Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Last edited by a moderator:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
It is now less than a month away and no announcement of the competitors yet? (I mean the entire list, not just the Japanese team) The location has been changed from Sesto San Giovanni (section of Milan) to Bergamo some time ago.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No entries, no schedule, nothing! What a great organisation... :sarcasm: Anna Cappellini once said that the competition with worst orgnaization was Italian Nationals, so maybe I shouldn't be suprised. On ice-lab website there is also no info, but entries were due to 5th August, so I hope they will soon publish them.

Last edited:

MGstyle

Medalist
Anna is right, this is so typically Italian!!! Everything like this in Italian life... :tantrum::hpull::curse:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Entries are up now: ISU page

Lots of strong and interesting competitors, looks like it will be a good event...

Last edited:

MGstyle

Medalist
JASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the official announcement? if he is really there so will I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hap57::dance::hap93: I just hope he won't change his mind and withdraw though!!! it happens fairly often with Challenger events!!!:unsure:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Entries! :hap93: Team USA going strong. Especially in Men. Ladies field looks great too, hope Nicole Rajicova and Viveca Lindfors will do well! And Anna Duskova is going to compete? :shocked: Ice Dance will be less interesting, since I think Anna & Luca will win easily unless they make a huge mistake(s). In Pairs it will be interesting to see which Italian Pair will do better.

Last edited:

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Team Korea

<Men>
Jin Seo KIM
Jaeseok KYEONG

<Ladies>
Na Hyun KIM
Se Bin PARK
So Youn PARK
Hee Soo CHO (S)
Hae Jin KIM (S)
Yena KWON (S)

<Pairs>
Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS

MGstyle

Medalist
All italian fans I know are panicking (myself included) because there is no information of tickets, IF they are going to issue tickets or whatsoever. According to those who have been present in LT in previous years in Sesto Sangiovanni, they never even issued tickets, anyone could just walk in as they pleased. But now this year they use a new venue, it is possible that things will change. No tickets can actually be a curse, because the seating is EXTREMELY limited, the venue looks more like a practice rink, so IF there is a large influx of Japanese fans descending on Bergamo (there is Shoma Uno in the line-up, and Jason is also very much loved), all the local fans can be easily in danger of being bumped out!!! :jaw: I am hoping that it wouldn't be the case, because I suppose they would focus more on larger competitions like GP and Worlds, plus they have enough opportunity to see Shoma in their own country, Jason was just in Japan with the ICE and going back soon enough for NHK, they may skip such a marginal event. Even if the entrance is free I still have to arrange for travel and accomodation, I can't just show up and hope for the best!!!! :palmf::tantrum:

BTW this is what the inside of the rink looks like!!!!

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
All italian fans I know are panicking (myself included) because there is no information of tickets, IF they are going to issue tickets or whatsoever. According to those who have been present in LT in previous years in Sesto Sangiovanni, they never even issued tickets, anyone could just walk in as they pleased. But now this year they use a new venue, it is possible that things will change. No tickets can actually be a curse, because the seating is EXTREMELY limited, the venue looks more like a practice rink, so IF there is a large influx of Japanese fans descending on Bergamo (there is Shoma Uno in the line-up, and Jason is also very much loved), all the local fans can be easily in danger of being bumped out!!! :jaw: I am hoping that it wouldn't be the case, because I suppose they would focus more on larger competitions like GP and Worlds, plus they have enough opportunity to see Shoma in their own country, Jason was just in Japan with the ICE and going back soon enough for NHK, they may skip such a marginal event. Even if the entrance is free I still have to arrange for travel and accomodation, I can't just show up and hope for the best!!!! :palmf::tantrum:

BTW this is what the inside of the rink looks like!!!!

E bellissimo!

And I hope you get a ticket.

By the way, I know there's been a live stream in past years, but I couldn't find a web site for LT. Do you know anything about it?

MGstyle

Medalist
Thanks for the well wish, I sure need it!!!!!! But yes, if I DO indeed manage to get in it will be wonderful, such an intimate atmosphere. The rink is brand new and it does show in the pic, doesn't it. I have no idea about streaming, but many of my american friends are interested because of three of their high profile skaters will be attending. I hope they will dig out some source!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope there will be streaming too. Otherwise I will be convinced that Max is orchestrating some big conspiracy to make sure I don't get to see The Lion King until he sets foot on the ice at the GP :no: ;)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hope there will be streaming too. Otherwise I will be convinced that Max is orchestrating some big conspiracy to make sure I don't get to see The Lion King until he sets foot on the ice at the GP :no: ;)

There will be for sure. I think it will be Idealweb like always, so we will also get videos later. Italians stream their events fortunately and also for free! it's still early for them to announce it though! :laugh:

kalle

On the Ice
Does anybody have any idea when the ladies FP will take place? I live in Nice and could take the train up to Milan if the LP were on a Saturday :agree2:

Wakaba and Mirai, what a treat !

