Tara and Johnny in Rio | Golden Skate

Tara and Johnny in Rio

dreamsk8

On the Ice
Did anyone follow Tara and Johnny in Rio and what did you think? I loved then I think they are great fun!! :luv17:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
they were in Rio?!?

I've been follow CBC's Olympics coverage for the whole time so may be that's why I didn't know

dreamsk8

On the Ice
Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are officially in Rio as "cultural correspondents" for NBC's coverage of the Summer Games
They announced Olympic Women's golf, they learned how to fence, they also covered track (the treadmill) and the balance beam(Which was about two times the width of a real balance beam) and so much more!!
Such fun :laugh:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Poor golf. Being the only sport with commentary by Tara and Johnny put them firmly into the "not a real sport" zone. The ladies golfers deserve better!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure why so many people throw shade at these two. Especially when I consider how frequently I see TSL defended to the death. :rolleye: I think they do a good job and everytime they are invited to do other sports they are planting little seeds that make people think about figure skating who may not otherwise do so just by being there. My favorite part about them is they are usually just having fun.

I missed most of their coverage though but I saw quite a few 30 second segments where Tara told about different places in Rio.