Alina Zagitova | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

zytolda

On the Ice
i'm not that good at english unfortunately, but the most interesting moment is that she was seriously thinking about retirement especially after broken hand and leg, few months before Eteri kicked her out of the group. But then, when she was last time there before going back home, and she was saying goodbye to Eteri etc, Eteri said something like "lets try again".

She cried after saying that she lives without parents there and its really hard for her.

P.S. sounds like a hollywood movie scenario :D

thank you very much; i didn't know that she broke leg and hand;

my level of admiration for Alina has grown

lappo

Final Flight
Everybody is entitled to their opinion about Alina's skating, love her, hate her and her backloading ecc...BUT I think everyone there should really applaude the fact that a 14 years old girl is living alone away from home with none of his parents and training for such a competitive sport. Kudos to her, just hope that they don't let Averbuck anywhere near her!

The Finn

Record Breaker
It seems that Alina has the 3rd highest FS TES (75.81 points) among ladies. Her SP TES (41.41 points) seems to be the 5th highest among ladies.

Yuna's FS TES record is 78.30 points. I did some counting and I find out that if Alina could skate as clean FS as Zhenia did yesterday her FS TES would be about 82 points!! She can totally become the 1st lady ever to score above 80 TES points!

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Yuna's FS TES record is 78.30 points. I did some counting and I find out that if Alina could skate as clean FS as Zhenia did yesterday her FS TES would be about 82 points!! She can totally become the 1st lady ever to score above 80 TES points!

Alina's SP TES would be higher too. In RN she did 3Lz3Lo 3F 2A in a second half.

russianfan

Match Penalty
finally i managed to find a time to translate that video, hope it will be interesting for someone
sorry for mistakes, not my native language after all :p

Voiceover:
She is only 14 years old, and she is the second on the podium, right after Medvedeva herself.

Mishin:
This is the appendix that international figure skating has now started.

Voiceover:
The baby boom in women's figure skating continues - there are more and more little technicians. But what to do for those who are already 18 years old - and also want to participate in the Olympics?

Anna:
Do not even ask such questions...

Voiceover:
Who is breathing in the back of Evgenia Medvedeva today? And what are the young skaters ready to sacrifice in order to get to the "senior ice" faster?

Alina:
I had to learn how to walk again.

Voiceover:
New Year’s Eve Russian Championship. They gathered to get selected for international competitions. Evgenia Medvedeva, Anna Pogorilaya, Elena Radionova. It seemed that there is no place for gambits, except that Maria Sotskova, who skyrocketed at the Grand Prix stages, might make the favorites nervous. But anyway, how their places are distributed - has long been no longer an intrigue, all according to the classics. But she broke this medal triple. With such a trump card in the pocket in modern figure skating everything is possible. Alina Zagitova performs all the jumps in the second part of the program, when the forces are already a little - and the points are multiplied.

Alina:
We knew that the next year there will be very strong athletes, and we need to develop our program in technical terms, making it even more difficult.

Voiceover:
The overall TES for both programs is higher than that of the current world champion - seems like such debut haven’t been seen yet. Medvedeva won by artistry, still in the first place. But Zagitova is already very close and she is only 14 years old.

Alina:
I was not worried at all. I knew that I won’t be able to go to the European Championship, even if I'm in the top three.

Voiceover:
Indeed - she bypassed Anna Pogorilaya, but it was Anna who went to the European Championships. Such rules - children under 15 are not allowed to participate. Especially considering that those who are even younger - also step on their heels.

Alina:
Now there are 8 year old girls who are jumping triples.

Voiceover:
Now she is in the hands of Eteri Tutberidze, but not long ago she was still on the Izhevsk ice - and with vague prospects. But she was the one who made the decision.

Alina:
At the age of 12, I was already jumping the duple, Salchow and Ritterberger - that's all. And for my age, also in Izhevsk, it actually was good. But I had to grow further, and I decided to move to Eteri.

Voiceover:
But neither the training by the best coach, nor those complex programs might not have been. Eteri accepted the girl, but then changed her mind.

Alina:
I did not understand that you need to work here yourself, that nobody will force you here. And because of that it turned out that Eteri threw me out.

Voiceover:
From such a coach - this is exactly the verdict, Alina thought. And already said goodbye to figure skating - although in order to skate, a few months ago, she was learning how to walk again.

Alina:
At first i broke my hand, then i broke my leg. Then I had to learn how to walk anew, and how to skate as well. Then I decided that I'm gonna retire from figure skating, since I will not succeed.

Voiceover:
But it didn’t happen - Tutberidze seemed to understand - a champion is growing. And ice between them melted.

Alina:
We came to Eteri, gave her flowers, said that we are leaving, and Eteri said: “Maybe let's try again?". And of course, I was very glad after that. Everything disappeared, i even managed to do almost every triple jump on the next training.

Voiceover:
Since then everything went very well - junior medals and senior competitions. And an everyday master class from the world champion - now they are on the same ice. But she admits - she dreams not about the Olympics.

Alina:
Without parents, it is very difficult to live here (cries).

Voiceover:
She is saying - it is normal. The fact that young Zagitova took her second, honorable place.

Anna:
It's a common thing, it's always been like this. Well, maybe motivates a little.

