Alina Zagitova | Page 1008 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Vemvane

On the Ice
I cried. That was beautiful.

I was anxious when she started, and my heart rate went up as she went in for that Lz-Lo combo, and then she did it, with that really sharp snap off the ice for the loop, and I squeed and started applauding. And after that, well, she just went for it, heart and soul. What a superb performance: молоде́ц, Alina, молоде́ц!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Queen Zagitova! Flawless! perfection!
Chris said Alina even thought about withdrawing, and then she throws down a great performance like that like it's nothing! :hap93:
A little lowballed, I expected a score over 80, 81-82 maybe? But that's okay, not a big deal at all.

AkikoNana

Rinkside
International judge Franca Bianconi said she found Katarina Witt vibes in today’s Alina SP...so beautiful...

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Alina...just thank you. For being a fighter and always believing in yourself. What an example for every young skater in this world!

I am still in tears after her performance, a very deep and emotional outing. She attacked that 3Lz+3Lo with so much power, it shows her huge motivation and desire to show her best.

The audience went crazy after her performance, and it is no surprise, because she is not only skating through music, she is really touching hearts. Fingers crossed for a great, clean performance tomorrow. .:pray:

paji15

On the Ice
Chris said Alina even thought about withdrawing, and then she throws down a great performance like that like it's nothing! :hap93:
A little lowballed, I expected a score over 80, 81-82 maybe? But that's okay, not a big deal at all.

To be honest I also expected around 81-82, seems like even some commentators expected her PCS higher, but it' fine. She delivered flaweless clean performance, everyone had a gooseboms. Chris was right, she is uncomparable Alina Zagitova! :hap10: She might not be in the lead but her performance was certainly extraordinary, different and so mature!

I was surprised by that withdrawal statement, I wonder why

esteticlove

Final Flight
All I want from Alina is to skater her SP like she did at test skates. It's a gorgeous program, Daniil's best imo, and I want her to show it's full potential internationally. I think that SP at test skates, along with her Olympic SP, are her career best. They're definitely my favourite, at least.

Your wish came true :)
I don't know if it's just the song or also Alina's interpretation, but this program always makes me very emotional.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Wonderful Alina! Skating last is never easy and she killed it like a boss! :love:

This performance made the list of my favorite Alina performances for sure.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, because there will be big jumps tomorrow, but it would be absolutely fantastic if she could medal. If she skates clean with the commitment she's capable of, I believe she has a chance. :pray:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Withdrawing? Whaaaaat? She did well and scoring 79 points puts her in a very good spot going into the free.

colormyworld240

Medalist
All I want from Alina is to skater her SP like she did at test skates. It's a gorgeous program, Daniil's best imo, and I want her to show it's full potential internationally. I think that SP at test skates, along with her Olympic SP, are her career best. They're definitely my favourite, at least.

So it's been a good day for me :laugh:.

Finley

Record Breaker
From one of the lovely posters at FSO -

Today was the adrenaline I had been waiting for

Russian figure skater Alina Zagitova commented on her performance in the short program in the Grand Prix finals. The 17-year-old Russian woman achieved the best result for herself in the season (79.60) and took second place.

“Am I nervous today?” Yes. Today was the adrenaline I had been waiting for so long. My legs were shaking, but that’s good. If you do not have adrenaline, you begin to be lethargic, inhibited.

Why did I go to training in a suit? Habit that arose in the junior season, when I performed in a pack, and it was difficult to get used to it.

Do I watch social networks? Where my groups mark me, I look. I don’t answer the fans' questions, because if you answer one, the rest will be offended, but it’s impossible to answer everyone, ”Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik reports.

eba

Rinkside
I'm so happy for her! And not too surprised about what that commentator said on Alina thinking about withdrawling, on today's practice she seemed more cautious than normally. I was worried but obviously for no reason at all, she was amazing and I also got chills at the end. I definetely would have scored her higher.

It was very cool to see her understand some of the english questions at the press conference, and I remember that Mariah Bell said it was Alina who told her about that famous medal switch (surely in english). I hope we get to hear her speak someday!!

Last edited: