Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program???

Your favourite Alexei Yagudin program?

• Racing

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Man in the iron mask

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Winter

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Overcome

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Gladiator

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Revolution's Etude

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Nutrocker

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Broken arrow

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Lawrence of Arabia

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Vash01

Medalist
I watched Revolutionary Etude from worlds 2001 again last night and WOW! I had forgotten how great this program is. Among SP's I was thinking that Winter was the best, but RE is really something. Winter has a couple of great footwork sequences, but RE has so much intricate footwork throughout and so much passion, it is incredible. The fact that Yagudin had an injury and had his back to the wall at this point (he skated poorly in the QR) made this even more impressive.

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
His SPs are all so good. Circus, Nutrocker, Revolution Etude, Winter, Racing... his 97/98 SP when he was with Mishin was really good too. I can see why so many people consider Winter and absolute masterpiece and one of the best SP's ever and I agree with whoever posted that it almost started a trend on skating. But personally, I Iike Revolution Etude the most. The opening pose, all that amazing footwork (I much prefer serpentine sequences), Chopin's music...

Vash01

Medalist
shine said:
Very hard to choose between Revolution Etude and Winter! When I watched RE, I didn't believe that Alexei could have topped it with another program, but Winter proved me wrong!
I'm really not a big fan of Man in the Iron Mask, though. When I read that he would be using the music, I really hoped that he'd use the sections that Honda used for his programs, which are incredibly beautiful (and perhaps some of my all time favorite soundtrack music) But Alexei disappointed by skating to the other portions that I consider rather dull.

Shine,

You almost took the words out of my mouth. MITIM is perhaps my least favorite Yagudin LP- or least portions of it. I much prefer Honda's version. Even with mistakes his skate in 99 was wonderful. I did not have a similar experience with Yagudin's although his jumps were awesome.

Vash