Alina Zagitova | Page 1001 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Alina :luv17:

Japanese NHK Trophy was a real challenge for myself.
Difficult...annoying...frustrating...happy...and just GREAT SUPPORT of my team and all the fans made me concentrate and do my best.
So see you in Turin

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5QXqrEpQnS/

It wasn't an easy competition, but if anyone can surpass any difficulty, it is Alina. :luv17:

Also, congratulations for 1000 pages of awesomeness :clap:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Sergey Shakhrai, sovsport.ru journalist:

I believed in Alina after the short program, and I was not mistaken. She showed how real athletes can fight to the end. Her Cleopatra raised the whole palace in Sapporo to their feet. All the spectators stood up and applauded our skater. Alina brilliantly skated the free program and proved to everyone that a real champion knows how to fight. Her Cleopatra was not just regal, but divinely regal.

Finley

Record Breaker
A small critique, but her Instagram presence is becoming a bit too packaged and it's getting to be a bit weird with how rarely she posts a picture with anyone else. I think she posted it to her stories, but the photo with Rita Mamun at the awards show was a small missed opportunity. IMO, she could use more spontaneous(not pre-planned) photos/moments which is what people want to see more rather than "performative" celebrity-ism which may not be sustainable. Keeping herself relevant in the future will depend a bit on doing a good job sharing the social media spotlight with others.

It's not a good idea to post every fan selfie to the Instagram, but the nice thing about many off the cuff fan selfies is that they are spontaneous as are the emotions shown in them(not always though). A photo like this with someone working for Russian TV and she's looking happy and cute would be good to repost to her stories: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5PVggXIJOm/

I think she is being protective. With good reason. Remember what Adelina went through on social media when some FS fans thought she shouldn't have won the OG medal? Alina had every reason to learn from that example.

Even as careful as she is she still gets attacked on her IG. Remember when she announced she'd be skating her new exhibition number to Bad Guy? Even before Daniil turned off the comments on his IG post Alina was getting grief from trolls on the photo of her family celebrating her birthday. :(

Remember when she posted her first performance of Bad Guy at the show in Japan on her IG? Why she didn't turn off her comments on that post I will never know.

It isn't enough that it turns into a social media troll-fest, the tabloid press gets involved and it all rolls downhill from there. I can't even imagine what her family feels about all this. Full credit to all of them for never speaking out about it. They are stronger than I would be under the same circumstances.

Remember when she posted that IG story of her driving a car with her dad during her hometown New Year's holiday visit? Not only did we get a media frenzy to go with the troll fest there was actual police involvement. :palmf:

Alina's limited IG engagement is perfectly understandable. The world holds many mysteries but this is not one of them.

That said, I wish she would post more photos of Masaru and Iriska. Even IG trolls have a hard time hating on pics of cute animals.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
That said, I wish she would post more photos of Masaru and Iriska. Even IG trolls have a hard time hating on pics of cute animals.

Reliable sources have told me that Iriska has been known to post negative comments on picture of Masaru.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I think she is being protective. With good reason.

Trolls find any means to hate and attack, even on innocent animals.

How are Alina's driving lessons coming along? Is she learning in Moscow?

Are her pets now at home in Izhevsk, where Sabina can take care of them? Winter is coming, and walking your dog alone before or after daylight in Russian winter isn't a sensible idea for a young female celebrity like Alina.

Finley

Record Breaker

Are her pets now at home in Izhevsk, where Sabina can take care of them? Winter is coming, and walking your dog alone before or after daylight in Russian winter isn't a sensible idea for a young female celebrity like Alina.

I am pretty sure her pets are staying with her. I am equally sure that Alina will never again provide any information regarding the progress of her driving lessons. :rolleye:

You are right about trolls hating on anything. And FS trolls are just an extra special breed of crazy. I still remember them tagging the Japanese Prime Minister in their comments accusing Alina of plagiarism and driving without a license. :palmf:

There are no words. This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm just grateful Alina still has an IG and still posts on it. :pray:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Yelena Radionova about Alina Zagitova:

“I really like Alina this season,” Radionova told RIA Novosti by telephone. “She has changed, matured, her skating has become more confident and it seems to me that she is really skating for herself now. In Japan, she again showed her fighting qualities. It's really nice to watch."

