Alina Zagitova | Page 506 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Scott512

Record Breaker
According to Wikipedia Alina Zagitova has shrunk a full inch to 5 ft 2 in tall! Lol! We all see her getting taller. They had her listed at 5 feet 3 inches tall for most of the summer.

lusk8

Record Breaker
According to Wikipedia Alina Zagitova has shrunk a full inch to 5 ft 2 in tall! Lol! We all see her getting taller. They had her listed at 5 feet 3 inches tall for most of the summer.

Wikipedia is updated by people like you and me (users of the site), so it’s not a super accurate current source. Sometimes, if the users interested enough to update a page are quite good, it can have correct facts and listed sources of information.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wikipedia is updated by people like you and me (users of the site), so it’s not a super accurate current source. Sometimes, if the users interested enough to update a page are quite good, it can have correct facts and listed sources of information.

Okay I will leave it up to you to update it. ;)

Finley

Record Breaker
If we don't get some video of Alina's Japan Open Carnival on Ice exhibition skates soon I am going to be very cranky. :frown:

egoshina

On the Ice
If we don't get some video of Alina's Japan Open Carnival on Ice exhibition skates soon I am going to be very cranky. :frown:

Yes! And also, I was hoping for some Shiseido/Madoka footage. (I'm watching Madoka series now and understand now why Alina was chosen to represent Madoka! (the choice of other characters is somewhat erm Machiavellian...))

lusk8

Record Breaker

I believe the show broadcast will air Monday (10/8) at 12pm in Japan, so we still have a bunch of hours to go but don’t loose faith.

I’m looking forward to it too.

And to seeing the award ceremony for Japan Open, I want to know what’s that little diploma looking thing that Alina was holding.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Moscow Mayor's Office issued permits for the construction of a new ice palace for Sambo 70.
The building will be 22,000 square meters, in the same Moscow district :agree:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Dang this thread moves fast :laugh:
Alina is here to take no prisoners this season! And she really is starting to look like a Carmen, I think this program suits her very well :luv17:

zenskate

Final Flight
I saw this video on Alina Kabaeva today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N730eo851Cc

Like Alina Zagitova, she:

- had a father who was also a professional athlete
- moved to Moscow to become the best athlete she could
- suffered rejection from some coaches, who must have bitterly regretted their decision later

But what stuck with me the most was this line that Kabaeva said in the middle.

"I may have won medals, but I've also been criticised by people, the sort of people who can't do what I do...It's jealousy."

Alina's parents knew what they were doing when they named her after Kabaeva. :biggrin: :agree:

singermelodie1

On the Ice
I saw this video on Alina Kabaeva today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N730eo851Cc

Like Alina Zagitova, she:

- had a father who was also a professional athlete
- moved to Moscow to become the best athlete she could
- suffered rejection from some coaches, who must have bitterly regretted their decision later

But what stuck with me the most was this line that Kabaeva said in the middle.

"I may have won medals, but I've also been criticised by people, the sort of people who can't do what I do...It's jealousy."

Alina's parents knew what they were doing when they named her after Kabaeva. :biggrin: :agree:
I hope that means more wins and world championships to come

Finley

Record Breaker
Where. Are. The. Videos. From. Japan Open? :gaah:

Give. Them. To. Me. :mad:

I blame TAT for this. Somehow this has to be her fault. :sarcasm: (I discovered the sarcasm emoji.)