Venue in Paris is Accorhotels Arena, Bercy | Golden Skate

Venue in Paris is Accorhotels Arena, Bercy

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
We knew 2016 Trophee de France would be in paris, but I hadn't seen confirmation of the venue until today, when I found it on the ffsg website

ice coverage

Record Breaker
We knew 2016 Trophee de France would be in paris, but I hadn't seen confirmation of the venue until today, when I found it on the ffsg website

The Bercy venue has been listed on the FFSG event page for weeks or even months (don't remember exactly when I first saw it).
I had not realized that it was a matter of uncertainty for anyone.

BTW/FWIW, "Grand Prix de France" is the only name for the comp that I ever have seen on that page.
Never "Trophee de France," which has been the new ISU name.
I am among those trying to break the habit of thinking of it as TEB, but it is not helpful, IMO, that FFSG and the ISU are not using consistent terminology.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Fédération Française des Sports de Glace just posted an update on the Facebook page, saying the tickets will go on sale in a couple of days.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Fédération Française des Sports de Glace just posted an update on the Facebook page, saying the tickets will go on sale in a couple of days.

Wow. I wasn't expecting anything to happen for a while yet, given FFSG is now "closed" for a couple of weeks...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yes, it was a surprise to me, too.
Restez connectés durant les vacances......d'ici quelques jours ouverture de la billetterie du Grand Prix de France de patinage à l'Accorhotels Arena !!
C'est le retour à paris !
"Stay connected during the holidays..." is what it starts out with.

Actually, I should *not* have been surprised. Remember Grand Prix Final? IIRC they released those tickets in the very early hours of a Thursday morning, France-time, on a public holiday. :palmf:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Actually, I should *not* have been surprised. Remember Grand Prix Final? IIRC they released those tickets in the very early hours of a Thursday morning, France-time, on a public holiday. :palmf:
LOL

That reminds me, isn't the first day of competition also a public holiday in France? Might have to bear that in mind when considering travel arrangements, shopping for food, etc?

solene1

Rinkside
LOL

That reminds me, isn't the first day of competition also a public holiday in France? Might have to bear that in mind when considering travel arrangements, shopping for food, etc?

Yes, November 11th is bank holiday in France. It should not be a problem for travel arrangements. However, some restaurants and shops will be closed indeed (but not everything, so we should be fine).

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Thanks solene1!

Hm. Only one block of gold seats, one block of cat1, and one block of cat2 seats for now?
But I assume more will be made available? When? Where?

Is the Arena web site above, the only site selling tickets? Or will FranceBillet or Ticketmaster have some blocks to sell as well?

Will seats on the judges' side become available later, like last year in Bordeaux?

Which row is the front? (I suspect it is third row behind the thick black line on the map... because that is currently the first row with available seats, and also - if you add a seat to your basket then scroll over the map that shows your chosen seat position... the first two rows from the black line are greyed out, like the ones that look like they would be inside the ice rink... but from row 3 they are shown as "normal", even ones which were already sold. But who knows?)

Which end is the Kiss & Cry going to be?

They just love to keep us guessing, don't they?! :-D

I see that etickets (print at home) are available, which is good!

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
How can you tell which side the judges' side is, anyway?

I do not see gold tickets for Friday listed at all.

Otherwise, costs seems to be 260 total for gold. 15, 75,75,95.

Not getting the sense I need to decide on this right now at three am, I will have a closer look when I am awake sometime. ;-)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like the Judges' side are sections E and F. Do they even sell tickets on the Judges' side?

Sections K and J is where the Kiss and Cry would be judging from videos/archive post from previous seasons when it was held in Bercy.

And I believe Friday is just one price category.

solene1

Rinkside
Is the Arena web site above, the only site selling tickets? Or will FranceBillet or Ticketmaster have some blocks to sell as well?

They probably just put a few tickets yesterday and will put more today or later, but I don't know on which website.

"Prévente : Jeudi 4 août 2016
Mise en vente : vendredi 5 août 2016"

On a other subject, I'm quite surprised that the seats for Friday are numbered. This is new!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is that row 26? I cannot seem to select anything lower than that.

Row 26 is the closest row to the ice. The row number decreases the further up you go, so row 17 would be further from the ice than row 26, etc.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Row 26 is the closest row to the ice. The row number decreases the further up you go, so row 17 would be further from the ice than row 26, etc.
Yes, but why the heck aren't we allowed to select seats "lower" (high numbered) than row 26? If they're supposed to be Gold seats, I would expect to be lower to the ice. That is, assuming those rows even 'exist' in the actual figure skating arena.