2016 Thornhill Summer Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Thornhill Summer Skate

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whitley/Graham: 52.51 . Nice job. Much stronger team, very musical, very confident.

Edit: Oh, and I see they have a JGP this year, very good.

Double edit: Hannah's coming back from compartment syndrome and almost a year off... kudos for a successful comeback.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I missed these two, video needed. That score looks healthy.

I feel for these kids a mere junior already susceptible to compartment syndrome. This sport is brutal and beautiful.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Che/Ayer: 41.9. Hm, I have my reservations about the age appropriateness of that first musical selection, but otherwise an okay skate. Bit shaky on the twizzles.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed these two, video needed. That score looks healthy.

I feel for these kids a mere junior already susceptible to compartment syndrome. This sport is brutal and beautiful.

Worth a watch for sure. Hopefully one will be available later. And yeah... it's tough on the body. :/

bramweld

Record Breaker
Che/Ayer: 41.9. Hm, I have my reservations about the age appropriateness of that first musical selection, but otherwise an okay skate. Bit shaky on the twizzles.

- - - Updated - - -

Worth a watch for sure. Hopefully one will be available later. And yeah... it's tough on the body. :/

I was thinking the same thing about that music. Has anyone chosen hip-hop so far?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Broker/Kokoian: 38.63. Slow first half, fun second half. I confess I'm partial to Jailhouse Rock so... ;) I'm a little surprised that there's so many mismatched partnerships where the girl is obviously weaker (this partnership included)--with the dearth of male skaters I'd think they'd get their pick. And I hope that doesn't come across too harsh.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I wonder why they WD;hope they're not injured. I'd have thought they'd be chomping at the bit to show their programs since they've been off the ice for so long. Oh well I guess we'll have to wait till the GP starts.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dozzi/Fawcett: didn't hear, but 8th place, so 36something maybe? Some bobbles, yeah, but an otherwise engaging skate. They looked faster than a lot of the other teams too.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gingrich/Brown: 49.87. Nice skate, solid twizzles (finally a decent set of twizzles). Into 2nd place. Wish I'd seen the first group since they're 3rd now.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Gingrich/Brown: 49.87. Nice skate, solid twizzles (finally a decent set of twizzles). Into 2nd place. Wish I'd seen the first group since they're 3rd now.

She is new to ice dance and this is only his 4th season so I think they did very well. Hope they have a chance for a jpg.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is new to ice dance and this is only his 4th season so I think they did very well. Hope they have a chance for a jpg.

Wow, really, her first season? Doubly nice job, and I'm doubly impressed with the twizzles now too. I hope they stay consistent for their next comps (if this is their first summer comp) and they can get some assignments and gain some experience.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Broker/Kokoian: 38.63. Slow first half, fun second half. I confess I'm partial to Jailhouse Rock so... ;) I'm a little surprised that there's so many mismatched partnerships where the girl is obviously weaker (this partnership included)--with the dearth of male skaters I'd think they'd get their pick. And I hope that doesn't come across too harsh.

There are good girls without partners because so many of the good guys quit and they want someone more competitive. And I hope that wasn't to harsh.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are good girls without partners because so many of the good guys quit and they want someone more competitive. And I hope that wasn't to harsh.

I don't know why it would be harsh, it's the truth. There are plenty of good girls without partners, and it's a shame. I was merely expressing surprise that there seems to be so many guys are in mismatched partnerships.