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anybody have any idea when the ladies FP will take place? ...

See the ISU event page for a link to the Announcement, which has a *tentative* schedule on page 10:

Excerpts:

Wednesday, September 7, 2016
All day Arrival of teams​

Thursday, September 8, 2016
All day Official practice​

Friday, September 9, 2016
10:30
LADIES – Short Program
PAIRS – Short Program
MEN – Short Program​

Saturday, September 10, 2016
10:30
ICE DANCE – Short Dance
PAIRS – Free Skating
LADIES – Free Skating​
TBA
Victory Ceremonies PAIRS and LADIES​

Sunday September 11, 2016
10:00
MEN – Free Skating
ICE DANCE – Free Dance​
19:30
Victory Ceremonies MEN and ICE DANCE​

Please note: This schedule is subject to changes and will be updated in accordance with the final number of entries

Nirti

Medalist
Senior entries : http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051782.htm

Probably a fight between Uno, Aaron, Brown and Hochstein for the men's podium. Who is Jaeseok Kyeong, listed for Korea? Never heard about him...
The ladies competition is more open, many interesting names. And the come back of french skater Léa Serna.
Della Monica/Guarise and Marchei/Hotarek in pairs. 1st international comp for the new corean pair Ji/Leftheris and for the new italian pair Ghilardi/Ambrosini.
In ice dance, probably a podium 1. Cappellini/Lanotte, 2. Guignard/Fabbri, 3. Biechler/Dodge. Comeback of the bulgarian pair Zdravkova/Davis and begin of a new polish team Plutowska/Flemin (he's a french skater who has a new partner quite each year, the last was for Switzerland).

Men
1 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN 1
2 Kevin AYMOZ FRA 2
3 Simon HOCQUAUX FRA 2
4 Alexander BJELDE GER 3
5 Franz STREUBEL GER 3
6 Graham NEWBERRY GBR 4
7 Lap Kan YUEN HKG 5
8 Conor STAKELUM IRL 6
9 Simone CERVI ITA 7
10 Alessandro FADINI ITA 7
11 Matteo RIZZO ITA 7
12 Shoma UNO JPN 8
13 Jin Seo KIM KOR 9
14 Jaeseok KYEONG KOR 9
15 Ondrej SPIEGL SWE 10
16 Stephane WALKER SUI 11
17 Max AARON USA 12
18 Jason BROWN USA 12
19 Grant HOCHSTEIN USA 12
Timothy DOLENSKY USA 12 S
Alexander JOHNSON USA 12 S

Ladies
1 Anna DUSKOVA CZE 1
2 Helery HÄLVIN EST 2
3 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 2
4 Liubov EFIMENKO FIN 3
5 Viveca LINDFORS FIN 3
6 Lea SERNA FRA 4
7 Lutricia BOCK GER 5
8 Nicole SCHOTT GER 5
9 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 5
10 Kristen SPOURS GBR 6
11 Fruzsina MEDGYESI HUN 7
12 Sara CASELLA ITA 8
13 Micol CRISTINI ITA 8
14 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA 8
15 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN 9
16 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN 9
17 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 10
18 Na Hyun KIM KOR 11
19 Se Bin PARK KOR 11
20 So Youn PARK KOR 11
Hee Soo CHO KOR 11 S
Hae Jin KIM KOR 11 S
Yena KWON KOR 11 S
21 Antonina DUBININA SRB 12
22 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK 13
23 Dasa GRM SLO 14
24 Tanja ODERMATT SUI 15
25 Mirai NAGASU USA 16
Franchesca CHIERA USA 16 S
Amber GLENN USA 16 S
Angela WANG USA 16 S

Pairs
1 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 1
2 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA 1
3 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 1
4 Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEV LTU 2
5 Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS KOR 3
6 Marcelina LECH / Aritz MAESTU ESP 4
7 Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN USA 5

Dance
1 Mina ZDRAVKOVA / Christopher M. DAVIS BUL 1
2 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 2
3 Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 3
4 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 4
5 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 4
6 Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI ITA 4
7 Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Jeremie FLEMIN POL 5
8 Julia BIECHLER / Damian DODGE USA 6

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... By the way, I know there's been a live stream in past years, but I couldn't find a web site for LT. Do you know anything about it?

Good news: 2016 Lombardia live streaming has been confirmed by Idealweb.tv.

(And 2016 Lombardia now is listed on the home page of the Idealweb.tv site.)

BTW, the link to the FISG page for 2016 Lombardia, in case it becomes useful later (not so yet):

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland