Alina Zagitova | Page 1009 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Max "I Will Never Cheer For Zagitova" Tran'kov has been converted to Zagistans :biggrin:

“Alina was just magical today - that's all we love in adult female figure skating: maturity, beauty, choreography, deep visualization of the character, and sharp technique. It’s such a pleasure to watch her, it’s no small feat when an athlete can cause such feelings. Her short program has become an adornment of the Grand Prix finals. Look at her final pose and her look - this is the look of a person who has lived a lifetime on the ice [in the sp].”

zytolda

On the Ice
I can not understand one thing. If Yuzuru has some problems nobody sends him on retirment. Whan Alina is not 100,% there is already talk about retirment. She does not have to win always. Her performance still causes standing ovation.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alina's interview with Hotárek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLKGMXY3Pk

Quite funny one, e.g. when Ondřej adresses his fans about the gift Alina got. "I'm still here" :)

Alina obviously understands the questions without translating, only asked if can reply in russian. She is perfectionist and I think she will not speak publicly in english till she will be absolutely sure about her abilities.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alina obviously understands the questions without translating, only asked if can reply in russian. She is perfectionist and I think she will not speak publicly in english till she will be absolutely sure about her abilities.

Probably, she just doesn't want to look foolish, labouring clumsily for finding the right words and phrases for her answers. Noticed the same in many interviews from GPS with non-English native speakers.

Giltedge

Final Flight
With her SP performance yesterday, Alina shows yet again, why she is truly the greatest all-round ladies figure-skater. And as always when she is in the public eye, her modesty and empathy shines from her like starlight.
:love: :love: :love:

Here is another angle of yesterday's SP
https://youtu.be/TdqTlAtlVyw

We know we are in for a roof-raising treat with today's FS
and a spine-tingling treat in the gala.

:hap85: :hap85: :hap85:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Alysa Liu: “Olympic programme that inspires me the most is the free skate by Alina Zagitova. Because she landed every single jump and scored the maximum possible number of points. It motivates me to work even harder.”

https://tass.ru/sport/7290757

starbella

Rinkside
I am really so glad she did well and it makes me even more excited to see her FS since its my fav from her:) Honestly some people have been bringing her down so much this season and Im glad shes proving them wrong.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Maria Butyskaya on Alina's SP

"Alina was magnificent, she coped with her nerves and skated great, everything was perfect.
To stay in the top three, Alina needs to skate the same way in the free. Yesterday we saw a gorgeous performance by Zagitova, it was very impressive! This is what actual women's skating is. Alina just needs to skate cleanly, to stay in the top three really, but let's see what the situation will be.
Figure skating is not a brutal sport, it just so happened that a leap forward occurred. Women's figure skating is changing a lot, this applies to the technical side. We all understand that in order to fight for the highest places at world championships now, you need to have certain technical elements. Time will pass, and all this will be quite natural. Even now more than one person can perform quadruple jumps, and foreigners can do them too. All figure skating leap frogged, took a huge step, now it all can not be stopped.

Alina is very unique in this regard, she has every single title there is in figure skating, and she still does not quit and continues to fight. It is most significant. Just look at how she was received yesterday, the audience was waiting for Alina anxiously. Zagitova is a champion, she has proven everything to everyone. And one more thing: there were many Olympic champions aged 15-16 years, but they finished after that, not a single one continued on. Alina, the next year after the Olympics, became the world champion, this is a fighter with a capital letter F, a real athlete. It was no coincidence that she got this Olympic medal, though coincidences like that do happen. This continuation (of performing as an active athlete) by Zagitova is worth a lot."

Finley

Record Breaker
More from FSO-

Inna Goncharenko, Honored Coach of Russia, in an interview assessed the results of the first day of the women's competition in Turin.

- Inna Germanovna, many events fit in 30 minutes, what struck you the most?

- Two girls made a big impression. This is Alena Kostornaya, who performed under the first number. Opening competitions is always difficult, and she has this is the first experience of the Grand Prix finals at the adult level. But she rolled impeccably and very easily. And earned just awesome points.

The second is Alina Zagitova, who came out last. Again, a very difficult number, when everyone had already performed. But she showed a rental worthy of an Olympic champion. Everything was there - professionalism, fighting qualities, the ability to assemble. Good masterful adult skating.

- How do you judge today? All about the case?

- Very adequate, yes. The only thing I would have Alina put more components. That she had somewhere 81 points. At least I would like it so much (laughs). According to my inner feeling, her rental struck me. But in general, the judges noticed everything and reflected, if there were errors, no discomfort.

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-ska ... a-1619138 /

And -

The performance of Zagitova, who closed the short program, became a real cherry for the delicious cake of the women's tournament. However, a similar effect was noticeable during the training, when the entire six finalists dissected on the same ice. Alina too stood out from the rest, with calmness and dignity checking the necessary elements. She attracted her eyes and made her follow her every move.

However, all this was visible at the stages of the series, but it did not save from errors in the short program. In Turin, cool training finally became the basis for the same competitive hire. Alina herself explained this by the fact that she controlled the movements at the box office and felt the level of adrenaline necessary for the starts.

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-ska ... a-1619186 /

taylor1

On the Ice
I'm so happy for her! And not too surprised about what that commentator said on Alina thinking about withdrawling, on today's practice she seemed more cautious than normally. I was worried but obviously for no reason at all, she was amazing and I also got chills at the end. I definetely would have scored her higher.

It was very cool to see her understand some of the english questions at the press conference, and I remember that Mariah Bell said it was Alina who told her about that famous medal switch (surely in english). I hope we get to hear her speak someday!!

Oh no. Please don’t listen to the rumors commentators make up. Alina did not almost withdraw. They say this about her at every single competition she goes to.