Best costume, hair or make up for 2015-2016 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Best costume, hair or make up for 2015-2016

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I think that Anna Pogorilaya, Gracie Gold and Rika Hongo all looked great this season. Javier Fernandez wins the men's category, just because he wasn't overdoing it and he obviously learned from some errors in the past.
I want to comment on two ladies who were mentioned before:
Radionova's 3rd FS costume kind of grows on me, but the gloves are the problem, makes her look like a floater. It would have been unusual and kind of pretty without those gloves.
Evgenia Medvedeva's hair was well done, but I don't really like the style. She has very thick hair (I got the same "problem") and because of that I think she has to have the main weight of her hair close to her neck to not get headaches and stuff. She should probably have it shortened a bit, I think they could do more intricate and pretty hairstyles then.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia Medvedeva's hair was well done, but I don't really like the style. She has very thick hair (I got the same "problem") and because of that I think she has to have the main weight of her hair close to her neck to not get headaches and stuff. She should probably have it shortened a bit, I think they could do more intricate and pretty hairstyles then.

I would like to see Evgenia and Elena with shoulder length hair, it would look more modern. Another plus is it might not take as long to style for their on ice up-dos.

ordinary person

On the Ice
Unfortunately, there were far more worst-dressed this season. Elena Radionova's 'look at my panties outfits' ( and that flaking make-up) is tops on my worst-dressed list. Pogo meeds better 'flesh', she is quite stunning as a young woman, but she needs to work it better.

Ummm, you do know every figure skater has that 'look at my panties outfit' right? It's like i mentioned before, as long as they keep wearing flesh coloured tights they'll always have that godawful, super gross look.:disapp:

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
How can Josee Chouinard and Kaetlyn Osmond not be mentioned in these categories? These ladies could make a potato sack look elegant! Back to basics here and those who can do it justice!

To refresh memories:

Josee and her Moon River routine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0orW3Bk3KQ

Next Kaetlyn, my girl and how can she not draw you in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFPzAoRmtoU

As for male, I have to go with that Kirk Cameron look alike, Kurt Browning (with apologies to those going ...who's Kirk Cameron, at this moment), and this, Kurt's Casablanca attire. What a great look for him, and this Sandra Bezic masterpiece!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYI8l8Fgk8

Because Josee did not skate in 2015 or 2016. I already got busted for mentioning Cynthia Phaneuf, ;)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Anna's SP costume.......In fact, I love a lot of things about Anna. She's such a diva!!

I agree with you; she's truly amazing. Saw her SP and FS at Worlds in Boston & felt she should have placed higher on the podium. Just saying: she wears the SP costume well but it left a lot to be desired IMHO.... ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
but i did mention to long legacy of quebec elegance :) from josƩe to cynthia to now veronik ;) let's not forget jessica dubƩ

and yes mrrice ;) i just love busting you when you go off topic ;) part of the things that make our interaction so enjoyable right ? HUGS <3
Because Josee did not skate in 2015 or 2016. I already got busted for mentioning Cynthia Phaneuf, ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
but i did mention to long legacy of quebec elegance :) from josƩe to cynthia to now veronik ;) let's not forget jessica dubƩ

and yes mrrice ;) i just love busting you when you go off topic ;) part of the things that make our interaction so enjoyable right ? HUGS <3

KABOOM!!!!! :laugh2:

khughes

On the Ice
I think that Anna Pogorilaya, Gracie Gold and Rika Hongo all looked great this season. Javier Fernandez wins the men's category, just because he wasn't overdoing it and he obviously learned from some errors in the past.
I want to comment on two ladies who were mentioned before:
Radionova's 3rd FS costume kind of grows on me, but the gloves are the problem, makes her look like a floater. It would have been unusual and kind of pretty without those gloves.

