Ponomarenko and Carreira music for 2016-17 | Golden Skate

Ponomarenko and Carreira music for 2016-17

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Does anyone know their new 2016-17 programs? Are there any videos of their new programs posted yet? Will anyone share? Thanks in advance :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Does anyone know their new 2016-17 programs? Are there any videos of their new programs posted yet? Will anyone share? Thanks in advance :)

Ice Dance already updated you on their FD, but I just wanted to point you towards the stickied thread at the top of the forum called "2016-2017 programs by discipline". Moderators edit the program posts on the first page as soon as new music news gets posted, so you'll be able to find the most up-to-date program info for the new season!

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Ice Dance already updated you on their FD, but I just wanted to point you towards the stickied thread at the top of the forum called "2016-2017 programs by discipline". Moderators edit the program posts on the first page as soon as new music news gets posted, so you'll be able to find the most up-to-date program info for the new season!

Thanks! good to know :)

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
They're doing Moonlight Sonata for their FD.

Wow, now that is interesting! Dancing to moonlight sonata?? I wonder what colors they will wear for their costumes to this music :) My husband told me that Beethoven wrote this piece when he was extremely depressed about a girl he loved. He may be wrong, LOL, but I can see anthony and christina interpret this music passionately :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Is Anthony, I think I may have asked this before, the son of Klimova and Pomanrenko who won Olympic gold, silver and bronze - wouldn't it be funny they battle S and B in future years - isn't Bukin the son of Andre for B and B.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Yes and yes.

I like C&P very much, though I think they may not yet have reached "passionately." If they wear a color other than blue, gray, or white for Moonlight Sonata, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But, yes, I can see the music being a step up for them compared to their FD last season. Thus far, I think they've excelled best at the light, humorous programs; but it will be good to see them stretch. Anthony strikes me as quite a different type of performer than Sergei. He stands out in this team. (Though when I first saw him skate, he was with Sarah Feng--and she was quite the star. Her positions were amazing). Anyway, C&P have been gelling, and with at least one spot open on the U.S. Junior Dance scene, they are primed to fight for a podium position at Nationals. Possibly the one at the top, depending on what McNamara & Carpenter and the Parsons decide (and not discounting Lewis & Bye). Last season, C&P blew their shot at the JGPF in Riga, their first event. They took a fall and missed a twizzle. But they had one of the highest scores on the JGP in Poland. If they clean things up this season, they could factor.

Last edited:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Is Anthony, I think I may have asked this before, the son of Klimova and Pomanrenko who won Olympic gold, silver and bronze - wouldn't it be funny they battle S and B in future years - isn't Bukin the son of Andre for B and B.

Yes, Anthony is the younger son of Klimova/Ponomarenko, and Ivan Bukin is also the second son of Andrei Bukin of Bestemianova/Bukin. Anthony looks so much like his mother, it's uncanny. Ivan doesn't look much like his father, and I find him to be quite handsome.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

I did have the same curiosity too when I noticed the title with Ponomarenko. :) He resembles his mother quite a lot.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Yes and yes.

I like C&P very much, though I think they may not yet have reached "passionately." If they wear a color other than blue, gray, or white for Moonlight Sonata, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But, yes, I can see the music being a step up for them compared to their FD last season. Thus far, I think they've excelled best at the light, humorous programs; but it will be good to see them stretch. Anthony strikes me as quite a different type of performer than Sergei. He stands out in this team. (Though when I first saw him skate, he was with Sarah Feng--and she was quite the star. Her positions were amazing). Anyway, C&P have been gelling, and with at least one spot open on the U.S. Junior Dance scene, they are primed to fight for a podium position at Nationals. Possibly the one at the top, depending on what McNamara & Carpenter and the Parsons decide (and not discounting Lewis & Bye). Last season, C&P blew their shot at the JGPF in Riga, their first event. They took a fall and missed a twizzle. But they had one of the highest scores on the JGP in Poland. If they clean things up this season, they could factor.

I think they have a lot of potential :) I found this on their facebook page!!!
https://www.facebook.com/Christina-Carreira-Anthony-Ponomarenko-453685578137538/

Christina is wearing red (nice), and Anthony in black (not really feeling his outfit, lol). I wonder if this is their FD moonlight sonatoa run through?!?!