“Alina’s free program is very successful, it really suits her, reveals her strengths. I want everything to work out well for Alina this season.”

lesnar001

Record Breaker
You are right about trolls hating on anything. And FS trolls are just an extra special breed of crazy. I still remember them tagging the Japanese Prime Minister in their comments accusing Alina of plagiarism and driving without a license. :palmf:

They actually believed the Japanese PM would pay attention to them?
Silly trolls.
They can't even get the ISU to listen to their rants about PCS.

Finley

Record Breaker
They actually believed the Japanese PM would pay attention to them?
Silly trolls.
They can't even get the ISU to listen to their rants about PCS.

Not really a shining moment for 'not fans of Alina'. :shocked: I was actually embarrassed for them. Talk about making fs fans look like lunatics. :slink:

"If you could please leave Billie Eilish and the Prime Minister of Japan out of this, that would be great." :palmf: :hopelessness:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Not really a shining moment for 'not fans of Alina'. :shocked: I was actually embarrassed for them. Talk about making fs fans look like lunatics. :slink:

"If you could please leave Billie Eilish and the Prime Minister of Japan out of this, that would be great." :palmf: :hopelessness:

Alina is so non controversial, completely respectful to everything and everyone, and people desperately try to ruin her spotless reputation by trying to blow things out of proportion.
All in attempt to ruin her career, but I think it's going to return back to them eventually, you know, karma and stuff.
I find it mindboggling that people went so hard after her on her birthday, that's so heartless, poor little teen who did nothing wrong to anyone.
But there will always be people who are jealous and hateful and do mean things, because they can't be you.

I recently read a hate comment under Trusova's IG video of her 3A, and I was so surprised it came from a little kid! :palmf: like 7-8 year old one!
It makes me think, that this hate culture influenced some very small kids too, and they now write vile things, and it's crazy that little ones got this poor influence.
And if I remember correctly, the rumors about Elizabet leaving Eteri were also started by a little girl.

I don't know why this hate culture became so prevalent, but it's getting scary that people who are behind those words are sometimes people who influence younger generations to do the same thing.

Anyways, changing the topic, on a positive note, isn't it amazing that so many programs of Alina got recognition from singers and legends of figure skating?
Think about it:
Carmen: both legends of Carmen, OG Carmens, Katarina Witt and Debbie Thomas praised Alina!
Me Voy: Yasmin Levy was touched that Alina chose her song
Her new EX: The songwriter/band member shared his admiration towards Alina's performance.

People on the internet can say what they want, but when the greatest of the greatest, and authors/singers of songs applaud your performance, it's probably one of the highest praises athletes could ever wish for. It comes not just from anyone, but from people who thought you understood their music better than anyone, from people who did iconic performances themselves, and they saw something rare, something that reached their hearts more than anyone before did.

Finley

Record Breaker
Alina is so non controversial, completely respectful to everything and everyone, and people desperately try to ruin her spotless reputation by trying to blow things out of proportion.
All in attempt to ruin her career, but I think it's going to return back to them eventually, you know, karma and stuff.
I find it mindboggling that people went so hard after her on her birthday, that's so heartless, poor little teen who did nothing wrong to anyone.
But there will always be people who are jealous and hateful and do mean things, because they can't be you.

I recently read a hate comment under Trusova's IG video of her 3A, and I was so surprised it came from a little kid! :palmf: like 7-8 year old one!
It makes me think, that this hate culture influenced some very small kids too, and they now write vile things, and it's crazy that little ones got this poor influence.
And if I remember correctly, the rumors about Elizabet leaving Eteri were also started by a little girl.

I don't know why this hate culture became so prevalent, but it's getting scary that people who are behind those words are sometimes people who influence younger generations to do the same thing.

