Michael Phelps | Golden Skate

Michael Phelps

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think he is an outstanding sportsman and swimmer, but am a little fed up with people calling him the greatest Olympian of all time (seen it on various websites in the past week).
I don't know how many medals any one person can theoretically win at one Olympics in the swimming pool, but I do know it is a lot more than with sports like soccer, hockey and so on. Even with equestrian, a show jumper can only win a max of two medals (one with the team, one individual).
Comparing people based on the amount of medals won is so unfair. :mad:
He may well be the greatest Olympic swimmer of all time, though. Good job.

dreamsk8

On the Ice
Michael Phelps is undeniably a great swimmer :cheer2:
But I'm getting a little tried of seeing him, the swimming coverage is like 90% Michael Phelps and 10% everyone else. The camera gets so close to him it make me uncomfortable, I mean you don't have to show the man's head as he is swimming so close you can see up his nose :eek::

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
4 fingers now :rock:

But I'm getting a little tried of seeing him, the swimming coverage is like 90% Michael Phelps and 10% everyone else. The camera gets so close to him it make me uncomfortable, I mean you don't have to show the man's head as he is swimming so close you can see up his nose :eek::

That's not his fault though. What I understand he is not giving interviews or playing super star when he's out of the pool. Just focusing on his swims. He answered one question from a proud Swedish TV journalist :laugh:

Amei

Record Breaker
I think he is an outstanding sportsman and swimmer, but am a little fed up with people calling him the greatest Olympian of all time (seen it on various websites in the past week).
I don't know how many medals any one person can theoretically win at one Olympics in the swimming pool, but I do know it is a lot more than with sports like soccer, hockey and so on. Even with equestrian, a show jumper can only win a max of two medals (one with the team, one individual).
Comparing people based on the amount of medals won is so unfair. :mad:
He may well be the greatest Olympic swimmer of all time, though. Good job.

I would consider him the greatest, while I don't closely follow Olympic sports much outside of figure skating, he's been the dominant swimmer for the last 4 Olympic cycles. And this Olympics he broke a 2000 year old Olympic record.

You will appreciate this little gem of humor: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cpqlv6iVUAAOAVn.jpg

gmyers

Record Breaker
I'm sick of hearing it's his final Olympics. That's total nonsense. The millions and millions of dollars he will get to go to Tokyo makes it obvious he will be there and he will go for 30