Voiceover:
But then, Anna admits - the youth today is audacious, quickly learns. One more year - and they will be allowed to go to the world championships, but she also not gonna retire soon.

Anna:
Girls have now started to complicate their programs even more, while they are young.

Voiceover:
Even experts are worried - is it possible now to get onto the podium after 18? What about experience and grace?

Averbuch:
I believe that the age for participation in senior tournaments should be increased. It is not entirely fair to compete with young girls for an adult women.

Anna:
I would be grateful to him (laughs).
Before that they should grow up, learn it, feel it.

Voiceover:
To feel and to show on the ice, for example, love, in 14 years - it’s not that easy, says the biggest heartthrob in figure skating(Morozov). Why turn into robots with a set of jumps? Skating is first and foremost art, choreography.

Morozov:
There are very large number of children who jump complex elements, but there are very few women who skate and jump those elements.

Anna:
We personally have the opinion with the coach that we need to balance - i mean jump to keep it up, but at the same time we are already at that level that we need to show women's skating. And this is what distinguishes us from children and teenagers who dumbly jump, jump, jump.

Rest:
The rest related to the mechanisms that Mishin uses to train girls and their vestibular apparatus.

My opinion:
Second part of the program seems biased, and Anna sounds very jealous :laugh: (don't get me wrong, i like Anna, but that's why there are negative comments towards Anna in comments section under that video)

Last edited:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Thank you for translation!

I really impressed. Alina sacrificed a lot for her career. Good luck to her.

And about *young girls* it's always been like this. I don't see anything new here....tbh
Everyone used to be *this young girl/boy*... once... and they did just the same :rolleye:

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Eteri was kicking her out because of her injury???

i'm not that good at english unfortunately, but the most interesting moment is that she was seriously thinking about retirement especially after broken hand and leg, few months before Eteri kicked her out of the group. But then, when she was last time there before going back home, and she was saying goodbye to Eteri etc, Eteri said something like "lets try again".

She cried after saying that she lives without parents there and its really hard for her.

P.S. sounds like a hollywood movie scenario :D

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
No, because she was passive during trainings, waiting orders from coach at every step while Eteri thinks - coach gives advises (know-how) and the will must come from skater. It's my understanding from different interviews of Zhenia and Alina.

Alina:
I did not understand that you need to work here yourself,

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't think Eteri intended to kick her out, but it is hard to remain in a high level group if you can not follow what the others are doing. I am glad she stayed.

russianfan

Match Penalty
I don't think Eteri intended to kick her out, but it is hard to remain in a high level group if you can not follow what the others are doing. I am glad she stayed.

yep, probably it was just a trick to motivate her. And it worked as you can see :)

Sam L

Medalist
Everybody is entitled to their opinion about Alina's skating, love her, hate her and her backloading ecc...BUT I think everyone there should really applaude the fact that a 14 years old girl is living alone away from home with none of his parents and training for such a competitive sport. Kudos to her, just hope that they don't let Averbuck anywhere near her!

Who did the choreography for Alina's programs this year? Yes Team Zagitova!

lappo

Final Flight
Who did the choreography for Alina's programs this year? Yes Team Zagitova!

Tutberidze and Gleikhengauz: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101053.htm (They also did Polina's).
And apparently Averbuck is going to work only with Med next year, so there is big chance that both girls will have programs from them (I really wouldn't mind if Polina keep her SP but Alina has reached the top with her programs so maybe it's better to change both of them...don't know if other choreographers are available to them).

Sam L

Medalist
Little things that Alina has in her programs that I love:

- Charlottes
- Split jumps (falling leaf?)
- Present with one knee on the ice

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I hope this cutie will suprise everyone in the next season like she did it at this season. First time when I saw her, her free program was "Pink Panter" - I even didn't like it. She showed no emotion. It was just jumps with pokerface. I didn't expect from her good results at this season. But how she has changed! Her elements between the jumps, her emotions, her technique - everything. Just amazing kid.

Fish in the sea

Rinkside
Alina did a long instagram broadcast today. Here some things I learned from It (and you might wanna learn too ;))

• Alina is going to seniors
• Her short program is unique, she and Daniil Gleykhengauz worked from 9 am to 8 pm with a 30 min. break to choreograph it
• She lives with her grandma in a rented apartement located 5 min. away from the rink
• She doesn't speak the Tatar language
• Diana Davis (Tutberidze's daughter) is one of her best friends
• Her favorite book is the Harry Potter series
• She did rythmic gymnastics when she didn't skate. Russian gymnast Alina Kabaeva is her role model
• She has a cat named Toffee and a chinchilla named Marshmallow. They cheer her up when she is feeling down
• Salchow and toe loop are the hardest jumps for her. She doesn't do single toe loops, only in combination
• She is in the 8th grade
• Her classmates never acknowledged her, she sat at the last desk even though she is short (couldn't see the board well). Now they finally talk to her and greet her
• Going to Ljubljana last year was the first time she went abroad
• Eteri Tutberidze advices girls to always have some make up on to look more pleasing :think:

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
I really like this girl. I am sooo looking forward to next season and how she stacks up against everyone else. Medvedeva jumped in and made a huge impact, I expect no less from Alina. And she loves Harry Potter... ok, i"m a fan.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Now I'm really intrigued about her new SP.
I know it might be stupid but her pose from instagram picture reminds me some good, old disco