Anyways, changing the topic, on a positive note, isn't it amazing that so many programs of Alina got recognition from singers and legends of figure skating?
Think about it:
Carmen: both legends of Carmen, OG Carmens, Katarina Witt and Debbie Thomas praised Alina!
Me Voy: Yasmin Levy was touched that Alina chose her song
Her new EX: The songwriter/band member shared his admiration towards Alina's performance.

People on the internet can say what they want, but when the greatest of the greatest, and authors/singers of songs applaud your performance, it's probably one of the highest praises athletes could ever wish for. It comes not just from anyone, but from people who thought you understood their music better than anyone, from people who did iconic performances themselves, and they saw something rare, something that reached their hearts more than anyone before did.

Remember when Jazzmeia Horn acknowledged Alina for skating to AfroBlue?

https://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail/boriska_ii/1/h-174.jpg

And the screenwriter/director of 'Moonlight', Barry Jenkins, tweeted about her Black Swan performance?

https://twitter.com/outroex/status/1134688314362093568

And the actor that plays the Phantom in the Russian stage production of Phantom of the Opera was such a fan of Alina's and posted support for her on his IG during Worlds and afterwards?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxmoT5Bif8f/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvT44uhhcbo/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRtE4-BmEm/

There is just something about her. She really touches people with her performances.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Just one small correction Finley....

It was the Hancock Institute of Jazz that acknowledged Alina's exhibition to "Afro Blue" on twitter.
I believe that Jazzmeia Horn is somehow affiliated with them.

It's nice that all these people have been impressed enough to acknowledge her.

I also don't expect that everyone will feel the same way in the vast social media universe.
In that case, why can't they just be silent?

Even on the tweet the ISU had about Alina's smile.
There were 2 nasty uncalled for comments.
Which really says a lot about the LOSERS that made the comments.:disagree:

Finley

Record Breaker
All future questions about Alina's retirement shall be referred to Tamara Moskvina who supported Alina like the boss she is in the following interview (courtesy of FSO) -

Famous coach Tamara Moskvina expressed her disagreement with the point of view that Alina Zagitova needs to end her career.

- "So, Zagitova likes to ride. For her, not a medal - the main thing, but a performance. The process itself. In this way she gives pleasure to the public. She is a producer of pleasure."

- But athletes are fighting for medals.

- "Sometimes they ask me: “You probably worried with grief that your skaters took second or third place?” And I answered them: “Tell me, please, what place does your company occupy in St. Petersburg?”

Suppose they say to me: "Third." - “And in Russia?” - “Tenth.” “And in the world?” They begin to laugh. And I say: "And my students take the second or third place in the world." Why on earth should they leave? People spent a lot of time, their vitality, sacrificed something."

"Just think, they will have one gold medal, and the rest silver. Look at the list of participants. Many did not have any medals at all, but they are not hung."

- If Zagitova no longer wins a single medal, then nothing bad will happen?

- "Nothing wrong!"

- When a person became an Olympic champion, there was probably a different demand for him. He went on a pedestal and hardly wants to go down from it.

- "Once I ran a hundred meters in 15 seconds, but now I can’t. And what am I to hang myself now, or what?!" - said Moskvina.

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/10 .... .html? sl = 1

https://m.sportsdaily.ru/news/tamara-mo ... noj-medali _ primary source Honored trainer of Russia Tamara Moskvina does not agree with this point of view. The conversation with the Sport Day after Day correspondent about Zagitova began with a small dispute.

“Let me ask you,” Moskvina suggested. - You had a competition for the best article. You won it. All congratulate you. And then they say: listen, what are you sitting here, let's finish?"

Finley

Record Breaker
Praise for Cleopatra -

Sergey Shakhrai, sovsport.ru journalist:

I believed in Alina after the short program, and I was not mistaken. She showed how real athletes can fight to the end. Her Cleopatra raised the whole palace in Sapporo to their feet. All the spectators stood up and applauded our skater. Alina brilliantly skated the free program and proved to everyone that a real champion knows how to fight. Her Cleopatra was not just regal, but divinely regal.