Am I missing something? For me, Anna Pogorilaya's lp dress was uniquely awful, sort of on par with Yamaguchi and Harding circa 92/94.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Am I missing something? For me, Anna Pogorilaya's lp dress was uniquely awful, sort of on par with Yamaguchi and Harding circa 92/94.
I didn't like Yamaguchi's hair, but I think she was always dressed nicely. Tonya is another story. And it was the 90's.
Regarding Anna Pogorilaya - I think the skirt was a bit too long and harem pants would have looked great, but I think the costume still fit the music very well (and that's the goal, isn't it?) and Anna Pogorilaya isn't capable of looking awful anyway.

khughes

On the Ice
I didn't like Yamaguchi's hair, but I think she was always dressed nicely. Tonya is another story. And it was the 90's.
Regarding Anna Pogorilaya - I think the skirt was a bit too long and harem pants would have looked great, but I think the costume still fit the music very well (and that's the goal, isn't it?) and Anna Pogorilaya isn't capable of looking awful anyway.

No question she's a lovely looking young woman. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. The outfit still looks like it was conjured up by the animators at Disney to me!

thoakun

Final Flight
I got major hair envy at Zhenia's Edwardian-inspired updo. Her luscious, textured hair makes it easy to style fluffy updo without the need of back-combing or hair rollers for added volume. Curious to see what hairdo she'd sport for the coming season.

Last edited:

hugo

On the Ice
I love Anna's SP costume.......In fact, I love a lot of things about Anna. She's such a diva!!
agree, I loved especially her "starting" face on SP and LP in Boston, with just a little, little smile. And her stone face just after ending SP. She was talking something to herself :) This girl doesn't need to smile to be beatiful.
I would like to see Evgenia and Elena with shoulder length hair, it would look more modern. Another plus is it might not take as long to style for their on ice up-dos.
Zhenia once said, that she's usually spending about 2 hours in hotel room on make-up and hair arranging before competition, because she had nothing else to do :)

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
It's not 2015-16 season's, so apology in advance but I just can't stop picking up this one for the best costume and hair-do by a male skater. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFAgGvCRxs

Ridiculously well costumed to the theme of the music and ridiculously cool hair-do, ridiculously difficult twizzles but well choreographed to the music. Who else can choreograph this damn well and who else can skate this damn well, except TAT and Dai. (Did I ever tell you I am Dai fan, btw? :biggrin:)

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not 2015-16 season's, so apology in advance but I just can't stop picking up this one for the best costume and hair-do by a male skater. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFAgGvCRxs

Ridiculously well costumed to the theme of the music and ridiculously cool hair-do, ridiculously difficult twizzles but well choreographed to the music. Who else can choreograph this damn well and who else can skate this damn well, except TAT and Dai. (Did I ever tell you I am Dai fan, btw? :biggrin:)

Uncle Dai is SO fabulous!

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best costumes: Mirai's SP "Demons", Mao's FP, Gracie's SP "El Choclo", Shoma's SP
Most unfortunate costume: Takahito Mura's FP
Best hair: Shoma - and the less hair wax the better; very cool total "bed head" look by the end of his FS.

Last edited:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I think Meagan Duhamel looked exceptionally good! I don't know if her marriage and family life has anything to do with it - but she just glows and has this inner confidence. She was perfect hair to feet ! All her dresses were beautiful and fitted her body type perfectly. I think she found her designer!

On the other hand - I hated Ashley's LP everything this season. I found her new hair color terrible and made her hair look damaged and weak (just my opinion, people), and it distracted me from everything that was good in her LP. Her SP dress was stunning. But her hair still ruined the image for me ;(

Elena Radioniva's dresses were also beautiful (I mean the first LP dress obviously :biggrin:) I also enjoyed her hairstyles and make up ( except for at Russian nationals).

withwings

On the Ice
On the other hand - I hated Ashley's LP everything this season. I found her new hair color terrible and made her hair look damaged and weak (just my opinion, people), and it distracted me from everything that was good in her LP. Her SP dress was stunning. But her hair still ruined the image for me ;(

I am sad to agree about Ashley's hair. She has damaged them profoundly(I just wonder if there is no one around her to tell this?). Her natural hair was/is so beautiful.

For me ALAINE CHARTRAND somehow stood out with her LP dress. She was a surprise to me this season in general- a whole package. There were very many well dressed skaters, but I cannot remember their costumes now! They were there only for that moment.

ASHLEY WAGNER LP dress really was gorgeous.

loopy

Final Flight
I think the color for Ashley's hair was okay, but it needed high and low lights because it looks flat under the lights. You couldn;t really see the style because it was all one color.