Alina Zagitova | Page 737 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker

This is really good news! :yahoo:

I hope all of their amazing content isn't lost forever, but good for them for creating temporary accounts in the mean time. I only followed Team Zagitova and I know that they do A LOT to make sure that the banners they created to support Alina make it to the competitions and get displayed prominently.

And ever since Garrett started it all with Owllina they have made sure that there are giant stuffed toys given to Alina after her skates. They are truly the best! I'm sure all of her fan pages have played a role in all of this wonderful support.

It's possible Alina isn't even going online to see all this as she is getting into competition mode, but I imagine that it means a lot to her friends and family that do read things online. It certainly means a lot to more casual fans like myself.

:thank:

EdRoz

Record Breaker
The account @teamzagitova received more than 100 thousand complaints, and was blocked by Instagram, someone has spent money and time :devil:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The account @teamzagitova received more than 100 thousand complaints, and was blocked by Instagram, someone has spent money and time :devil:

Account with 40 thousand followers received 100 thousand complaints, yes, because that's how things normally work without any intention (irony). What to say and remain within the rules of decent conversation.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Has she or any other skater of name and fame been stalked and harassed on line? Disillusioned fans and crazy types are everywhere.

Hopefully the skaters are safe in Khrustalniy, i.e. only authorised people and vehicles allowed on the premises.

Finley

Record Breaker
Account with 40 thousand followers received 100 thousand complaints, yes, because that's how things normally work without any intention (irony). What to say and remain within the rules of decent conversation.

You don't even have to say it out loud. It's obvious.

I have a lot of thoughts as well but I will keep them to myself. None of them are kind or positive regarding this situation and the person, or persons, responsible. Such a pathetic, spiteful thing to do.

I read elsewhere that Team Zagitova already made all of the necessary preparations for the banners and fan celebrations at the Euros so Alina will have visible support there. That made me happy. So there's that at least.

I feel certain that the fan pages will be restored in due time. Hopefully, with all of the content intact.

Finley

Record Breaker
Has she or any other skater of name and fame been stalked and harassed on line? Disillusioned fans and crazy types are everywhere.

Hopefully the skaters are safe in Khrustalniy, i.e. only authorised people and vehicles allowed on the premises.

Adelina Sotnikova comes to mind.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

It has been happening to a lot of instagram fanaccounts the past few days for a lot of skaters :/ even a lot of Evgenia's fan accounts have been deleted :(. I wonder what kind of group of people is so messed up to destroy all those amazing fan accounts :/ taking such a joy away from people

Teanzagitova was such a good account for getting updates on Alina

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It is probably quite easy to set up scripts that attack an account by sending complaints by the thousands.
IG administration disables that account to stop the attack. It then is up to the account owners to try and get the account reactivated.

I.e. the attackers could be from anywhere in the world, but certain nations competing with Russia are the most likely places of residence I think.

Finley

Record Breaker
It is probably quite easy to set up scripts that attack an account by sending complaints by the thousands.
IG administration disables that account to stop the attack. It then is up to the account owners to try and get the account reactivated.

I.e. the attackers could be from anywhere in the world, but certain nations competing with Russia are the most likely places of residence I think.

Anything is possible, but I think it is more likely to be someone from a rival fanbase than a rival nation. Just my opinion.

When Adelina Sotnikova was getting relentless hate and harassment online it was obvious that most of it came from very angry, disgruntled 'fans' of another skater. I would imagine something similar is happening in this case.

Again, that is just my opinion. And at the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter. I really hope that all of the content is restored because those fan pages were a labor of love and it would be a shame for all of it to just disappear.

zenskate

Final Flight
I read elsewhere that Team Zagitova already made all of the necessary preparations for the banners and fan celebrations at the Euros so Alina will have visible support there. That made me happy. So there's that at least.

Nothing can stop us from supporting Queen Alina! :hap10:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Someone found out which accounts are responsible for the reports:
https://twitter.com/camrynrb/status/1085659617751851008?s=19

They have reported fan accounts from all kind of fan bases not just skating fan accounts apparently

Pathetic and pathologic electronic vandals also.

One shouldn't over empathise the importance of social media like Instagram and Twitter where anybody can setup many anonymous accounts. In the end it is nothing but volatile bits and bytes as opposed to established printed media like tabloids that have a far wider circulation and are read by Joe and Jane Average.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Anything is possible, but I think it is more likely to be someone from a rival fanbase than a rival nation. Just my opinion.

When Adelina Sotnikova was getting relentless hate and harassment online it was obvious that most of it came from very angry, disgruntled 'fans' of another skater. I would imagine something similar is happening in this case.

Again, that is just my opinion. And at the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter. I really hope that all of the content is restored because those fan pages were a labor of love and it would be a shame for all of it to just disappear.

My favorite Anna Shcherbakova and Medvedeva accounts are gone too. It seems they are being taken down if they don‘t specifically state “fan account of XY“ in their bio. Many other fan pages have added this phrase recently because they fear that this will happen to them too. It‘s not a problem only related to figure skating or Alina and obviously not the cause of some crazy fans of ”another skater“. :shrug:

These people seem to attack fanpages in general and pick the most active and popular ones. That‘s why teamzagitova was one of the first to be taken down. It posts a lot and has lots of content.

I personally hope all the pages will be restored fully because it would be a true shame to miss their content that might have been collected and posted over years. And I hope instagram deletes those who report fan accounts without reason.

Finley

Record Breaker
My favorite Anna Shcherbakova and Medvedeva accounts are gone too. It seems they are being taken down if they don‘t specifically state “fan account of XY“ in their bio. Many other fan pages have added this phrase recently because they fear that this will happen to them too. It‘s not a problem only related to figure skating or Alina and obviously not the cause of some crazy fans of ”another skater“. :shrug:

These people seem to attack fanpages in general and pick the most active and popular ones. That‘s why teamzagitova was one of the first to be taken down. It posts a lot and has lots of content.

I personally hope all the pages will be restored fully because it would be a true shame to miss their content that might have been collected and posted over years. And I hope instagram deletes those who report fan accounts without reason.

I guess anything is possible since none of us know for sure what exactly happened. And as always, I am perfectly happy to agree to disagree with anyone. Everyone gets to have their own opinion.

Sports.ru got in touch with the creator of the champion zagitova page and interviewed her. Here are a few of her statements quoted (via Google translate) from the article -

"Recently, the network has information that instagram will block fan pages dedicated to famous people .

The first thought was exactly that - that the blocking is connected with this. I do not know how reliable this information is, but later it turned out that personally my account (@championzagitova) was hacked....

• Two other fan pages (@teamzagitova and @azagitova_forever) were also blocked. In essence, the three most popular accounts about Alina Zagitova were hacked. I contacted other administrators immediately after hacking. More than 100 thousand complaints were received to the @teamzagitova account, which is why instagram itself blocked them .

That is, it was a deliberate hacking of the page, cheating complaints. The same thing that wind up subscribers, but only there were complaints. The @azagitova_forever account was just hacked, like mine. We decided to immediately write to tech support, but for now there is no answer."