Russian skaters transfer | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian skaters transfer

tulosai

Record Breaker
Israel is for shure better option than Ukraine, even for someone with name ending "ko" or "uk".
Ukraine besides that has no good ladies skaters, has no money for sport as well. Also they look suspiciously for anyone coming from Russia ("state-agressor")

aliyah also isn't the only path to citizenship there to address the other part of the post you quoted- though it is admittedly by far the quickest and easiest one.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
If Chernivskaya swapped countries, does it mean that the whole pair is going, or did Chernivskaya -Souza Kordeiru split up?
If Ivanova is moving to Pavlova, are they moving both (including her partner Khakimov), or did they split up?

They split. At least there were rumour about it long time ago.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Kvitelashvili just booked his worlds and olympic games ticket. He is a top 10 material and can even medal in euro if he skate fairly well. Is he going to stay in Russia to train?

Country
Russia
If Chernivskaya swapped countries, does it mean that the whole pair is going, or did Chernivskaya -Souza Kordeiru split up?
If Ivanova is moving to Pavlova, are they moving both (including her partner Khakimov), or did they split up?
I wrote all I know. I have no extra info.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I have no idea what the thing with Kovtun and Popova, honestly.

Any chance this may have something to do with holding a dance spot on the GP? If Russia doesn't officially name Popova & Vlasenko as split, then do P&V have to be "guaranteed" one on the initial lists of GP invites? (No idea if this could help, but if I was Russia right now, I would try anything to help B&S, S&B, and I&K all get a second spot).

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
I'm happy for Hurtado and Khaliavin! Spanish ice dance is getting crowded :popcorn:

anyanka

Record Breaker
The question I have is: will everyone have made the change in nationalities in time so they can (1) not have to sit out a year, assuming they haven't competed internationally last season, and (2) get their citizenships expedited for the Olympics.

Assuming everyone has to sit out from last fall, then their one-year sit-out period would then expire this coming fall, everyone can qualify for nationals in all their new countries, and possibly make it to international competition starting with Euros 2017. This presumes that these competitors have achieved the minimum scores to qualify.

Spiral

Final Flight
Well, Nicole Gosviani hasn't competed for two seasons, so she could start any time, I think, and I'm very happy for her that she has apparently recovered from her injury and will have no problem with Euros and Worlds assignments. I've always liked her skating a lot!

Khalyavin competed with Monko at Skate Canada in 2015, but he can do a late B competition with Urtado and then compete at Spanish Nationals, Euros and Worlds.

I didn't follow the others that closely.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, Nicole Gosviani hasn't competed for two seasons, so she could start any time, I think, and I'm very happy for her that she has apparently recovered from her injury and will have no problem with Euros and Worlds assignments. I've always liked her skating a lot!

Khalyavin competed with Monko at Skate Canada in 2015, but he can do a late B competition with Urtado and then compete at Spanish Nationals, Euros and Worlds.

I didn't follow the others that closely.

There are other strong skaters in Italy bar Nicole Gosviani. Russo, Rodeghiero and now also Kostner - it's not going to be easy.

rosy14

Final Flight
There are other strong skaters in Italy bar Nicole Gosviani. Russo, Rodeghiero and now also Kostner - it's not going to be easy.
She has already participated in the Italian Nationals last December. She arrived 4th, Russo was first and Rodeghiero second. Nikol popped two jumps, if I'm correct.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She has already participated in the Italian Nationals last December. She arrived 4th, Russo was first and Rodeghiero second. Nikol popped two jumps, if I'm correct.

Also Rodeghiero and Kostner are much older than Nikol, at ages 26 and 29, respectively. Russo is only a year younger. After 2018, things will open up quite a bit, me thinks.

hanca

Record Breaker

Wasn't she injured though? I hope that the next nationals will be better.