Alina Zagitova | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I've already posted this in the Event Thread for the EYOF, but thought that I should post it here as well.

OK, I have been doing a bit of digging, and it appears that the ice was a lot more slippery than normal. And that was why there were so many falls during the competition. A lot of the girls were complaining about it.

So, that would probably explain what happened to Alina.

CaroLiza_fan

RadioFan

Match Penalty
I've already posted this in the Event Thread for the EYOF, but thought that I should post it here as well.

OK, I have been doing a bit of digging, and it appears that the ice was a lot more slippery than normal. And that was why there were so many falls during the competition. A lot of the girls were complaining about it.

CaroLiza_fan

>be master of sports
>compete in a world-class-level
>complain about ice-conditions

why dont they even protest?

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
>be master of sports
>compete in a world-class-level
>complain about ice-conditions

why dont they even protest?

:laugh:

Funnily enough, I often wondered that too when the commentators are pointing out that the ice isn't in perfect condition.

But, I suppose it wouldn't be of any benefit to the skaters if they did complain. Like, it's not as if the officials are going to say "you can have another go once we've fixed it". And even if they did, the second go probably wouldn't be as good anyway, as the first go would have taken a lot out of them.

So, why go to the bother of making an official protest when it won't actually make any difference to anything? Better just to forget about it and carry on.

That said, although it wouldn't make any difference to the skaters, complaining might actually help the workers at the rink work out how to improve how they do things.

CaroLiza_fan

RadioFan

Match Penalty
So, why go to the bother of making an official protest when it won't actually make any difference to anything? Better just to forget about it and carry on.

Are you kidding? They should protest to give the athlets a usable place to skate and not just a frozen field.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Are you kidding? They should protest to give the athlets a usable place to skate and not just a frozen field.

That's fine if you haven't done your routine yet. By all means protest then. The organisers might try to sort it out for the skaters still to come, including yourself.

But, there is no point protesting afterwards. Because you won't be given another chance to do your routine.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

RadioFan

Match Penalty
That's fine if you haven't done your routine yet. By all means protest then. The organisers might try to sort it out for the skaters still to come, including yourself.

But, there is no point protesting afterwards. Because you won't be given another chance to do your routine.

CaroLiza_fan

Well, FP still to go, so they can still protest.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, FP still to go, so they can still protest.

Good point.

Although, I thought that due to the passage of time (and Zamboni passovers), the ice conditions would be totally different on Wednesday to how it was today.

But, I know nothing about the lifespan or maintenance of ice.

CaroLiza_fan

RadioFan

Match Penalty
Good point.

Although, I thought that due to the passage of time (and Zamboni passovers), the ice conditions would be totally different on Wednesday to how it was today.

But, I know nothing about the lifespan or maintenance of ice.

CaroLiza_fan

I didnt know if there were issues anyway. However, if there are problems, complain and protest.
They are figure-skaters not figure-swimmers. Simply argue with the safty of the skater's health.
Risking a broken bone for an unimportant competiton? Zagi, who has pretty good chances for the
olympic team next year? Seriously ... nope!

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight

CaroLiza_fan

:shocked: But that is so dangerous, no? Especially when they will do FS as it has more jumps... I hope our girl won't get hurt and will be causios.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:shocked: But that is so dangerous, no? Especially when they will do FS as it has more jumps... I hope our girl won't get hurt and will be causios.

Exactly.

Hopefully the conditions will be better tomorrow. And if not, hopefully the skaters will speak out before they get started.

Hey, they delayed the start of the Free Dance at the Universiade last week to do an extra resurfacing because the ice wasn't right.

But, as I said last night, if the skaters want something done about the ice, they need to complain early (say, during the Warm-Up). There is no point complaining after doing the routine, because it is too late then.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

RadioFan

Match Penalty
But, as I said last night, if the skaters want something done about the ice, they need to complain early (say, during the Warm-Up). There is no point complaining after doing the routine, because it is too late then.

These are the words of a true German Bureaucrat.
But it just doesnt works that way.
Is the ice OK? No? Than skate yourself on your meadow!
This competiton is meaningless anyways and if you quit during the "festival",
because the ring changed into a pool, maybe some officials at the Olympic
penthouse in Monte Carlo stop drinking Champagne with their hookers and
start to make some smart decisions.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I keep rewatching Alina's FS from senior Nationals. It's still not the same craze as was with Yulia's SL at the team event but it's getting close. And I watched it live and live it was also perfection.

If ice condition is not good she don't have to protest - she just have to skip this meaningless competition.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Zagitik with winning the gold medal. I hope her mistakes it's because of bad ice. But at Juniors Nationals she also couldn't do first combo - only lutz, and she had to replace 3Lo to another one. It's a bad sign. They should fix all mistakes before JW.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
How could I forgot to wish a good luck to this cutie? :love:

Good luck to you, Alina. After some messy events, now you can show all your best. You go kid! :agree:

venx

Match Penalty
I keep rewatching Alina's FS from senior Nationals. It's still not the same craze as was with Yulia's SL at the team event but it's getting close. And I watched it live and live it was also perfection.
I totally agree, there is something addictive about this performance. :yes:
I'm not Alina's fan yet, but the perfect execution, her energy, poise and crowd's reaction make me watch it again and again. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJe-DCSqxDk

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Not sure how many times I've watched this wonderful program. I just LOVE Don Quixote, and she makes it come alive for me.

ETA -- Looks like someone else wore the same costume a few years ago. It is a beauty!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJe-KF2g24

Last edited:

crazykuroneko

Rinkside
First time watched ladies' junior, and wow with her transitions. :eeking:
What a powerful performance. Her jump is good too.
Looking forward for her in FS ;)