Top 10 Iconic Ladies dresses of all time | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Top 10 Iconic Ladies dresses of all time

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well i thought so when you talked about the triple axel but you insisted with the double so before you went to single jumps, i thought i'd set things straight :)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wasn't that lovely lady in her 90s (RIP) who's videos of her figure skating went viral a few months ago doing waltz jumps?;)

senatormls

On the Ice
Other dresses that come to mind ( Nancy, Yulia and Peggy have been well represented), are Laura Lepisto's 2010 OG LP red dress ( the hair clip was the icing), Janet Lynn in 1970, Maria Butyrskaya's 1999 LP dress ( and a better haircut). Michelle Kwan's Red Violin program comes to mind as well.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Besides, show some respect! If so called "new skating fans" started watching the sport, let's say since 2005 or 06 or even since 2010, well, it is hardly being called "new skating fans, over 10 years, a decade, wow. Time flies really fast, doesn't it? You're just one old timer, that's all. New skating fans have different perspectives and fresh attitudes that some of old timers do not want to take, perhaps including me though. At least we should try to embrace all kind of perspectives as you know.

Jeez, a little sensitive much? I showed NO disrespect one little bit. It is hard not to notice when we have best SP/LP/dresses of all time and some people only list Yuna or Mao. Obviously someone either has a terrible memory of the past and has lost perspective of the sport or they only have a window of experience of at most the last ten years. And to me becoming a fan within the last ten years IS being a new fan to skating. No big deal, but how dare you say I was being disrespectful when all I said was that it was fun seeing new fans to skating and how different their perspective is when talking about GOATimers. I think your comment was rude and unnecessary, frankly. Namaste.

Speaking of Elisabeths, here is the late Queen Elisabeth of Belgium skating with her husband King Albert I in 1927.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...husiast-murren-bernese-of-picture-id514970392

This Queen Elisabeth had an interesting life. A matron of the arts she was also a world traveler, once visiting the United States and exchanging gifts with the Pueblo Indians near Albuquerque, New Mexico. In World War II she was credited with saving hundreds of Jewish children from the Nazis, for which she later received high honors from the state of Israel. When Belgium was liberated by allied troops, she turned over her palace to serve as the command center for the British army. In the cold war 1950s she made controversial visits to Russia and China.

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
My personal Top 10
Oksana Baiul - Swan SP
Julia Lipnitskaya - Schindler's List
Anna Pogorilaya - Firebird
Alyssa Czisny - Sabrina
Alёna Leonova - Pirates of the Caribbean
Alёna Leonova - Chaplin
Katrina Witt - Carmen
Janet Lynn - the Red Dress in 72 Oly
Akiko Suzuki - Kill Bill
Yuna Kim - James Bond

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Interesting list. I have maybe two of yours on my top ten. Oksana was so memorable andJulia- the rest not so much for me.