2016 JGP St Gervais Men SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Men SP

euroskate

Final Flight
Wow just turned in to See this beautiful skate from kevin. What a shame for jump mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thaught the same

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Kevin is my favourite in this field. He's lovely to watch :luv17:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last season, watching the Junior GP Series, I was thinking that there was a good crop of Turkish Ladies skaters coming through.

Now I'm thinking there is a good crop of Turkish Men's skaters coming through too!

matmuh - your country may already be established in Ice Dance thanks to Alisa and Alper, but the future is looking promising in Singles skating too!

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I missed almost all of Tim Huber. Though all I can say about him is his fabulous costume. :slink:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Having watched Davide from Monaco I have just realized that Alexandra is no longer with us. I will miss her ... :cry:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, another promising skater from Canada! At first I just thought he is also a very nice-looking boy but never heard before.
He needs to improve his steps and basics, but enjoyed his skate. Watching juniors is like unexpected pleasures of knowing unknown new skaters with promises.

2018 Canadian Nationals is going to be so fun.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Having watched Davide from Monaco I have just realized that Alexandra is no longer with us. I will miss her ... :cry:

She was one of the ones that I was keeping an eye out for whenever the entry lists were coming out.

She mightn't be the best skater out there, but she is so likable! Great personality and so down to Earth. You wouldn't think she was a Royal.

Plus, through her Dad, she has a connection to Northern Ireland. His title in Ireland is the "Earl Of Armagh". And Armagh is 25 miles from where I live! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Last season, watching the Junior GP Series, I was thinking that there was a good crop of Turkish Ladies skaters coming through.

Now I'm thinking there is a good crop of Turkish Men's skaters coming through too!

matmuh - your country may already be established in Ice Dance thanks to Alisa and Alper, but the future is looking promising in Singles skating too!

CaroLiza_fan

yes! i am very excited about Basar!! he is only 14 but has lovely presentation, jumps werent great today but he has 3-3 and all the triples (aside from 3A)

bluelutz

On the Ice
So far the biggest surprise to me was Tomoki, unfortunately in a negative way.
I did not expect him to be @this low position after SP.
It seems that he will remain in the final group for FP, but it will be awfully tough to medal.
If he can not, no final for him.
Judging with the condition of his jumps today, I can not expect too much, mmmmm.

Mao88

Record Breaker
CURRENT STANDINGS AFTER 20 OF 25

1. Yaroslav PANIOT (UKR) - 68.58
2. Roman SAVOSIN (RUS) - 67.44
3. Kevin AYMOZ (FRA) - 64.74
4. Conrad ORZEL (CAN) - 61.65
5. Tomoki HIWATASHI (USA) - 57.90
6. Luc ECONOMIDES (FRA) - 56.18
7. Ilia SKIRDA (RUS) - 56.07
8. Sondre ODDVOLL BOE (NOR) - 56.06
9. Oleksiy MELNYK (USA) - 54.49
10. Graham NEWBERRY (GBR) - 54.11
11. Artur PANIKHIN (KAZ) - 53.06
12. Adam SIAO HIM FA (FRA) - 49.36
13. Basar OKTAR (TUR) - 48.85
14. Eric LIU (CAN) - 45.02
15. Si Hyeong LEE (KOR) - 41.78
16. Michel TSIBA (NED) - 40.00
17. Tim HUBER (SUI) - 35.86
18. Davide LEWTON BRAIN (MON) - 31.15
19. Calvin PRATAMA (INA) - 18.16
20. Ilyass EL-MARHOUMEM (MAR) - 15.49

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oh my..all jumping passes are botched. Is he injured? He looks painful.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh dear, poor guy...is he hurt? I think he's gone through a big growth spurt and it's affecting his jumps.