Jason Brown making progress on quads | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown making progress on quads

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
By the time GS's members get Jason to act less goofy, change his voice, cut his hair, wear simple costumes, and do umpteen quads, we'll all be watching a completely different skater. There are plenty of skaters who aren't Jason. Why ask him to change the stuff that makes him such a distinct personality on and off the ice? IDGI.

Good point. I fell in love with the smiley, free spirit, crazy guy who was an artistic skater with a great connection to his music. Quads? Meh! I still go back to the 2A or 3A + 1L +3F as a big point getter instead. I do like the simple costumes because some of his have been a little distracting...No matter what he chooses to do, I'll never forget us all (the audience) going berserk for his 2014 Nationals Riverdance. Thx for the memory Jason!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For Jason, I think a trip to the grocery store could be the time of his life ;) But yes, it looks like he's having a blast.

I wonder how having the programs earlier this year will impact his performance at summer competitions. We're used to seeing him look fairly rough there so it will be interesting to see if this year is different.

Personally, I LOVE going to the grocery store. :laugh:

It sound like his programs are usually just a few weeks old when he does them at Broadmoor, so yes, it will be interesting to see what they look like this time around.

Last edited:

loopy

Final Flight
Jason was the kindest skater I have ever met. He finished his program and stuck it out for hours - clearly exhausted and signed every single skaters request for autographs - he would have kept at it but finally his helper guided him out the door. He is sincerely a grateful, fun kind young man. I love his skating because it is him out there. He is the same person on the ice as off the ice. A true skate role model. I love his big smile, his ponytail, his enthusiasm and him skating his heart out on the ice. Don't change Jason! Do what you love, wear what you love and skate to what you love.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Personally, I LOVE going to the grocery store. :laugh:

It sound like his programs are usually just a few weeks old when he does them at Broadmoor, so yes, it will be interesting to see what they look like this time around.

Yes it will be very interesting and please please IN: stream the comp this year!

After he returns, he will have about 2 weeks of training before Broadmoor. I am really really curious as to whether he will go for the quad for this comp, and if so, in both programs. His programs at TCC were already so beautiful that it's a possibility; still, he did have 2 < 3As there so maybe he will want to fix that first and maybe go for the quads at Glacier Falls? I guess it partly depends on how much he was training them before he left. In any case it will be interesting to see where he's at!

StitchMonkey, were you planning a trip to Broadmoor Open this year?

ETA ice network just confirmed they will not be live streaming it.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
By the time GS's members get Jason to act less goofy, change his voice, cut his hair, wear simple costumes, and do umpteen quads, we'll all be watching a completely different skater. There are plenty of skaters who aren't Jason. Why ask him to change the stuff that makes him such a distinct personality on and off the ice? IDGI.

Bravo!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Jason was the kindest skater I have ever met. He finished his program and stuck it out for hours - clearly exhausted and signed every single skaters request for autographs - he would have kept at it but finally his helper guided him out the door. He is sincerely a grateful, fun kind young man. I love his skating because it is him out there. He is the same person on the ice as off the ice. A true skate role model. I love his big smile, his ponytail, his enthusiasm and him skating his heart out on the ice. Don't change Jason! Do what you love, wear what you love and skate to what you love.

Jason is very sweet indeed. I (Kind of ) met Jason in 2011 at Nationals. The year that dreamy Ryan Bradley won. ;) He was already in his sweats and I was getting coffee or something. Anyway, I was wearing an I love Joshua T-Shirt and I turned around and Jason was right in front of me. He was so tiny and cute and I know he saw my shirt with a GIANT picture of Joshua right on my chest. I said, "Whoa, excuse young man" and he said, "No problem" and that was it. I'm sure they had a laugh at my shirt as soon as I left the area.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes it will be very interesting and please please IN: stream the comp this year!

After he returns, he will have about 2 weeks of training before Broadmoor. I am really really curious as to whether he will go for the quad for this comp, and if so, in both programs. His programs at TCC were already so beautiful that it's a possibility; still, he did have 2 < 3As there so maybe he will want to fix that first and maybe go for the quads at Glacier Falls? I guess it partly depends on how much he was training them before he left. In any case it will be interesting to see where he's at!

StitchMonkey, were you planning a trip to Broadmoor Open this year?

ETA ice network just confirmed they will not be live streaming it.

Maybe that other company will be able to live stream it now???

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Maybe that other company will be able to live stream it now???

Great minds think alike! I just checked their website and there's no mention of it but maybe it's too early.

According to Tom Z the Aerial Challenge will be live streamed but he doesn't say by who. Since its part of Broadmoor Open it seems weird that only the jump part would be streamed. But I guess weirder things have happened.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Saw Jason at a very small, local Chicago Park District event. But he skated his heart out as if he were at a big competition. And afterwards he did just like you said - he signed many, many autographs! He was a class act, role model, great figure skating ambassador, and all the other superlatives I can think of. Can't wait to see what this season is like for him. Go Jason!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yes, thanks for the nice interview! As said, good for Jason to have his programs ready to improve together with quads at summer competitions.

Kori Ade obviously thinks of him as the number one US guy :biggrin:

Good luck Jason!