Marin will win this competition. | Golden Skate

Marin will win this competition.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I don't know how the line-up will be, but due to jetlag, I don't think any very top of Russian girls will be assigned to the event, so Marin would be a heavy favorite for sure. However, Marin has proven herself as a much better competitor outside of Japan so far.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
but due to jetlag, I don't think any very top of Russian girls will be assigned to the event
hmm I never had jetlag issues myself so a Q
Isnt it easier to travel to compete in Asia than in US for example???

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus

Yes, in fact it is. I remember Tarasova saying during one of the events that for Russians to travel to Asia is easier than for ex., to the USA or Canada.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

But except one event in Japan, all JGP events this season are in Europe, so I didn't even consider the comparison between jetlag to North America and Asia. For European skaters, participating in one of JGP events in Europe would save a lot of time than going to Japan.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I don't think it is that secure though. Alisa beat Marin in the short at JW this year. Marin does not have a back-loaded layout to have extra cushion. As someone pointed out, Marin did not have a good record to skate clean when she competed in Japan. I personally don't like both programs of hers this year as much as last year's. They are pretty generic.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I love Marin as much as anyone, but I think Alisa will be taking this one. #kittypower :p

noidont

Final Flight
Russia and Japan only have five hours of time difference. It doesn't feel much. From US to Asia is quite bad. Takes me a few days to not fall asleep at dinner.