Stephen Gogolev | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Stephen Gogolev

fierysky

Rinkside
Guess who's NextGen entry has been updated on the Skate Canada page! https://skatecanada.ca/nextgen/

He is now no. 2 behind Joseph.

Whoo new photograph. :)

Does the listing order matter? I thought it was just random.

I'm sure he'll end up with a Bublé program somewhere down the road. :) Though it'd be cool if he could also skate to Russian music.

Too late. He already did a Bublé Spiderman Ex program, so that particular checkmark has been done. Unless you meant a comp program.

Russian music is a cool idea.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Whoo new photograph. :)

Does the listing order matter? I thought it was just random.

Too late. He already did a Bublé Spiderman Ex program, so that particular checkmark has been done. Unless you meant a comp program.

Russian music is a cool idea.

It's definitely random - or at least not an actual ranking. Look at the ice dance. Not at all the order if they were actually ranking.

Haleth

On the Ice
It's definitely random - or at least not an actual ranking. Look at the ice dance. Not at all the order if they were actually ranking.

I don’t know about the junior Ice dancers but the senior team members don’t seem to be randomly arranged. Chan, Osmand, V/M, and D/R are all listed first for example in their respective categories, for example. I assumed the same held true for the youngsters. For example Joseph’s 4th at JWC and his 6th at Nats means he is now the top junior man?

icetug

Medalist
For example Joseph’s 4th at JWC and his 6th at Nats means he is now the top junior man?
He definitely is. And Stephen, as 10th at Nationals, is the 2nd best. Though why Eric Liu is ahead of Conrad? Guess their photos look better in that order :laugh:

fierysky

Rinkside
I saw this on the Medvedeva thread, but found that the Instagram post below actually had multiple photos. The Taiwanese skater, Anna Ting is apparently there for the summer camp, and she took pics with everyone, including Stephen. It's kinda sweet actually. :)

Sorry, I don't know if it's possible to link the pic specifically, so you'll have to scroll through all the photos. The one with Stephen is the second to last one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkbrqlZFwno/

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Gah, i need to know what JGP's he will skate in! I am personally hoping he gets Ostrava and Vancouver.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Gah, i need to know what JGP's he will skate in! I am personally hoping he gets Ostrava and Vancouver.
How high are his chances for getting Vancouver? If Joseph Phan and Conrad Orzel are there, he probably won't be there, right? :( It's probably the only JGP I can make.

Also, IDK since when, but his Instagram is off private now?

icetug

Medalist
How high are his chances for getting Vancouver? If Joseph Phan and Conrad Orzel are there, he probably won't be there, right?
I'm quite sure Skate Canada won't assign two of their best skaters to one event. Every point counts to the final classification. So believe each of the three will go to different JGP. Since it's the very first Stephen's international season I'd say it's him who get Vancouver, just to make his debut gentle. But maybe it will depend on test skating (the best will go to Vancouver presumably).

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
I'm quite sure Skate Canada won't assign two of their best skaters to one event. Every point counts to the final classification. So believe each of the three will go to different JGP. Since it's the very first Stephen's international season I'd say it's him who get Vancouver, just to make his debut gentle. But maybe it will depend on test skating (the best will go to Vancouver presumably).

Ahh, test skates. Isn't there also a chance they're giving Vancouver to Joseph Phan because of his performance at JWC?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ahh, test skates. Isn't there also a chance they're giving Vancouver to Joseph Phan because of his performance at JWC?
Yeah, there are two different ways I could see the Fed approaching it:

1. As a place to give Gogolev, a promising young talent, a friendly debut.
2. As a place to give Phan, the most accomplished junior man at the moment, a leg up.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Yeah, there are two different ways I could see the Fed approaching it:

1. As a place to give Gogolev, a promising young talent, a friendly debut.
2. As a place to give Phan, the most accomplished junior man at the moment, a leg up.

I have got to know is that your kitty? :)

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Assignments for Stephen are out.

Brastislava and Vancouver.

Skate Canada has split Orzel, Phan, and Gogolev. As they should! :thumbsup:

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Assignments for Stephen are out.

Brastislava and Vancouver.

Skate Canada has split Orzel, Phan, and Gogolev. As they should! :thumbsup:

Nearly what i wanted! I wanted the czech republic and Canada for him but close enough. :)