Best dressed singles ladies' skater | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Best dressed singles ladies' skater

gotoschool

Medalist
1. Mao Asada- Rach II at Sochi and Worlds (the deep blue reminds me of the fluidity of water and the ebb and flow of the ocean), Swan Lake and I Got Rhythm
Bells of Moscow (I love the contrast between the deep fiery red (blood and vitality) and black (death) since the musical composition was inspired by Rachmaninoff imagining himself being buried alive as a young man only 19 years old, the same age as Mao when she skated to it. I really like the chokers that Mao wore because I think they were great at highlighting or framing her neck and face and they were attractive, dramatic and classy looking. They gave her costumes an old time but really classic feel.
both Nocturnes in 2006 and 2014, Caprice which reminds me of a classy Spanish costume in the Old West, Smile, the new Puttin on the Ritz costume she wore at Worlds classy and gorgeous, Por Una Cebeza, the first pink pastel Walt Masquerade SP outfit in 2009, Fantasie Impromptu LP, the really classy burgundy outfit for the Walt Masquerade LP in early 2009, and the Madame Butterfly LP and Bei Mir Bist Du Schein SP cotumes for 2015-2016.

2. Lu Chen 1996 Worlds SP and LP costumes, 1997 Worlds SP costume, 1998 Butterfly Lovers LP costume

3. Kristi Yamaguchi Olympic LP 1992 costume, Fantasie Impromptu World Team Championship 1994

4. Maria Butyrskaya 1996 Worlds LP costume and 1999 SP Worlds SP costume

5. Denise Beillmann 1980 LP costume Olympics

6. Debi Thomas 1986 and 1987 Worlds costumes

7. Linda Fratianne 1979-1980 Long program costume (Olympics)

8. Shizuka Arakawa Swan Lake SP costume 2003-2004

Last edited:

drdart

Spectator
I did not post the post the original post. I rarely post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did not post the post the original post. I rarely post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just your phone's way of encouraging you to post more often ;)

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Both of Evgenia's dresses this year were gorgeous, and Adelina and Elena's SP dresses were great. I also liked Elena's second version of the Titanic dress (black lace).

Evgenia's dresses were okay not outstanding but nice, however if its true that shoes can make or break the outfit, what she had on her feet for me negated any good impression her costumes might have otherwise made.

I am not sure what version Elena's Sp dress you had in mind - the peach one? The colour could be nice if it wasnt for neon shade and it was too negligee-like to my taste.
Adelina's dresses per se were also nothing outstanding but compared to what she used to wear it was indeed a huge step forward. And no hooves anymore huraa!
I do like Maria Artemieva's dresses, some of Yulia's and Anna's ex costumes both last season and 2014-2015. Anna's dresses for competitions are nightmare... sigh...