Alina Zagitova | Page 998 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker
Oh my, who is this Victoria secret supermodel? How did our baby hamster grow up so fast?
What a stunning lady!

I know right! :love:

She's only 17! What is even going on?! Shiseido drops this the day after our 'hamster' interview! I was not ready! :dbana:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Noreg, to calm you down, before the season started people kept saying Eteri is “writing Aliona off, that Aliona got bad programs and Eteri doesn’t care about her” and bla bla bla. Some even wrote, “I think we can all agree Eteri doesn’t like Aliona” or something like that. Same thing about Maiia, oh Maiia this, Maiia that.
In a nutshell, people make conclusions about who Eteri is writing off/doesn’t care about all the time, there’s always someone who’s about to leave or be kicked out.
And then, these girls do their 3A and quads, and people shut up and find a new person who Eteri doesn’t care about now.
It’s a cycle, there’s always someone new :D

I think one thing I know for sure, no one is ever written off by her. Everyone is always taken care off, given feedback, hugged and cared when needed, scolded when needed.
Alina is Eteri’s biggest star to date, her first and only Olympic champion, grand slam winner, and Eteri’s daughter‘s best closest friend, Alina was beloved by Eteri‘s mother.
At this point, Alina is practically a member of her family.

I’m confident Eteri will only act in Alina’s best interest, and do everything she can to help Alina reach her goals. What her goals are? We don’t know for sure, we can say she’s not aiming to be taking gold all the time, she just wants to go out and skate.
One fluke performance is nothing, Voronov said: „Athletes who did not have bad performances do not exist“.
He’s completely right, everyone can have ups and downs, highs and lows, get sick or tired, nervous. If it wasn’t like that, Yuzuru would’ve won every world championship, but he did have unfortunate performances here and there, and considering he’s a literal god, we gotta give Alina a little break for 1 mistake :)
This competition does not matter, to anyone. I’d say this year is unimportant as a whole, still too far away from next Olympics.
Lilbet is taking a lot of time off, and that’s a wise decision imo. No need to try too hard the year that’s still far away from Olympics.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Alina has not lost anything technically so Davai! it's all there, she just needs to bring it out. About the SP, the landing of the 3F was good so was there a lack of motivation to complete the 3Lo after it? I think Eteri will speak to her about this and it will help to focus Alina's mind.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
From an interview with Alexei Yagudin:

She is a fighter! Therefore, she went (after missing the Lo in the first part) for the most difficult element, which may be in the second part: flip-rittberger. Unfortunately, it did not work out. But we know how sometimes everything changes dramatically in the free programme, and I want to wish Alina to close her eyes on what happened and to storm new heights in her free program. In recent years, she has shown that athletes like Alina Zagitova just never give up.⠀

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Now let's hope that in the finals Alina will skate in her best form. Even with 3A and Rika she is still strong medal contender.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Yay Alina! I'm so proud. She was really determined today. I believe it's not as easy to find motivation as before, now that she has the Grand Slam. But I guess the bad Short fired her up for the Free. And also season's best in the Total Score as well.

The only thing that hurts my had is the CCoSp3 and Stsq3. I wish they would work on those more, those are points that she can't afford to lose. And it's not like she's not capable of Lvl 4s on them.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Alina skated like a queen today! :clap:
Next challenge: GPF

I think these early bumps in the road will serve her to prepare mentally and come back stronger when it truly matters :)

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
And Alina being Alina, again:

"The free program turned out a little better than the short one,” said Zagitova. - I enjoyed performing here - in the end everyone clapped, and this gave me strength. After the short program, my coaches helped me a lot, they found the right words, this is very important. And as I said before, I already had experience of failures, I made the appropriate conclusions after the skate; and in any case, this is a new experience for me."

Also, the skater spoke about relatively low marks for the components in the free program (73.84 points). "The judges decide. And I am always for their decision. I always want the audience to see the ease of skating, and not some torment of a skater on ice."

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
From the beginning Alina had her "game face" on, she meant business today and delivered an amazing free skate, like we all knew she could! :luv17:

She became a Champion of everything not by chance, but because she has a true champion's mentality, she is perfectionist and such a hardworker! Yes, she made a mistake in the SP (and I still think that all the calls from IdF rattled her a bit - she tried to have even a deeper edge on the Lz, she overrotated her flip, she held her final pose for soooo long), and she cried afterwards.

It broke my heart, and she did not cry because her competition is too strong, or because of her coaches, but because she did not do her best. We are watching Alina for quite a long time already, and we know what high principles she has. She never said she does not care what she presents on the ice, of course she does, she is a true champion and wants to show to the audience the best possible performance. And above all, Alina is a fighter, and she is always reborn after tough moments, she considers them motivation and moves forward.

And today she proved it. She proved that she can skate clean, that nothing is even close to over, that she can have a FS score close to other skaters who jump ultra-C elements. When she is on, her skating is on such a high level that she will always be a strong competitor. Yes, she won't always win everything, and she doesn't need to, but she is a true champion.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I knew she could do it. 66 was not in her standing and it was a challenge to skate clean today.
She doesn’t need to win but she has to deliver proper results as a queen. I’m so proud of her and happy to see her for the GPF.