SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23

11:30 a.m. – Men’s Free Skate

1:45 p.m. – Free Dance

3:15 p.m. – Award Ceremony for Men and Dance

6:30 p.m. – Skating Spectacular

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I do like the fact they spread this event over three days....More practice time and a much more leasurely experience for the watcher.....
If they had this event somewhere closer to me, like Colorado Springs, I would be all over this like stink on a monkey.....
Not 29 miles from where I spent the first 18 years of my life.....

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The U.S. television schedule for Skate America coverage is included at:
*Subject to change*
*Check your local listings*
(all times are ET)

The schedule as of now:

Friday
10/21/201611:00 PM12:00 AMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Ladies' Short
Saturday
10/22/2016 4:30 PM 6:00 PMNBCISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Ladies' Free
10/22/2016 11:30 PM 12:30 AMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Men's Short
10/22/2016 12:30 AM 1:30 AMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Pairs Free
Sunday
10/23/2016 12:30 PM 2:30 PMNBCISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Men's Free
10/23/2016 9:00 PM 10:00 PMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Free Dance
Monday
10/24/2016 8:00 PM 9:00 PMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Ladies' Free (Re-air)
10/24/2016 9:30 PM 11:30 PMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Men's Free (Re-air)

[Keep scrolling down at the same link, http://www.nbcsports.com/olympic-sports-schedule, for all GP/GPF coverage -- on a combination of NBC broadcast television + UniHD + NBCSN (cable) + NBC streaming.]

ETA
(on Oct 12):

USFS now has published the full-season schedule for NBC Sports Group coverage of not only GPs/GPF, but also U.S. Nats and ISU Championships (Euros, Four Continents, Worlds).
http://www.usfigureskating.org/story?id=90041&type=media (Oct 12)

NBC broadcast television coverage of the Ladies' FS and Men's FS is live.

Skate America streaming schedule for those with IceNetwork subscriptions:

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Speaking of television schedules, is there anybody who can make sense of the new Eurosport website? I've tried to find the 14 (?)-days schedules, to see if they're even going to bother showing the GPs this year, starting with Skate America, but it seems to have vanished. All I can get is up to one week. I'm positive it used to be much more extensive than that. :sad21:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Speaking of television schedules, is there anybody who can make sense of the new Eurosport website? I've tried to find the 14 (?)-days schedules, to see if they're even going to bother showing the GPs this year, starting with Skate America, but it seems to have vanished. All I can get is up to one week. I'm positive it used to be much more extensive than that. :sad21:

It is completely useless!!! :hpull: :bang:

They are now using the same layout for the schedules that has been used on the Eurosport Player website for as long as I have been subscribed (a year). And I always hated it, as the horizontal listings are not as easy to read as the old vertical listings.

And it only shows you listings for today and the next 7 days. The old schedule page showed you the listings for the previous 7 days, and the next 14 days.

Mind you, that's not as bad as the schedule page on Eurosport Player - it only gives you today and the next 3 days! :drama: (On the plus side, the Player's schedule page does give you the listings for the additional streams available on these days. Although, the listings are not always accurate...)

And you can no longer search the listings. Well, you can if you go to the schedule page on the Eurosport Player site, but you can't on the normal schedule pages.

Oh, and it doesn't matter what site you go to, or what language the page you are viewing it on is in. The listings are ALWAYS for your local Eurosport.

The new schedule page was originally introduced a few months ago on the ESP France, ESP Deutschland, and British ESP sites. The other regions continued with the old schedule page. So, I was able to continue keeping an eye on ESP Nederland's schedule for things like the Ski Jumping Summer Grand Prix (which is shown LIVE on the continent but not on British ESP).

But a few weeks ago, the other versions of Eurosport adopted the new schedule page. So, I am completely lost now. :confused:

Consequently, I am afraid that I will not be able to do all the different regional listings for the skating that I used to do. :disapp:

Sorry to be letting you all down. But, it is out of my hands.

You can blame Eurosport's new look website! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
They have listed Cross Country, Biathlon, Ski Alpin, Ski Jumping and Ski Nordic. No words about Figure Skating :(

What I found out, but please, it´s unofficial and should be taken with care,

Ladies FS is broadcasted, Mens FS and SP as well and Free Dance. The others are just small replays, most likely just one group. No Exhibition broadcast is planned for Eurosport, but a replay on Monday.

As for Skate Canada,

Ladies and Pairs both programs, nothing else live.

No information about any other GP as of yet, but I expect a bigger coverage from Rostelecom, as it´s during the day, but then very unlikely in the player, but just ES 1 and ES 2.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thanks Alex D for info :thank: I'll keep fingers crossed for Rai Sport having more coverage.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They have listed Cross Country, Biathlon, Ski Alpin, Ski Jumping and Ski Nordic. No words about Figure Skating :(

What I found out, but please, it´s unofficial and should be taken with care,

Ladies FS is broadcasted, Mens FS and SP as well and Free Dance. The others are just small replays, most likely just one group. No Exhibition broadcast is planned for Eurosport, but a replay on Monday.

As for Skate Canada,

No information about any other GP as of yet, but I expect a bigger coverage from Rostelecom, as it´s during the day, but then very unlikely in the player, but just ES 1 and ES 2.

Thank you so much for the info, Alex D. It may not be set in concrete, but any information is welcome! After all, we have not yet been able to gleam any info from Eurosport themselves!

