Toughest and easiest events this year | Golden Skate

Toughest and easiest events this year

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, what do you think are the toughest and easiest events this year?

Toughest GP
Men's event: Maybe CoC. Men's events seems to be pretty evenly tough.
Unluckiest skater: None

Ladies' event: Trophée de France.
Unluckiest skater: Maybe Gold and Asada. They have the same events, Skate America and Trophée de France.

Pairs' event: CoR.
Unluckiest pair: None.

Ice Dancing event: Skate Canada.
Unluckiest team: Cappellini/Lanotte seem to have pretty tough events.

Easiest GP
Men's event: Maybe Trophée de France.
Luckiest skater: None.

Ladies' event: Maybe NHK.
Luckiest skater: Maybe Radionova or Pogorilaya. Their events doesn't seem to be too bad.

Pairs' event: Skate Canada.
Luckiest pair: Maybe Kavaguti/Smirnov, although a lot depends on how the new chinese pairs will do at the CoC.

Ice Dancing event: Trophée de France.
Luckiest team: Maybe Weaver/Poje.

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
So, what do you think are the toughest and easiest events this year?
Easiest GP
Men's event: Maybe CoR.
Luckiest skater: None.

Ladies' event: Maybe NHK.
Luckiest skater: Maybe Radionova or Pogorilaya. Their events doesn't seem to be too bad.

I think the easiest men's event is TEB because other than Fernandez, the rest of the skaters there are either very inconsistent, just come back from injuries or have low scoring potential. I think CoR is tougher than TEB because there are a few skaters who have shown some consistency in the past and have reasonably high scoring potential.

I think the easiest ladies' events are SA and CoR. Other than Gold and Wagner at SA, and Radionova at CoR, the rest of the skaters invited to SA and CoR are all very inconsistent or have low scoring potential even when they are clean.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
I think the easiest men's event is TEB because other than Fernandez, the rest the skaters there are either very inconsistent, just come back from injuries or have low scoring potential. I think CoR is tougher than TEB because there are a few skaters who have shown some consistency in the past and have reasonably high scoring potential.

Must have been some error because CoR wasn't ment to be listed there. Not sure about TEB been the easiest one though.

I think the easiest ladies' events are SA and CoR. Other than Gold and Wagner at SA, and Radionova at CoR, the rest of the skaters invited to SA and CoR are all very inconsistent or have low scoring potential even when they are clean.

Well, others may have written Asada and Lipnitskaya off but I haven't. Time will tell.
Pogorilaya sure have been inconsistent but she is one of the top girls despite of that. CoR isn't a tough event for sure and that is why I think Radionova and Pogorilaya got good events.

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
Well, others may have written Asada and Lipnitskaya off but I haven't. Time will tell.
Pogorilaya sure have been inconsistent but she is one of the top girls despite of that. CoR isn't a tough event for sure and that is why I think Radionova and Pogorilaya got good events.

I'm not writing off anyone. I think every athlete can perform well from time to time. But if they are not judges' favorites or have good reputation, judges don't give the scores they deserve even when they perform well. (The judges are very unfair and corrupt.) Some feds purposely invite inconsistent skaters because they know these skaters can't score high even when they perform well due to their past inconsistent performances. Based on the list of invited skaters, you can see some GPs are arranged for certain skaters to win/medal.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Some feds purposely invite inconsistent skaters because they know these skaters can't score high even when they perform well due to their past inconsistent performances. Based on the list of invited skaters, you can see some GPs are arranged for certain skaters to win/medal.

Of course, this is part of the game in GP world. And not only do they invite inconsistent skaters but sometimes they rather invite let's say not very competitive skater than a competitive skater. The home Feds don't want to have too competitive event because then their own skaters might not do well and the Feds want to have as many skater as possible for the GP final. There are also geopolitics involve when the Feds decide who they will invite.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I'm not writing off anyone. I think every athlete can perform well from time to time. But if they are not judges' favorites or have good reputation, judges don't give the scores they deserve even when they perform well. (The judges are very unfair and corrupt.) Some feds purposely invite inconsistent skaters because they know these skaters can't score high even when they perform well due to their past inconsistent performances. Based on the list of invited skaters, you can see some GPs are arranged for certain skaters to win/medal.

Yes. I'm expecting a major bump in scores for Gold and Wagner at SkAm (really a SCAM) if they skate well. Tricks for treats will come early for them there...

The Finn

Record Breaker
Toughest GP
Men
Based on TOP 2: Rostelecom. Javi scored about 293p and Shoma 285p
Based on TOP 4: Trophée de France. Javi scored 285p and Chen was 4th with a score of 264.80.

Ladies
Based on TOP 2: Skate Canada. Zhenia scored 220p and Osmond 206p.
Based on TOP 4: Trophée de France. Zhenia scored 221p, Masha scored 200p and Daleman was 4th with a score of 192p.

Pairs
Based on TOP 2: Skate Canada. Winner scored 218p and silver medalist scored 202p.
Based on TOP 4: Trophée de France. Winner scored 210p, silver medalist 207p and 4th placement score was 192p.

Ice dance
Based on TOP 2: NHK Trophy. Winner scored 195p and silver medalist 186p.
Based on TOP 4: Skate Canada. Winner scored 189p, silver medalist 188p and 4th placement score was 180p

Weakest GP
Men
Based on TOP 2: Skate Canada by far. Winner scored 266p and silver medalist 263p. Winner of this event would have been only 3rd at all other events except Trophée de France where he would have been only 4th.
Based on TOP 4: Skate Canada by far. 227p was enough for a 4th placement.

Ladies
Based on TOP 2: Skate America by far. Winner scored 196p. The only event which was won with a score less than a 205p.
Based on TOP 4: Skate America by far. 4th placements scores are pretty even among all the events but the overall quality at Skate America was by far the most weakest.

Pairs
Based on TOP 2: Skate America by far. Winner scored 197p. The only event which was won with a score less than a 203p.
Based on TOP 4: Skate America by far. overall quality at Skate America was by far the most weakest.

Ice dance
Based on TOP 2: Skate America by far. Winner scored 185p and the silver medalist scored only 175p.
Based on TOP 4: Skate America by far. Bronze medalist scored 174p and 165p was enough for a 4th placement.

So, overall Trophée de France was the clearly the most toughest GP and Skate America by far the most weakest GP.

Ice Dancing event:
Unluckiest team: Cappellini/Lanotte seem to have pretty tough events.

Indeed they did have by far the two most toughest GP events. They scored twice 180p and yet their placements were 4th and 3rd. And there were two events where silver medalist scored about 175p.

gsyzf

Medalist
Actually, these numbers just show how generous/stingy judges were in certain GPs + how well skated the competition is than how tough/easy certain GP event is.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
on top of that, it is normal that SA and SC would get smaller scores when they are so early in the season and for some skaters, the first outing....
Actually, these numbers just show how generous/stingy judges were in certain GPs + how well skated the competition is than how tough/easy certain GP event is.