2016 JGP St Gervais Ice Dance SD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Ice Dance SD

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Ponomarenko missed his blade on first twizzle, they should lose a level there. But should be very close to French team. Nice improvement from last season.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yes, but visible stumbles are not the only errors in ice dance. He scrapped a couple of turns here and there, I wouldn't count them their first KP in first section of Blues pattern (I don't think he holded outside edge for necessary amount of time, I will rewatch it in slomo later), their twizzles were out of sync for 2 twizzles out of three (by half rotation) and at least three steps in their NtStSq should be checked for clean edges (his first choctaw and her counter, her bracket was not good for sure). But then again, I'm not judge but it's my opinion. I just expected lower score, probably on par with their PB. Honestly, their SD at JWC last season deserved higher score.

I definitely do not have this much knowledge in ice dance, thanks for your explanation :) Their score does seems high now compared to what the couple from USA just got

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Anthony is really talented. I loved watching their routine. Christina seems really improved from last season.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Anthony is really talented. I loved watching their routine. Christina seems really improved from last season.

IMO, they both improved GREATLY. Will be very tough to beat them in a couple of seasons. I already like them more than McNamara :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Natacha LAGOUGE / Corentin RAHIER were great for a debut! :luv17: And I liked their costumes :p

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Why? I think L/R's costumes are very cute and very French style. :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Well done, the new Dutch team. Glad to see Olivier in the KnC again. :)

catchie

On the Ice
Anybody else found the choreography of Carreira/Ponomarenko and Abachkina/Thauron dances TOTALLY similar?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

i JUST logged in and it is over...

The event was satisfying. Video clips are being uploaded from the ISU channel and if you intend to watch the ladies' FS, well you have about a half hour to watch.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
The event was satisfying. Video clips are being uploaded from the ISU channel and if you intend to watch the ladies' FS, well you have about a half hour to watch.

Actually, I was intending to check out some junior ice dance.:biggrin: So the ladies FS is starting in 30min. excited! I guess I can watch a live competition now.
I think I need to learn more about ice dance:biggrin:

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Ponomarenko missed his blade on first twizzle, they should lose a level there. But should be very close to French team. Nice improvement from last season.

So tech panel forgave his mistake on twizzles :) He clearly caught the blade after a half rotation.

Protocols are up: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpfra2016/jgpfra2016_JuniorIceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

A lot of timing issues on patterns this time. And a lot of counted KPs. It seems to me tech panel wasn't very strict this time.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's fun to look which judge gave the notes. American one definitely didn't liked East Europeans couples... I don't think it's just accident. He was giving both low PCS and GOE. :frown:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Is the Sarah Fear here the one who was part of Fear/Payne or is she someone else? :scratch:

K/S also had incongruity problems, although I did like them.

Sasha Fear (of Fear/Osman, skating at this event) is Lilah Fear (of Fear/Payne)'s younger sister.