2016 Broadmoor Open/Aerial Challenge | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Broadmoor Open/Aerial Challenge

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
RYAN made a jab at ANYONE about choreography???????????????????????????????????????????

Oh honey, just change your name to Kettle Black.

He made a jab about Max's choreography? Seriously? It's a JUMP contest. What did anyone's choreography have to do with anything?

Agreed!

My guess is that Ryan was just joking.

Max did a 4S+2T then went into clearly some transitional choreography before his next quad during the bonus round. Ryan joked about not being sure he was supposed to do a 2T (probably should not get points, but there is no don't show off rule) up till now it was fine, then when Max started doing his set up Ryan said "And now he is doing choreography, something we don't always see from Max during his long program" which even if a joke, seems rather cruel and unneeded.

Max was hardly the first guy to do something like this at the event... i mean having a jump have an entrance other than generating power crossovers seems to be just an odd concept to Ryan.

I frankly liked Max adding something in between the jumps, it made sense, it made them flow together, it likely gave him more practice... i did not care for the snide remark about his lack of choreography... again.

Lots of guys were being goofy and yes Ryan was remarking in a somewhat silly stream of conscience manner... but he managed to not insult the other skaters.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Paige Rydberg just finished. Music is "Evita." Two pops, otherwise clean. I didn't hear her name being called thought she was Ashley Cain and was confused as to why she had kept the program for three years! :laugh:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
then when Max started doing his set up Ryan said "And now he is doing choreography, something we don't always see from Max during his long program" which even if a joke, seems rather cruel and unneeded.

Wrong place, a possible lack of choreography should be mentioned during a LP (where ever it is being skated).

Layback11

Record Breaker
The current skater, whose name I missed, did a gorgeous 3Lz-3T. Anyone know who it might be? She doesn't look at all familiar, so I have no clue.

Edit: Tessa Hong! Smacking myself for not recognizing her. Three pops. :cry: But she did two great 3-3s! She should medal. She's definitely going on my "ones to watch" list :coffee:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ashley Cain just went. New FS to...Carmen, what else. :laugh: Kind of a rough skate-a pop and a bunch of forward landings/hands down. 84.22, 144.39 total.

Tessa got 102/166.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
and once again my reaction to Emily is "Wow i really like the back of her dress!" I think she and her mother design them... I really like the style they have chosen.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Emily Chan bombed, but her new "Bohemian Rhapsody" FS is absolutely sublime. She reminds me SO much of Sasha Cohen, what with her artistry and flexibility and inconsistency, and how she's always impeccably dressed. :agree:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
anyone know what Mirah's music was... my phone seems to think it is The Carnival of the Animals - XIV. Finale but I am not so sure.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Mariah Bell's "East of Eden" FS is lovely! A few stepouts and a pop, but otherwise cleaner than everyone so far. This music really suits her joyful ice presence. :yes:

Pretty sure only Amber is left to go.

Edit: nope, Avery Kurtz, who's bombing spectacularly. :sad21:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Popped jumps are a chronic illness at this event. :gaah:

Also, Amber just quite literally face planted on her footwork. Ouch! In my experience, those are the worst falls. :eek:

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just caught Amber, that fall was rough. I do wish she chose something other than "Rhapsody in Blue" (in a blue dress). Her skating looked heavy to me and that is a light joyful piece. I hope she bounces back and and the program improves. I think she is coming back from health issues/injury so I'll give her a break.

So who won? Tessa?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Just caught Amber, that fall was rough. I do wish she chose something other than "Rhapsody in Blue" (in a blue dress). Her skating looked heavy to me and that is a light joyful piece. I hope she bounces back and and the program improves. I think she is coming back from health issues/injury so I'll give her a break.

So who won? Tessa?

I think so. AFAIK, Mariah was second.

temadd

Final Flight
The current skater, whose name I missed, did a gorgeous 3Lz-3T. Anyone know who it might be? She doesn't look at all familiar, so I have no clue.

Edit: Tessa Hong! Smacking myself for not recognizing her. Three pops. :cry: But she did two great 3-3s! She should medal. She's definitely going on my "ones to watch" list :coffee:

Saw her in practice on Monday and she looked fantastic. Landed her 3Lz3t cleanly several times and has nice presence on the ice. I agree, she is one to watch.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
I saw Holly Harris from AUS was at this competition as she trains at the rink . It was posted she was winning - Does anyone have overall results ? Did Brendan Kerry end up skating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brookes1968

Rinkside
I saw Holly Harris from AUS was at this competition as she trains at the rink . It was posted she was winning - Does anyone have overall results ? Did Brendan Kerry end up skating

I think she won her qualifying round not the competition.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using Tapatalk

Skye

On the Ice
Aleksei beats Tomoki not only on the TES but also PCS? Hmmm... wonder what the judges are smoking.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I don't think Brendan has ever done the Broadmoor Open as a competition and the Aerial Challenge was this year open only to US skaters - or rather, this year it was actually advertised as such from the start.

Last edited: