Danielle Kahle | Golden Skate

Danielle Kahle

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Danielle Kahle, who turned 15 in April, has risen quickly on the U. S. national scene. After winning the novice ladies title in 2002, she took the bronze in juniors in 2003, then jumped to seniors in 2004, finishing tenth.

More

ouridol

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing!! I loved that article. Dani seems like a girl with lots of big dreams for the future and she seems really talented too. I cant wait to see more of her :)

Vash01

Medalist
I saw her skate in a JGP in 2002 and she had a great LP after a fall in the SP. I thought she looked like a tiny Jeni Meno. I was really forward to seeing her on the senior scene. Last year she was a bit disappointing but it will be interesting to see what she does this year.

Vash

IDLERACER

Medalist
When you see her in person, it's easy to see why alot of people compare her to Tara Lipinski. Her skating isn't nearly as polished, but she's got the exact same body-type. About five feet tall and thin as a rail.

Vash01

Medalist
IDLERACER said:
When you see her in person, it's easy to see why alot of people compare her to Tara Lipinski. Her skating isn't nearly as polished, but she's got the exact same body-type. About five feet tall and thin as a rail.

I think Tara was about 4-9 or 4-10.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
When you see her in person, it's easy to see why alot of people compare her to Tara Lipinski. Her skating isn't nearly as polished, but she's got the exact same body-type. About five feet tall and thin as a rail
She wears the same exact hairstyle (bun with bangs) and similar glitzy costumes with nailpolish and make-up (always odd looking on a little girl, especially ones who look much younger than they are) and IIRC she used the same music cuts as Tara did in her "Sense and Sensability" LP last season.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
berthes ghost said:
... IIRC she used the same music cuts as Tara did in her "Sense and Sensability" LP last season.

They used the same cut from the "Much Ado About Nothing" soundtrack (the overture -- very popular with skaters). Lipinski never used the (short) cut from the "Sense & Sensibility" soundtrack that Kahle used in her FS (for the circular footwork section). I just happen to know and like both soundtracks by Patrick Doyle. :)