Alina Zagitova | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
So much salt towards this young talent winning, what ever. Congrats to her!! I almost choked on a pear I was eating when she missed her opening combo, but of course she kept it calm and did what she did like a true boss.

I know young champions is not a Brand New Concept™ in this sport, but I am still shook that we now have this late Gen Z Olympic champion. I'm so curious about what she will produce in the future (because I think it will be amazing).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Alina for her gold medal! The spring she has in that 3Lz-3L is so incredible. And to be able to do the combination at the very end of the program was an amazing show of physical and mental fortitude...I first wrote in this thread in March of 2017 saying how much I enjoyed her Don Quijote program. It was probably when I saw her You Tube of it from Jr. Worlds. Little did I realize I'd be congratulating her on the Oly gold for the same program less than a year later. Well done!

PavelKoller

Rinkside
I'm so impressed how Alina has changed since... December. She is so confident now. She is able to handle the most stressful situations on the ice. Evgenia was phenomenal and left no room for mistakes to Alina. Even one UR, one stepout/turnout would have cost Alina gold, but Alina didn't make any mistakes. To me she's absolutely an adult skater now.

madison

Record Breaker
What a role model for her sister! I can't even imagine how it feels to have a sister olympic champion
Her sister is so cuteeeeeee:luv17: I hope she'll also be successful as a skater. Maybe she'll move to Eteri in a couple of years:biggrin:

Seruleane

Final Flight

Would love if someone could translate :)

Btw, here's a long interview with both Evgenia and Alina after they won silver and gold respectively. Alina was allowed one icecream :laugh:

https://rsport.ria.ru/winter2018_diary/20180224/1133220662.html

They both seem like lovely, hard working girls. They have accomplished so much already. I wish them lots of future success AND happiness, b/c we know the two do not always come hand in hand.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Would love if someone could translate :)

Btw, here's a long interview with both Evgenia and Alina after they won silver and gold respectively. Alina was allowed one icecream :laugh:

https://rsport.ria.ru/winter2018_diary/20180224/1133220662.html

They both seem like lovely, hard working girls. They have accomplished so much already. I wish them lots of future success AND happiness, b/c we know the two do not always come hand in hand.

I would really appreciated link to the video of their press conference. The above is just text version - but it's not comparable to live interview. All I saw yet was tiny bits and pieces of it in the news - I reaaly want full version. If someone deliver it - I'll try to not be too lazy and translate it ;)