• Usova-Platov (Pro)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Katerina understood the character she was portraying on the ice & captured the essence of Carmen better than any other skater. The film "Carmen on Ice" starring Witt, Orser & Boitano is one of my all-time favorite skating shows.

lil lion 816

Rinkside
It was the cheesiest and most "over the top" but I voted for Katarina Witt. :p *That* is the Carmen which pops into my head first over all the other Carmen programs I've seen through the years.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Widow,

I just got the Carment on Ice, and it is different from any other skating show that I have. It is interesting. I enjoyed it. Sometimes it seemed that they were skating in such tight areas. I do think that Ms. Witt is THE Carmen...aside from Maria Callas, of course.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I voted for Evgeni. (Big surprise, I know. ;) ) It's teasing, it's sassy, and the move where he flings his arms out and his head back.....well, it just makes me weak. :love:

Laura :)

shine

Record Breaker
I voted for K&O, though I think the program could have been better than it was. In other words, I think none of these programs really captured the essence of Carmen. Otherwise, Plushenko's flamboyance was indeed very engaging
I saw the clip of Angelika skating to Carmen when she was younger with another partner (Vladmir Leliukh); the program consisted of more up beat sections of the suites, rather than the dramatic, dark sections that she and Oleg skated to in 1998. These are two very different programs, but from a musical standpoint I think I liked the 1988 program better.

Matt

On the Ice
I voted for K/O's Carmen. There is no doubt that Katarina is the definitive Carmen, but that is the first "Carmen" programme that I remember having an effect on me, especially the part at the end where she pulls the blood red scarf out from his shirt (very cool)

Didn't Yags skate to Carmen also? I remember he performed at the 1996 Worlds dressed as a matador, but that's the most I remember

Vash01

Medalist
Matt said:
I voted for K/O's Carmen. There is no doubt that Katarina is the definitive Carmen, but that is the first "Carmen" programme that I remember having an effect on me, especially the part at the end where she pulls the blood red scarf out from his shirt (very cool)

Didn't Yags skate to Carmen also? I remember he performed at the 1996 Worlds dressed as a matador, but that's the most I remember

Yes, Yagudin did skate to Carmen. I think it was at the 1997 worlds. I will have to verify.

The pulling the blood red scarf belonged to K&O's carmen (not Kat's). May be that's what you meant.

mk06gold

Match Penalty
I voted for...

I voted for Michelle Kwan. I think Michelle skated at least once in her career, didn't she.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Kwan's Carmen SP was from the 98-99 season. I think she only skated it 3 times. Some event like "Master of Figure Skating" or something, which you can download., nats which ABC didn't televise, and worlds where she stubled on the Lutz combo and fell on the 2axel. Hence it's not a SP that's talked about much, but it of course has a devote following among Kwan fans. Personally, I don't think that a SP can ever make the dramatic effect that a LP can, making something a skaters "signature piece". JMHO.

Vash01

Medalist
I have it on my tape (I have a BIG collection of skating tapes). I just haven't watched it to find out the exact year. It was just OK, nothing special (by Michelle's standards). Count me in as a Michelle fan too.

I do believe that an SP can make a dramatic effect, and it does not have to be an LP. Examples: Michelle's Rachmaninoff, East of Eden, B&S's Lady Caliph, Swan Lake, Meadowland, Oksana's Black swan, Sasha's Malaguena, Yagudin's Winter, and so on. That could be another thread.

Vash