2016 Volvo Open Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Volvo Open Cup

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, congratulations to Angelina Kuchvalska, Ivett Toth, and Kailani Crane for medaling here, although it seems nobody watched or cared.

Oh that's harsh, I cared, but it was all at stupid o'clock for me and I just can't do stupid o'clock on work days. :( I am happy for Kailani and all the Australians who did really well here!

Congrats to my angel Nastya with another win :love:
But about seniors: What happened with Alexandrina Degtyareva? She lead (!) after SP, ahead Kuchvalska.
And now she disappeared somewhere :confused:

I'm pretty sure she's not even 15? Maybe this was discovered.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure she's not even 15? Maybe this was discovered.
Oh you mean her age? That's sad if it's true. And not fair. You came to the competition, did your work very good and then your result just canceled. They could just put her result to Juniors (there are two juniors group) But well... :(

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh you mean her age? That's sad if it's true. And not fair. You came to the competition, did your work very good and then your result just canceled. They could just put her result to Juniors (there are two juniors group) But well... :(

They could not, because the requirements are different from Juniors to Seniors. Besides, it is not the fault of the organisers...it is the fault of her team, who presumably deliberately selected "Senior" on the entry form.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Angelina won, nice! :hap10: Congrats to all winners and medalists! I must say it's a little weird to see that Junior winner score is so much higher than Senior one in Ladies...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
They could not, because the requirements are different from Juniors to Seniors. Besides, it is not the fault of the organisers...it is the fault of her team, who presumably deliberately selected "Senior" on the entry form.
Yeah, I agree. :(
I must say it's a little weird to see that Junior winner score is so much higher than Senior one in Ladies...
The Angel just needs more and more practice before JGPF to be in a good and sharp shape. :) But this competition of course not her level, but what she can do...
Also I forgot to congrats another lovely girl with first place Polina Ustinkova from Switzerland! Very good for 13yo child! :clap:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The Angel just needs more and more practice before JGPF to be in a good and sharp shape. :) But this competition of course not her level, but what she can do...

Yeah, I guess it was a good time to send Anastasia to competition, she had a time to improve from her last JGP and will have enough rest and preparation time before JGPF :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

The account is not available???

Too bad, this account has always had videos super fast uploaded :( Not to mention how many invalid links there wil be now...

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I really want to see the top three medalists in junior dance, but can't find any video yet.

EDIT: For those who would be curious about the medalists' name, here is the link.
http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/Volvo31st/ISU/CAT009RS.HTM

Volvo Open Cup 31 st

Junior Ice Dance Result

FPl.NameNationPointsSDFD
1Sofia LITVINOVA / Alexandre BALIKOVRUS129.5511
2Emilia KALEGANOVA / Vladislav POLLKHOVSKYBLR114.9232
3Julia WAGRE / Mathieu COUYRASFRA113.3923
4Adelina ZVEZDOVA / Vladimir ZAITSEVBLR106.6954
5Hanna JAKUCS / Daniel ILLESHUN106.5145
6Guoste DAMULEVICIUTE / Deividas KIZALALTU94.5966
7Sara CAMPANINI / Francesko RIVAITA88.3277
8Eron WESTWOOD / Joy DAVISGBR84.7989
9Clare WHALLEY / Tom WHALLEYGBR82.13118
10Gioia PUCCI / Kevin OJALAEST81.22910
11Jessica PALFREYMAN / Charlton DOHERTYAUS75.721211
12Karina SIDORENKO / Maxim ELENICHBLR75.681012

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Can't help you with those videos but I will mention that the team who won this event just skated at the 5th stage of Russian cup.

SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYNyL1XdZdQ
FD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIPNTnHbzqM

Thanks! As I like the French team, Julia Wagre / Mathieu Couyras who won the bronze at Volvo Cup (I guess they underperformed considering their scores), I was also curious as to the Russian winners, Sofia Litvinova / Alexandre Balikov who seem to come out of nowhere.

EDIT: just added the junior dancers' name.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Thanks! As I like the French team who won the bronze at Volvo Cup (I guess they underperformed considering their scores), I was also curious as to the winners who seem to come out of nowhere.

It is a new team. She is a newbie in ice dancing but he has been an ice dancer for years. They had somewhat decent results at their Russian cup events but they didn't make it to the Russian Junior championships.