagine Aliya's score will two per Seda out.

Gabrielle Jupp and Rebecca Downie hit their bars routines. R Downie scored about a 15 and Gabby a 14.5. I don't how Ruby Harrold did right now as I can't see all the scores.

I hope they still used Seda's beam in Team Finals. Because she can get the highest beam score if she hits, and if they put Spridonova in even her hit score wouldn't be much higher than Seda's with a fall. I don't think they have anything to lose really, so I hope they don't bench her.

Edit: You're both very welcome!

Last edited:

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
I don't have a stream, but thanks for the updates. :)

Glad to see Aliya and Becky did well. :cheer:

No problem, I'm happy to give updates. The Russian gymnasts scores for beam btw were 13.8 for Seda, 14.733 for Aliya and a 14.5 for Melnikova.

Yes, Aliya was supposed to compete bars and beam here. She wasn't supposed to be competing floor as Afansyeva was(but is no longer doing floor) so I wouldn't be too surprised if she does not do so well on floor.

R Downie 14.3 for beam, so a hit routine - she tends to score in that range when she hits. Jupp with a 14 for beam. Claudia Fragapane with a 13. 366 or so. Must have fallen.

Edit: Alright, so Melnikova scores 13.5 for floor, and Seda 13.7. Little errors adding up. Though I saw Melnikova have a massive jump backwards after one of her tumbling passes and she may have gone out bounds so she may have lost something like half a point or a bit more just from that. Aliya did a very watered down routine but stayed on her feet. The whole routine is definitely not ready yet so that was to be expected.

Last edited:

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
For anyone not aware, some routines being uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/user/europeangymnastics/videos

Some more scores: a 15 for Fragapane(Great Britain) on floor, 14. 2ish for Ellie Downie. Illaria Kaeslin of Switzerland also in the 14.2 ish range for beam, so most likely a beam final for her - which is great in her home country/home crowd. Steingruber had a fall, so no beam final for her.

As for for specifying which countries some of the gymnasts are from, I don't know how much information everyone knows or not. Sorry if I'm just stating obvious facts!

Catalina Ponor scores 14.433 on beam. She had some wobbles. Russian's on vault - all performed yurchenko double twists. Melnikova: 14.833, Afanasyeva 14.933 and Tutkhalayan...I can't seem to be able to find her scores to double check as I saw it a few minutes ago but it was something like a 14.733. She also performed a second vault, along with Afanasyeva so both will be in vault finals. Kim Bui(Germany) scores 14.566 for bars.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Catalina Ponor - wobbly beam, 14.4
Ksenia Afanasyeva - first vault 14.966, second vault 14.541
Kim Bui 14.566 on bars
Seda Tutkhalyan - first vault 14.766, second vault 13.8
Claudia Fragapane - 15 on floor
Ellie Downie - 14.266 on floor
Giulia Steingruber fell twice on beam, still don't know her score.

Last edited:

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
So Steingruber with a great floor routine for 14.966. Nina Derwael, the lovely Belgian gymnast fell on bars unfortunately. Otherwise she'd have made the final

Ok Russian bars:

14.866 for Melnikova
14.766 for Spiridonova. Which surprisingly means she's probably out of bar finals. Her difficulty was down for some reason - I didn't see the routine. But Aliya seemed to do a strong routine so most likely her score will be higher. EDIT. 15.166 for Mustafina.

GB on vault:

Harrold: 14.8
Fragapane: 14.733.

Ellie Downie is second for vault finals after Steingruber. Don't know what her individual vault(for the team) score was but probably the highest of the three Brits.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Uneven bars

Aliya Mustafina 15.166
Daria Spiridonova 14.766

Catalina Ponor executes a solid floor routine with Romanian gymnasts Diana Bulimar, Andreea Munteanu and Stefania Stanila cheering for her on the live stream with the rest of us.

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
OK so over all scores:

1)173.363 - Great Britain
2)173.261 - Russian Federation
3)166.128 - Switzerland

Really impressive for Switzerland. Teams like Italy and France just did not have great days. Especially Italy.

I'm guessing it was GB's floor scores that put them ahead of Russia.

