2016 JGP St Gervais Ice Dance SD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Ice Dance SD

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
As soon as I saw their costumes, I knew I was going to like the extraordinary program. :) Their program is like the Kerr sibling's vibe. I expected more avant-garde music, but they use a light pop song.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
M/S' dance feels like someone took two separate dances and squashed them together. :slink:

(They were pretty engaging, though.)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Got home just in time for the ice resurfacing to begin. :rolleye: So the pair with the, uhm, interesting costumes was my introduction to this season's ice dance themes. I must admit I was a bit freaked out, worried that this kind of music and these costumes were gonna be the standard this season.
Fortunately, turns out it's also fun music like with this swing-y pair. :yahoo:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Is the Sarah Fear here the one who was part of Fear/Payne or is she someone else? :scratch:

K/S also had incongruity problems, although I did like them.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Nicole KUZMICH / Alexandr SINICYN's program is so lovely. I like their costumes. The first twizzle was pretty wild, but the rest was good.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, PB by 6 points higher than their previous one. Congratulations!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Really like this couple from Russia, great costumes, she in particular is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous dress.
The program was boring though, until the last part. Cool lift!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, can you believe she is only 14? The maturity is so unreal. If someone says she is a sister of Elena I. I could totally believe it. :biggrin:
The program is well organized.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I liked it. Not my favorite music but the choreography was very good and matched the music. Plus, to me, their movements were sharp and I saw no visible error.

Yes, but visible stumbles are not the only errors in ice dance. He scrapped a couple of turns here and there, I wouldn't count them their first KP in first section of Blues pattern (I don't think he holded outside edge for necessary amount of time, I will rewatch it in slomo later), their twizzles were out of sync for 2 twizzles out of three (by half rotation) and at least three steps in their NtStSq should be checked for clean edges (his first choctaw and her counter, her bracket was not good for sure). But then again, I'm not judge but it's my opinion. I just expected lower score, probably on par with their PB. Honestly, their SD at JWC last season deserved higher score.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wow, can you believe she is only 14? The maturity is so unreal. If someone says she is a sister of Elena I. I could totally believe it. :biggrin:
The program is well organized.
You're right she's only 14! :shocked: It wasn't their best score though.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm so looking forward to another French team, Natacha LAGOUGE / Corentin RAHIER in this group. This is their debut to JGP.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Ponomarenko's hairstyle. It's kinda... retro'ish :)

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I liked C/P. :cheer:

(Should I just accept that 90% of the dances here are going to be really incongruous, though? And are there any other teams where the female partner is the older one?)

TMC

Record Breaker
I refuse to believe that Anthony Ponomarenko is 15 years of age. He's 25 if he's a day!! :laugh:

In all seriousness, super programme from them :)