Best costume, hair or make up for 2015-2016 | Golden Skate

Best costume, hair or make up for 2015-2016

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Let's be shallow...

It's Saturday... Summer has hit Canada... Long weekend... we all wanna party... but who did it best ?

Best Hair ?

Best costume ?

Best makeup ?

Go glitters, feathers and beads!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
do not be afraid to include links to videos or pictures.... how can we be shallow, if we cannot look at it :)

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is this going to turn into a thread about contouring, or rather, the lack of it at Russian nationals for the ladies? :laugh:

If it wasn't for Elena's Little Mermaid coloured worlds free program monstrosity of a dress, I'd give her the title of best costumes. I loveloveloved her peach coloured SP dress and both the purple FP dress and the black lacy one she wore at Europeans. God, we gotta let this girl win SOMETHING other than CoR this year! :laugh2:

Evgenia's FP dress is another big winner for me. Gorgeous without being overwhelming, perfect for the W/E theme. I bet Wallis Simpson had dresses just like it.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I really loved this dress on Julia, but I feel like it missed the mark when it came to suiting the theme of an Elvis program. Granted, the rainbow tye dye number was also way off - it was more like something you'd wear if you were skating to 1960s psychedelic rock. Honestly, who comes up with these costume ideas in the first place? :confused: I feel like something was lost in translation when discussing the Elvis era.

Sorry for the tangent / rant. In summary, I swear I like that dress. :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
julia is so pretty... she's one of the skaters who could wear a paper bag and still make this tread for best dressed

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Tho i dont like her much, Marin's Beetlejuice has the best dress in a close tie with Gracie's Elchoclo and Yulia's Elvis (not the rainbow pop one)
Dont know about make up but i feel Elena seems veru nice and natural in terms of face.
Best hairs needs to be Ashley Wagner, Mao and Yuna Shiraiwa.

For males...
Best costume is Yuzuru's Seimei (love the bling ;)), and Alexei Bychenko's Les Mis. Its actually so real and really makes him look like Jean Valjean.
Best hair for men must be Shoma's !! Love it when he's hair gets all messed up after his skate, other than that, Adam's lavender hair for the Beatles was gorgeous too, too bad he let it go.
Make up?? Uh, not really make up but like facial...adjustment is Javi's beard 😂 when he grows it for the short but shaves it for the long.
Dance...
Best dress and hair should be WeaPo's short. Love Katelyn's poof :)
Dont really watch pairs so...

Layback11

Record Breaker
omg... how did you do this in like 2 seconds? did you have the answer to this thread already done ? HAHA

since you are so quick... include men in hair and costumes :)

I did two blog posts on this topic, so I already knew somewhat what I wanted to include. :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
haha you are amazing... please include men now... since you gotta work it ;) to make it ;)

Men? Well, I liked Daniel Samohin's FS costume, and Yuzuru's SP costume...and Takahito Mura's SP costume for the lulz. Hair-strangely, I kind of want to give this to Mikhail Kolyada. If ice dance men count, Alex Shib and Guillaume Cizeron.