Akiko Suzuki is getting married | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki is getting married

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best wishes to Akiko and her fiance!

I still miss her skating but happy for her next step in life :)

skatefan22

Medalist
Mao, Kanako and Akiko used to say that they will wear their figure skating costume to attend each other's wedding (x). That will be so hilarious. Look forward to Akiko's wedding!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
How romantic is that? Oh gosh, I'm so happy for Akiko. This lady deserves all the luck in the world! Congrats!

christinaskater

Medalist
From spiral

Akiko is getting married! "Winning the gold medal of her life"
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...040001-n1.html

She's getting married to a former elementary school colleague with whom she has reunited last fall. They have been in a relationship since and she received an engagement ring after her 31st birthday. According to the source, it was love at first sight. Congratulations Akiko!

ioanna

Record Breaker
From spiral

Akiko is getting married! "Winning the gold medal of her life"
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...040001-n1.html

She's getting married to a former elementary school colleague with whom she has reunited last fall. They have been in a relationship since and she received an engagement ring after her 31st birthday. According to the source, it was love at first sight. Congratulations Akiko!

Why did you copy my translation from her fan fest thread and start a new one :confused:

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Her ring is so simple and beautiful. Classic like she is! If anyone could offer a translation I would really appreciate it.

Summary: The program, Gogosuma, is tongue-in-cheek complaining that Akiko did not personally inform them of her engagement even though she had appeared on the show many times. They are determined to get to the bottom of things.

Akiko says it had been 18 years since they last met and that it was at her parents' restaurant. She had heard from her mother that he had been a regular for the last 2 years, but he wasn't going there in order to run into her and never asked for contact info. He is of average build. Works in Aichi as a salaryman. Proposal took place on vacation.

Showing of engagement ring. Original design. Did not cry when proposed to. Fiance is cheerful and Akiko would like to create a similarly cheerful household with him.

Appearance of board. [stopping here]

Last edited: