JGP Cup of Mordovia entries | Golden Skate

JGP Cup of Mordovia entries

The Finn

Record Breaker
Only 3 Russian pairs, I am disappointed. They should have included a minimum of 4 pairs.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Nugumanova, Konstantinova and Lozko, AND Yuna Shiraiwa! YeeeeaaAAAAAAHHHHH!!! :yahoo: :dance2: :dance3:

(Still no Tsurskaya, Fedichkina or Le, though...that's odd.)

The Finn

Record Breaker
As expected no Duskova/Bidar or Oganesian/Bardei. Russia really should have put Ustimkina/Volodin here because now it will be rather difficult for them to make it to the final. The last two events will be pretty high quality events.

Ostrava, CZE
Duskova/Bidar
Atakhanova/Spiridonov

Saransk, RUS
Mishina/Mirzoev
Borisova/Sopot

Tallinn, EST
Mishina/Mirzoev
Atakhanova/Spiridonov
Oganesian/Bardei
Ustimkina/Volodin

Dresden, GER
Duskova/Bidar
Borisova/Sopot
Oganesian/Bardei
Ustimkina/Volodin

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Only 3 Russian pairs, I am disappointed. They should have included a minimum of 4 pairs.

? Aren't 3 pairs in mixed disciplines or 3 skaters in singles the maximum number per any JGP event except substitutes?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
In pairs host country has no maximum. They can name ten pairs if they want.

You mean in theory, the JGP held in the U.S. can let 10 young ice dancers compete likewise? Wow...what a great advantage for the host countries.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
U.S has only one entry in ice dance. What's up with that?

Looking at all the Ice Dance lists from all 4 events so far, there's only 6 different US teams listed event considering substitutes.

Carreira/Ponomarenko (Assigned to France/Russia)
Gropman/Somerville (assigned to France)
Lewis/Bye (assigned to Czech Republic)
McNamara/Carpenter (assigned to Czech Republic)
Gunter/Wein (assigned to Japan)
Parsons/Parsons (assigned to Japan)

That's 12 spots total out of 14 possible spots allotted based on JW placements. The only other Ice Dance team in the US ISP that is Junior age eligible is Pogrebinsky/Benoit, who are competing Senior.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Only in pairs.

Interesting. If possible, would you direct me a link for further information on the policy? I'm curious to know why only pairs has such the advantage as the discipline has the least competitors among all combined disciplines.

EDIT: You beat me to it already! Thanks for the link. I guess the policy is supposed to encourage aspiring young pair skaters as the discipline is practically the least popular (reluctantly but a truth) and the most riskiest discipline.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That's fourth JGP and still no Vivian Le :( And as Finn noticed, only one entry in Ice Dance from USA. USFSA is weird.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
That's fourth JGP and still no Vivian Le :( And as Finn noticed, only one entry in Ice Dance from USA. USFSA is weird.

Not sure why no Vivian, but there's a reason for the one Ice Dance entry. THere's only 6 age-eligible dance teams in the ISP that are competing Junior this season.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
U.S has only one entry in ice dance. What's up with that?

The two junior teams that were being primed to take the open dance spots on the JGP are off the table. The Beckers were removed from the ISP, which implies that they have split, though as far as I know, no confirmation or word on whether either intends to continue. Grosul & Colluci dissolved (she decided not to continue). Last I heard he was listed, but did not yet have a new partner.

Efimova & Macmillan, who defeated G&C at Nationals after a very messy FD from G&C there, also split. She is now skating with Petrov.

Those three junior dance teams were really a notch above all the lower junior teams at U.S. Nationals. Anyone else had to know they were going to be passed by the top novices moving up.

The next team was Martin & Takai. He retired & she went to Canada. And the two remaining Junior teams from U.S. Nationals split, with members repartnering.

The Greens and Gunter & Wein are the top two U.S. novice teams from last season. Both appear to be moving up on the National scene, but the Greens are too young to compete on the JGP. And the Elders--the third novice team from last season--are remaining novices and likely hope to take a crack at the novice title.

The U.S. has five new open spots not taken by teams on the JGP last season. Gropman & Somerville will take a second event and Gunter & Wein will get two spots. The U.S. would likely be looking at filling the remaining two spots with a brand new team if they filled the openings. I was assuming they would, but it looks like they won't. There are more U.S. junior teams competing this summer:

Addas & Valdez
Efimova & Petrov
Erdman & Shchepetov
Klopstock & Schedl

All brand new teams with at least one member who competed at last year's junior nationals.

And also:
Avas & Katsman (I'm not familiar with either of these two. Maybe new as well?)

Several of these teams split placements at the Dance Chicago competition this weekend. Erdman & Schepetov won the junior FD with a 60.52. Avas & Katsman won the junior SD with a 42.08. Efimova & Petrov placed in between those two teams in both portions of the event.

Last edited:

mom2cavs

Rinkside
The Beckers have not broken up. Cameron Colluci has a new partner. They are with Igor. Avas and Katzman are new at DSC. She is from Russia. She competed with Ross Gudis for one event before he quit skating. As far as I know that was the last she competed. Val competed with Heidi Washburn last year. I don't believe they qualified for nationals.