As for the Player, I wouldn't rule out them showing the full coverage of the GP Series on there. Because in the short 12 months that I have been subscribing, the amount of stuff that is shown in it's entirety on the Player has increased massively. And that includes sports that never make it onto the TV channels.

So, you never know. They might give us a pleasant surprise.

However, the downside with the Eurosport Player is that it is very temperamental. Especially if you are playing catch-up after pausing it or re-winding it. The number of times I have lost what I have been watching... :mad:

But, that is something for another conversation.

Thank you again for letting us know what you have been able to find out.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker

As for Skate Canada,

Those competitions they apparently do air live all make perfect sense based on the fact that those eight competitions are in European evening-time. The other eight, plus the galas, start later.
So alas, no Skate Canada men's events live. :disagree:
Eurosport never air figure skating live during the night. Unfortunately. I really, really wish Skate Canada would stick with the same sort of schedule as Skate America, i.e. during the north American afternoon instead of evening.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
What do you make of this time table? Schedule for all Eurosport countries? Central European times? Does ’Final’ mean the Free Skate? Weird to call pairs and dance ’mixed’.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What do you make of this time table? Schedule for all Eurosport countries? Central European times? Does ’Final’ mean the Free Skate? Weird to call pairs and dance ’mixed’.
Wow! I don't even know how you found that! edit: oh, there's a search function in the right corner, hehe, I never even noticed that!
I doubt it is an airing schedule, however. It's probably "just" a very basic schedule for the competitions themselves, and yeah, looks like pairs and dance are "mixed". :biggrin:
Not 100 % sure about the time, but CET sounds right to me (I know Paris starts at 15:30 with Pairs, at least last I checked, and that's what Eurosport also lists).
"Final" doesn't mean "Free skate". At least not for Skate Canada, Men, because at that time and day they have their SP, not their FS. Just Eurosport being weird, I guess.
btw, wow, that website is WEIRD! I clicked on World Championships, and I get info about Medvedeva winning, and then to the right, it lists recent news... but looks like it's based on the day and month instead of year, so it gives me news about Arakawa winning gold, Michelle Kwan, Plushenko... :shocked: :laugh:

whoops, getting way off-topic here, mea culpa.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yes, wouldn't that be something?! Let's be optimistic! :-D
Some of my optimism just faded when I saw this:
http://www.eurosport.nl/kunstrijden/rostelecom-cup-rusland-paren-vrije-kur_sto5908756/story.shtml
Eurosport Holland has decided to post news about Rostelecom Cup (and specifically the pairs free competition).
Definitely sounds like we can forget about much coverage for Skate America (and Skate Canada).
As already pointed out, Rosetelecom Cup is during European day-time, so it would make sense for them to focus on it, but still... :disagree:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Some of my optimism just faded when I saw this:
...ah, but my opimism increased when I looked at British Eurosport TV schedule just now, and saw live coverage of Skate Amercia listed, continuing throught the night (!)...

Figure Skating
Skate America
Singles - Men 19:05
Singles - Women 01:05
Pairs - Mixed 03:00

Then again I might be confusing what is actually scheduled to be shown... I'm having a hard time making sense of the new site. I may have been looking at the "results" pages rather than schedules o_O

And even if it is to be shown, it may be a similar bait-and-switch scam to the one last year, where it looked like Eurosport Player coverage was going to be excellent... showing complete live coverage... all the skaters, warmups etc that didn't get shown on the broadcast channels... on a separate Player channel so it couldn't be "snookered"... thereby tempting people to take the annual subscription. But the extra coverage dried up after a couple of events or so, and then there was nothing on the Player that wasn't on the broadcast channels. BAH.

Oh dear, suddenly not so optimistic after all... ;-D

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Then again I might be confusing what is actually scheduled to be shown... I'm having a hard time making sense of the new site.
Honestly, I cannot make any sense of it at all anymore.
If I go to http://www.eurosport.nl/ and then Programmering, I get a seven-day view. And it only goes up to 11 pm on Friday for now, so that still doesn't tell me anything about Skate America (the earlier competitions shouldn't start until 1 or 2 am Saturday morning Dutch time, I think). <--- and those probably won't get aired live because it's night.

But if I go to the British website or international website, I can only seem to find listings up to next Monday (?!).

I think what you looked at is a results page or something similar.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Dutch Eurosport 2 is showing a block from around 7 pm to midnight on Saturday evening, with recaps of the Ladies and Pairs SP and live Men's SP and Ladies FS.
Could be worse... (And it will, sigh, I am sure.)

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I checked the schedules for Russian Eurosport 2 (no coverage on Eurosport 1). Saturday, Moscow time (starting with 20:15 as listed right now): Pairs SP and Ladies SP recap, Men's SP live, Ladies LP live. Sunday, Moscow time (starting with 20:30 as listed right now): Men's LP live, Dance FD live. That's it. So disappointed. No SD and no Pairs LP. Maybe both will be shown as a recap a week after next but honestly...

I wonder of ISU is going to think about providing a stream that would be available to watch all events, not like this. One hour with huge commercials blocks- the latest fashion of renewed Eurosport is not something that I personally call a live event. How many skaters exactly I am going to see like this?

ISU needs to provide a stream for figure skating competitions in order to give the chance for fans around the world to follow their favorite athletes as an alternative to a poor coverage provided by TV. I wish there was a stream of the same quality (not including Sarank though!) we had for Junior Grand Prix series. No comment during the skate and a few words on repeated elements. Seriously- I hate to use anonymizers to watch my favorite sport. Why it has to be like that?