Best dressed singles ladies' skater | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Best dressed singles ladies' skater

noskates

Record Breaker
I pretty much have liked all of Michelle's dresses, Nancy's Olympic LP (is it Vera Wang that I like? NO - hated Evan's snake costume) and I think Jill Trenary and Alyssa always were beautifully costumed.

What I don't like is white. I think it looks washed out on the ice and isn't remarkable. I really don't like it on anyone male or female - unless there's decoration that makes it stand out.
I would agree that Miki Ando had/has the worst taste in costumes but that Akiko Suzuka's dresses were always beautiful.

I also like dresses that fit - and that includes the panties. Doesn't do much for me to see a skater's butt hanging out of her costume.

All of us with opinions - do you really think the skater has that much say or is it her team or her federation?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
The first two are awful for different reasons. The third was a good costume for her Olymoic year free program. Kinda like like Joannies costume a bit.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Sadly almost all Russian girls haven't been showing much taste - Liza comes to mind immediately

Both of Evgenia's dresses this year were gorgeous, and Adelina and Elena's SP dresses were great. I also liked Elena's second version of the Titanic dress (black lace).

Erin S

Rinkside
My top 8, in no particular order:

1. Nancy Kerrigan
2. Michelle Kwan
3. Sasha Cohen
4. Lu Chen (from like 1996 on)
5. Kiira Korpi
6. Alissa Czisny
7. Yuna Kim
8. Nicole Bobek

Imagine

Medalist
Sasha Cohen and Yuna have rarely had any misses...maybe one or two drab costumes between them but nothing hideous. A lot of Mao's costumes are great too. I like most of Gracie's choices too. Yulia, though she is young, has been well dressed for most of her career...the main exception being the rainbow barf number she had for her last SP. Thankfully that was trashed later on.

As for the worst dressed....Adelina and Liza come to mind immediately. I also do not understand why Ando Miki, who is really beautiful and mostly well put together in every other instance, felt the need to show up at not one, but both Olympics looking like her mom had styled her for a Halloween party...

Amei

Record Breaker
Sadly almost all Russian girls haven't been showing much taste - Liza comes to mind immediately

Disagree.

Yulia has always been appropriate, minus her rainbow dress earlier this season.
Liza, while her dresses haven't been the most flattering dresses they were not 'tasteless' in my opinion
Evgenia, beautiful dresses this year
Anna P. haven't exactly been tasteless dresses
Elena Radionova, has been 'hit or miss' with some pretty costumes and some pretty ugly costumes.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

drdart

Spectator
This costume actually made me laugh. It's Tuk from 2015. My students actually called her "Snooky" from the Jersey Shore. ;) Fortunately, she performs like a Russian Diva. I wish she had called my Wife Maria B. who always looked spectacular and designed her own costumes. In fact, there are some Russian Juniors who have gorgeous dresses.

https://youonlylutzonce.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/gpf-8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk