2016 Rio: Olympic Diving | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Olympic Diving

alebi

Medalist
I want to watch the men's 10m platform RIGHT NOW!!!!

Qiu Bo + Daley + Minibaev + Sascha Klein ( :love: ) + Boudia + Mexican guys.......... OMG!!! :eeking:

And I already keep my fingers crossed for Tania... she deserves an Olympic medal SO MUCH and it's her last chance before retirement :points:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I don't ever and probably won't remember names of diving athletes at all, but LOVE watching every diving events in summer Olympics because they take away hot weather!

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
My personal technical opinion: "Divers are ones of the hottest guys out there"

And you know how many time, during a diving competition, I call them skaters instead of divers? AHAHAHAH :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't ever and probably won't remember names of diving athletics at all, but LOVE watching every diving events in summer Olympics because they take away hot weather!

I can't remember names too. From 2 weeks ago EAC I only manged to remember Julia Prokopchuk & Illya Kvasha. I remember being impressed by Mexico synchronized Ladies and Men last Olympics, so I will probably cheer for them this year :) I watched lat year WC too, and I was really impressed by North Korean lady, who broke the domination of Chinese. I hope she will be at her best in Olympics too!

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I can't remember names too. From last week EAC I only manged to remember Julia Prokopchuk & Illya Kvasha. I remember being impressed by Mexico synchronized Ladies and Men last Olympics, so I will probably cheer for them this year :) I watched lat year WC too, and I was really impressed by North Korean lady, who broke the domination of Chinese. I hope she will be at her best in Olympics too!

Thanks, I'll look into some of the competitions where the divers participated. This must be exciting!

alebi

Medalist
I would like to see Yulia Prokopchuk on the 10m podium. Her lines are so clean :love:

I agree! She's really refined :)

Apart from the Chinese girls, I remember Pandelela Rinong and the super young Korean girl who won last year champs. It'll be really hard for the Ukrainian

naz

On the Ice
Ah, I absolutely love diving! It's so entertaining to watch, and not just because of the hot athletes (though I do have to agree with alebi :biggrin:)
I remember laughing about one picture from the London Olympics, where the British celebrated their bronze and the Chinese were crying over their silver in the men's 10m.
I also love diving because it's so cool to watch people land beautifully in the water after having done multiple figures in the air. Impressive!

Layback11

Record Breaker
No idea what anything they're doing is, but I love to watch diving. I also respect the divers a lot because I took a diving class as a kid and I was petrified the whole time! :laugh2:

rosacotton

Final Flight
I want to watch the men's 10m platform RIGHT NOW!!!!

Qiu Bo + Daley + Minibaev + Sascha Klein ( :love: ) + Boudia + Mexican guys.......... OMG!!! :eeking:

Right there with you! Should be a battle royale.

Big shout out to Cynthia Potter. She's my favorite NBC commentator during the Olympics.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love to watch diving! Although I'm very uninformed on scoring, or even who the top athletes in the sports are. I'll do some digging around to see who to watch for :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Canadian girls go go go ;) will be tough.. China is so strong... and I will miss my fave He Chong:love:

alebi

Medalist
Canadian girls go go go ;) will be tough.. China is so strong... and I will miss my fave He Chong:love:

He Chong won't participate? I missed this news :eek:hwell:

Today first medals in women's 3m sincro!!

Amazing duo Shi Tingmao - Wu Minxia for gold. Then CAN, AUS, ITA for silver and bronze. I think Canada is a bit favourite but... GO TANIA!! GO FRANCY!! End your careers with no regrets!! :points:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And we have finished first event! Gold for Chinese, silver for Italians and bronze for Australians :cheer: Congrats to all ladies, it was a pleasure to watch :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
And we have finished first event! Gold for Chinese, silver for Italians and bronze for Australians :cheer: Congrats to all ladies, it was a pleasure to watch :)

Canada missed the bronze by less than a point! :sad21:

Congrats to the medalists though. The Chinese were machines! The synchronization is amazing :bow:

alebi

Medalist
after two 4th places (one for only two tenths), finally Tania Cagnotto got this deserved Olympic medal!!!!!!!! :hap93:

Was it the last competition for Wu Minxia? After this Olympic I'm worried many divers I loved will retire... :(