2016 Skate America event schedule | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America event schedule

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
ExpressVPN is not bad, but it comes with a fee. I used to have a subscription for a month.

Yes, but sabinfire is right that Hola is an unreliable service. I named it only because I am using it myself as it's free and I could not remember the names for other popular VPN services at that moment.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Honestly, I cannot make any sense of it at all anymore.
If I go to http://www.eurosport.nl/ and then Programmering, I get a seven-day view. And it only goes up to 11 pm on Friday for now, so that still doesn't tell me anything about Skate America (the earlier competitions shouldn't start until 1 or 2 am Saturday morning Dutch time, I think). <--- and those probably won't get aired live because it's night.

But if I go to the British website or international website, I can only seem to find listings up to next Monday (?!).

I think what you looked at is a results page or something similar.
Well. British Eurosport scheduling is now showing a fair amount of coverage... although in their great wisdom they are only showing about 25 minutes of Ladies SP highlights on Saturday, and a similarly shortened Pairs SP... but 1 hour of the gala from last season's World's in Boston -_-

Right now, the Eurosport Player schedule only has listings up to Friday night, roughly midnight UK time. So I don't know yet if there will be anything additional in the Player...

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I've not been able to find anything at the spanish eurospot site :(
And when I search in the "all sports" tab, figure skating is nowhere to be found.

rosy14

Final Flight
Thanks Alex D for info :thank: I'll keep fingers crossed for Rai Sport having more coverage.

Nothing LIVE on Rai, I'm afraid. MOre or less as Eurosport (" cane non mangia cane"=dog doens't eat dog, meaning not too much concurrence, please, we're in Italy).

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Friday
10/21/201611:00 PM12:00 AMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Ladies' Short
Saturday
10/22/2016 4:30 PM 6:00 PMNBCISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Ladies' Free
10/22/2016 11:30 PM 12:30 AMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Men's Short
10/22/2016 12:30 AM 1:30 AMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Pairs Free
Sunday
10/23/2016 12:30 PM 2:30 PMNBCISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Men's Free
10/23/2016 9:00 PM 10:00 PMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Free Dance
Monday
10/24/2016 8:00 PM 9:00 PMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Ladies' Free (Re-air)
10/24/2016 9:30 PM 11:30 PMUniHDISU GP of Figure SkatingAmerica: Men's Free (Re-air)

I will be watching NBC's live coverage this weekend - sadly I don't have UniHD as part of my sports package on VerizonFios. I have every other sports channel available but not this one, of course - they charge extra. I really wish they would show Ice Dance on NBC - perhaps if the Shibs win they'll show their FD.

I imagine NBC will play up the Ashley vs. Gracie thing and Johnny and Tara will annoy a lot of people on GS!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Nothing LIVE on Rai, I'm afraid. MOre or less as Eurosport (" cane non mangia cane"=dog doens't eat dog, meaning not too much concurrence, please, we're in Italy).

Polish Eurosport doesn't even plan on recaps from Short Programs, so if Rai Sport does it's still better.

ozmodiar

On the Ice
I just looked at the tv listings for Chicago and the local NBC affiliate is not showing the Sunday men's free broadcast. :mad:

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Hope someone will have a practice report, or just report "I met --- in the elevator" :biggrin:
I am SO STOKED! I’ll be 2 rows out, all four days, + meet & greet which I did not have last time. I went to SA 2014 and an usher said that near the elevator Samantha Cesario broke out into an impromptu DANCE to the music they were playing! I HATED missing it by 5 minutes! I’ll take plenty of pics, but I need advice to do it better. LOL They are HARD to shoot, because the depth constantly varies.

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
I just looked at the British Europsort Player schedule, and
the ISU channel is back!

Looks like complete live coverage of Ladies and Pairs SP's (from about 1:00am UK time through to about 4:30am)

Also slightly longer (more complete?) coverage of Mens SP and Ladies FS than the broadcast British Eurosport channel.

I can't see Sunday's schedule yet, but hopefully the full coverage will continue.
And maybe (unlike last year) it will continue for the whole GP series... we can only hope...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I will admit I felt really cheated last year when I got a subscription on the eurosport player, and they only had the ISU channel for the first couple of events.
Really would like to get a subscription again, but only if I had some kind of assurance it would be worth it this time. I doubt asking them would get me any sort of useful reply... :-(

YesWay

Record Breaker
I will admit I felt really cheated last year when I got a subscription on the eurosport player, and they only had the ISU channel for the first couple of events.
Really would like to get a subscription again, but only if I had some kind of assurance it would be worth it this time. I doubt asking them would get me any sort of useful reply... :-(
I intend to pay month-by-month, not annual.
You can stop the monthly subscription anytime (British Eurosport Player at least).

I will only use it for figure skating... season runs 6 months... maximum cost = 48 GBP
Annual subscription costs 60 GBP - which only makes sense if I want to watch other sports as well.

If they quietly drop the figure skating coverage after a couple of events like last year... I will cancel my monthly subscription immediately... but I do hope it won't come to that this year - because of all the live streaming services, the British Eurosport Player has been the most stable, reliable, and best quality for me...

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Well. British Eurosport scheduling is now showing a fair amount of coverage... although in their great wisdom they are only showing about 25 minutes of Ladies SP highlights on Saturday, and a similarly shortened Pairs SP... but 1 hour of the gala from last season's World's in Boston -_-

Right now, the Eurosport Player schedule only has listings up to Friday night, roughly midnight UK time. So I don't know yet if there will be anything additional in the Player...

Yeah 25 min (which probably will be 15 min or so of actual skating) is very 'generous'. I have a bad feeling that Eurosport coverage will be even worse this season than before. They used to recap previous Worlds for a week prior to the start of a new season - not this time - it is not a good sign - hope I am wrong!

s1alker

Rinkside
So where should one watch if they want to see every event? I remember last year British Eurosport seemed to have every event live.

Does the LSU website stream have commentary?

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Very excited to fly out to Chicago tonight!

Does anyone have access to a list of practice groups?

MeltedIce

On the Ice
Anyone know in which territories the eurovision sports stream will be available? they say it's geo-blocked in some places, but can't find which places are those.
thank you!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Thank you.
I am SO STOKED! I’ll be 2 rows out, all four days, + meet & greet which I did not have last time. I went to SA 2014 and an usher said that near the elevator Samantha Cesario broke out into an impromptu DANCE to the music they were playing! I HATED missing it by 5 minutes! I’ll take plenty of pics, but I need advice to do it better. LOL They are HARD to shoot, because the depth constantly varies.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know, I am going to make out my Eurosport TV schedule post tomorrow.

Because the listings do not as far into the future as they used to, I couldn't do it as early as I used to do. And since it was only going to be a few days more, I thought I may as well wait until the Eurosport Player had their listings up too.

If I can get listings for other regions from the Eurosport Player websites, I will include them. But, I am not sure it will work.

This is really frustrating.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

YesWay

Record Breaker
British Eurosport Player schedule has stretched to Sunday now, and in addition to the coverage I mentioned in previous post...

... I see there appears to be full live coverage of Dance Short and Pairs Free in the early hours of Sunday morning (UK time)... and full live coverage of Mens and Dance Free on Sunday evening (whereas British Eurosport broadcast channel is apparently only showing the last group of men?)

Last edited: