2015-16 programs: Potential not reached? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 programs: Potential not reached?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think Volosozhar/Trankov's SP was actually skated to its potential at least a couple of times, while I agree that their FS deserved much better performances.

The best under-performed program, though, was Mao's FS: a favourite of mine, she unfortunately never really sold it, while if skated cleanly that could have been a masterpiece of elegance, delicacy and subtleties!
Another great one was Adelina's FS, of course.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Even if Mao's FS didn't reach its potential, I'm excited to see a new program from her. I prefer to see a more ~dramatic~ Mao (2014 LP) as opposed to the more ~serene~ Mao that Madame Butterfly seems to evoke.

Adelina's two programs did not get skated to their full potential this season, unfortunately; I loooooved both programs. I hope she keeps her SP, but she's overdue for a new LP, as much as I love the DRAMA of Je Suis Malade.

Yulia finally skated her SP to its potential at Russian Nats, but her LP not really. But it's a major loss, IMO, since to me her LP seemed to be fairly generic "serious music" and nothing too special. Then again, maybe I only think that because she never skated it to its potential? In any case, she needs two new programs to reflect the new and improved Yulia that'll be coming next season! No programs with negativity attached.

V/T are current presidents of the "didn't skate it to its potential" club. Dracula might never have been that special, but a sharper version of the Bollywood SP could've been iconic. If they continue to compete, I wouldn't mind seeing it again. LOVE that program.

Both of Karen Chen's programs could've been epic if perfect. Still, she needs to move on from the warhorses and do something more creative, as much as I liked her programs this season.

I can't think of any men who didn't skate their programs awesome at least once this season. Except for Jason Brown, who was injured. But we'll have the LP next season, so that's good. Ooooh, well, maybe Denis Ten. But I'm not sure his material was that inspiring, especially compared to the previous season.

Agree about Adelina, but she actually did skate both programs well (the SP was particularly spectacular) at Mordavian Ornament:

https://youtu.be/9rvLWnYNrd
https://youtu.be/psUN18dgdYc

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Sui/Han FS - Samson & Delilah comes first to my mind. I wished the team nailed all elements and earned new World title.

Peng/Zhang - both SP/FS, both programs are gorgeous, but never lived up to expectations. As the result, we know how the the pair partner swapping happened.

Weaver/Poje - FD, I personally don't like the program, but their struggles with the program put them off from the podium at Worlds.

Denis Ten - First free program and the later one both. I prefer the first one to the Romeo & Juliet.

While there are many programs other than the above programs that didn't reach their full potentials during the latest season, I want to see skaters to bring in new programs for the new season. That is because recycling programs right from the previous season reduce my interest in even my favorite skaters except in the case for Olympics.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I was a bit disappointed that Voronov didn't play with the big boys as he used to. Don't think it was him, imo he needs different programmes to show what he's capable of. Well, there's reasons for changing the coach...
The sames goes for Ross Miner, who I think has loads more to offer. But in his case, it's him who needs to work on a few moves and jumps. Good luck to both of them next season. Hope to see you, boys! :clapper:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Stolbova/Klimov FS. Yes, they won GPF with it, but their struggle with injuries didn't allow them to polish it... Some movements could be changed, Ksenia didn't give much face and Fedor could have acted more. If it was given time, it could have been one of the best programs of all time.