Scott512

Record Breaker

No to Sabina walking Masaru in the park. They should hire pet sitters and pay them like we do in America.
Yelena Radionova about Alina Zagitova:

“I really like Alina this season,” Radionova told RIA Novosti by telephone. “She has changed, matured, her skating has become more confident and it seems to me that she is really skating for herself now. In Japan, she again showed her fighting qualities. It's really nice to watch."

“Alina’s free program is very successful, it really suits her, reveals her strengths. I want everything to work out well for Alina this season.”

Amazing comments from Elena. Love it.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Navka: only Zagitova and her coaches can decide when she needs to quit

2018 Olympic champion Alina Zagitova went through to the Grand Prix Final, which will be held in December in Turin. The winner of the 2006 Games, Tatyana Navka, in whose show Zagitova will perform immediately after the Russian championship, told Anatoly Samokhvalov about Alina's growing up, her prospects and did not agree with her ex-partner Roman Kostomarov, who does not believe in Zagitova’s future.
- Alinochka is a very bright girl! But there is a huge burden of responsibility on her now, because it is always much easier to catch up than to defend your achievements,” Navka said.
- She gathered herself in the free program and proved that she is a real champion. And Alyonochka Kostornaya is great! (Kostornaya won two stages of the Grand Prix and will also perform in the Turin final). She showed a triple axel, I think that soon there will be quad jumps in her performances. It is what it is, progress cannot be stopped. Therefore, the result of the Grand Prix in Japan is fair. But I think that if Alina had cleanly skated the short program, she would surely have fought for the first place, or, at least, she would definitely be second.

- Do you think that at this stage Zagitova does not need to up the content of her programs?
- No, I think, of course, she needs to do that. Mandatory even, if she wants to fight for the podium at the World Cup and beyond. But I do not know how this is even possible. On this topic, it is better to talk with Alina's coaches, and not with me. That would be more proper.

- Roman Kostomarov, speaking of Zagitova and Medvedeva, uttered the following phrase: “One must be able to quit when the time comes. Of course, they can continue to skate for their pleasure, but you should not hope for good results. With rivals skating clean, Alina will not be able to compete with them."
- Oh, this is such a difficult question and it seems to me that no one can judge and say who needs to quit and who does not. Only the person themselves, the athlete, or their coaching staff can decide on such issues. In any case, Alina has grown, her body shape is changing. Medvedeva has already passed this stage, and Alina is just at this stage now. We all see that she has become more feminine. If she was a child at the Olympics, now she has grown into a beautiful girl. Of course, in the current period it is more difficult for her. And we'll see what happens next. But at the moment she is the greatest skater in the world, the Olympic champion. And she is only seventeen years old. All life ahead of her, a huge number of doors in front of her are open wide. The main thing is her desire. I worked with her and soon we will work together again. She is an amazingly kind and bright girl with the right brains. Raised really well, not arrogant at all.

- Yes, from Alina you can feel a kind of homely comfort, calm and kindness.

- I totally agree! I am sure that in her life after the sport she will have everything in order, she will find herself, and no matter what step she takes - to end her career in sports or continue to skate, good fortune will favour her. I think that this will be just because of Alina’s good mind and her excellent upbringing, because she has a good family. But, of course, she should not stop performing on ice at all, because in our country, and in the world, they like figure skating, and Alina is very popular in our sport. Everyone has their own way and their own destiny, the time will come and Alina will make the right decision together with Eteri (Tutberidze) and her coaching staff.

- Do you have any desire to attract any of the current skaters to the show?
- At the moment, I have already formed a team, we look forward to having Alina with us after the Russian championship, as we agreed. And then - life will show. An amazing generation of skaters is growing up now, and I will definitely invite young talents. Everyone is in anticipation of the Olympics and everyone is preparing for it, and after Beijing, the situation in this regard will be more transparent and more defined.