grand prix final 2016 practice | Golden Skate

grand prix final 2016 practice

marik

Spectator
hello,
After asking the federation, I had the confirmation that the practices will be reachable from the wednesday morning.
The tickets will be sold on the spot ( 5 euros each day)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
hello,
After asking the federation, I had the confirmation that the practices will be reachable from the wednesday morning.
The tickets will be sold on the spot ( 5 euros each day)
Thanks for the information!

I am glad that we have access to practices (seems that's not a "given", at competitions in France!)... but I will be a little disappointed if we can't buy in advance - if we have to buy (and/or queue up!) for "practice" tickets every day.

Separate "practice" tickets also suggests a disturbing possibility: that we may have to leave the arena after practices are over (or possibly, while practices are still in progress! o_O)... in order to re-enter using our "competition" tickets.

That wouldn't be such a big deal (it happens many places)... if it weren't for the fact that most seats at the GPF are not reserved. Imagine if all the people who don't have "gold" (reserved) seats... were asked to leave, go to the back of the queue outside, and then come back in with a severe handicap in the race for the best seats...! RIOT

I really hope the organisers have thought this through properly, and the above won't happen.
But I must admit to a certain pessimism...

Last edited:

marik

Spectator
I will try to have more informations for the practice tickets, but I think they will clear out the arena before each competition.

Even with an all event ticket for the worlds in Boston, we had to go out and pass the security before each part of the competition!!!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Separate "practice" tickets also suggests a disturbing possibility: that we may have to leave the arena after practices are over (or possibly, while practices are still in progress! o_O)... in order to re-enter using our "competition" tickets.
Do you see any other way? How else would they check if everybody inside has a competition ticket? Unless they only allow people to buy practice tickets if they also have a valid competition ticket for the day, I don't see how else they would do it.

Imagine if all the people who don't have "gold" (reserved) seats... were asked to leave, go to the back of the queue outside, and then come back in with a severe handicap in the race for the best seats
That's pretty much what I expect to happen. People start queuing in the morning to get a seat for practices, then after practices they go outside and get right back into the queue and wait to be let in for the competitions. Some will probably leave early or not attend practices at all to get into the queue for competitions early.
And then what, they have to stay on their seat for the rest of the day? It will be interesting to see how lenient they'll be about "seat reservations" with blankets and stuff, and not only for practices. If you want a good seat for the seniors at night, and you're not allowed to reserve dozens of seats with blankets, you probably won't have a choice but to stay in the arena for most of the day.
But if they allow that sort of thing, somebody let me know how long it takes people to be fed up with several rows being occupied by nothing else but blankets. I'm curious if everybody will just put up with it if that doesn't only happen during practices but every day, all day long.

Even with an all event ticket for the worlds in Boston, we had to go out and pass the security before each part of the competition!!!
Probably because they sold tickets for each individual competition. How else would they check the tickets between events? I don't see how they could keep track of everyone who's already inside. That would be a feat even with only a few hundred people, let alone a few thousand at the GPF or 10.000+ at Worlds.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Do you see any other way? How else would they check if everybody inside has a competition ticket? Unless they only allow people to buy practice tickets if they also have a valid competition ticket for the day, I don't see how else they would do it.
Yes.

Or they could NOT charge extra for practices - entry by competition ticket only, and then nobody would have to leave after practices. I've been to competitions where they did that. But whatever. It's all academic...

...The point is, whatever the arrangements, if there are problems they will ultimately be the result of non-reserved seats for the competitions.

And of course, any such problems will be between the paying spectators, not the organisers...

That's pretty much what I expect to happen. People start queuing in the morning to get a seat for practices, then after practices they go outside and get right back into the queue and wait to be let in for the competitions. Some will probably leave early or not attend practices at all to get into the queue for competitions early.

And then what, they have to stay on their seat for the rest of the day? It will be interesting to see how lenient they'll be about "seat reservations" with blankets and stuff, and not only for practices. If you want a good seat for the seniors at night, and you're not allowed to reserve dozens of seats with blankets, you probably won't have a choice but to stay in the arena for most of the day.

But if they allow that sort of thing, somebody let me know how long it takes people to be fed up with several rows being occupied by nothing else but blankets. I'm curious if everybody will just put up with it if that doesn't only happen during practices but every day, all day long.
Yes. And does any of that sound like fun?
It doesn't sound like fun to me...

I am now extra glad I got "gold" tickets...

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Or they could NOT charge extra for practices - entry by competition ticket only, and then nobody would have to leave after practices. I've been to competitions where they did that. But whatever. It's all academic...
Yes I can totally see this happening here (I would use the sarcasm smiley, but he looks too grumpy :)) Their counterargument is probably "you can count yourselves lucky that we let you watch practices at all, so don't complain about the organization and the extra charge". Which brings me back to the point I made somewhere else before: I'm pretty sure they just don't give a ****.

Yes. And does any of that sound like fun?
It doesn't sound like fun to me...
Nope, it certainly does not.

I said if before, I hope I'll be wrong about all this and things will go better than I suspect they will. But judging from what I've seen the last two years in Barcelona and assuming that a similar crowd will show up.....
:slink:

I am now extra glad I got "gold" tickets...
I don't doubt it :biggrin: good for you

marik

Spectator
News from the federation:

There will be no shuttle to downtown, but there is the tram and the subway.

The practices will take place at the main rink( palais omnisport grand Est), and the tickets will be sold in the entrance of the rink.
There will be some practice pass for the week, on sale on wednesday.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
News from the federation:

There will be no shuttle to downtown, but there is the tram and the subway.

The practices will take place at the main rink( palais omnisport grand Est), and the tickets will be sold in the entrance of the rink.
There will be some practice pass for the week, on sale on wednesday.
Thanks for the updates Marik.

Good news if we can buy a practice pass, and use that every day.

Momochi

Spectator
Can we buy the practice tickets in advance or do they only sell tickets for the same day? I'm arriving on Friday and I was thinking of buying the practice tickets for Saturday morning in advance.