Also to Team Final:

4)164.870 - Romania
5)164.852 - Germany
6)162.839 - France
7)162.128 - Italy
8)161.963 - Hungary

And Belgium in 9th.

Really great for Hungary. Belgium didn't bring their top team but it's still a bit of a surprise. This isn't exactly a reflection of the top Euro teams at the moment. Romania, Hungary and Switzerland did not qualify for the Olympics. Belgium did. Also the German, Italian and French teams are much stronger than than this. With their best teams Germany and Italy would certainly be in medal contention. Italy still may be if they can have a good day during Team Final.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Keeping in mind that Great Britain had some of the world bronze medalists in the team and the others (Italy with Ferrari, Ferlito, Romania with Iordache, Bulimar and Jurca) lacked some of their best gymnasts, the results are understandable. Steingruber single handedly placed Switzerland in 3rd. Romania qualified in 4th.

Event finalists:

VAULT
1. Giulia Steingruber 15.433
2. Elissa Downie 14.866
3. Ksenia Afanasyeva 14.753
4. Sofia Busato 14.566
5. Claudia Fragapane 14.549
6. Teja Belak 14.499
7. Zsofia Kovacs 14.383
8. Jurkowska-Kowalska 14.316

UNEVEN BARS
1. Aliya Mustafina 15.166
2. Rebecca Downie 15.033
3. Angelina Melnikova 14.866
4. Gabrielle Jupp 14.566
5. Kim Bui 14.566
6. Zsofia Kovacs 14.200
7. Martina Pizzelli 14.166
8. Giulia Steingruber 14.033

BALANCE BEAM
1. Aliya Mustafina 14.733
2. Angelina Melnikova 14.500
3. Catalina Ponor 14.433
4. Marine Brevet 14.366
5. Rebecca Downie 14.333
6. Ilaria Kaeslin 14.266
7. Marine Boyer 14.200
8. Gaelle Mys 14.133

FLOOR
1. Claudia Fragapane 15.000
2. Giulia Steingruber 14.966
3. Catalina Ponor 14.566
4. Elissa Downie 14.266
5. Mara Titarsolej 14.166
6. Amelie Foellinger 13.866
7. Marine Brevet 13.800
8. Gaelle Mys 13.800

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
The Russian juniors demonstrated the score that would make them 3rd in the seniors... :lol:
And the Russian juniors scored higher on FX than the Russian seniors. ;)

ioanna

Record Breaker
The Russian juniors demonstrated the score that would make them 3rd in the seniors... :lol:
And the Russian juniors scored higher on FX than the Russian seniors. ;)

Well the Swiss team isn't exactly known for scoring big points and the Romanian team is a very watered down version of what it could be with a healthy Iordache, Bulimar and Jurca instead of Butuc or Zarzu. These are only the qualification scores though so let's see what the Russian seniors do on FX in the team final first. :)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well the Swiss team isn't exactly known for scoring big points and the Romanian team is a very watered down version of what it could be with a healthy Iordache, Bulimar and Jurca instead of Butuc or Zarzu. These are only the qualification scores though so let's see what the Russian seniors do on FX in the team final first. :)

Russian seniors are a mess on floor since circa 2013, so no big surprises are expected. ;) Their only future hope is upcoming youngsters with stable fx routines.

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/ueg/

Here's a link to the livestream, though I'm sure most of you know - just in case. It will still be available to watch after the fact as well. The first step to USA gymnastics trials(women) is also today - the US Secret Classic(at 7pm ET) for anyone interested in American gymnasts. The USA gymnastics youtube channel should be live streaming(possibly Geo blocked) but they upload every routine as the competition is taking place as well.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I *heart* Eurovision, it works wonderfully with appleTV streaming to the big screen television. Watching this Women gymnastics event is a good way to get into the mood for the Olympics!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Well the Euros team final was a bit of a disaster. So many falls on bars and beam. On the other hand, 29 year old Catalina Ponor scored 14.600 on beam, 14.566 on floor and 15.066 on vault (she got more in the qualifications). She will aim for the beam and floor podiums tomorrow in the event finals. Romania has only one Olympic spot and the battle between Catalina Ponor and Larisa Iordache is getting tighter and tighter.