Alina Zagitova | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

venx

Match Penalty
Congratulation to Alina for World Championship! :clap:

To skate like that after perfect Marin... Wow. Just wow. :shocked: :thumbsup:

The Finn

Record Breaker
- You have great jumps, what else do you want to add in terms of technology or is this, perhaps, already a certain limit?

- In figure skating there are no limits. And it's good that it is developing, a new generation of figure skaters appears, which are all better and more technical. I try to keep up with the little ones, those who are engaged in our group. I look at them. And if they do something better than me, then I try to do even better. We have such a game in training.
http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/289...nimala-chto-u-menya-net-prava-na-oshibku.html

I bet this is so true. I bet Anna and Sasha are constantly challenging Alina and the other older girls.

She will skate at the Spartakiad next week. Polina might be there also, at least she was rumored to be there.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Congratulation to Alina for World Championship! :clap:

To skate like that after perfect Marin... Wow. Just wow. :shocked: :thumbsup:

That is true, although she has said that she actually didn't know Honda's scores. In any case this is the 2nd time she has done this because she did the same thing at the JGP final where she skated right after Nastia Gubanova who had scored about 134 points. This time Alina's lead wasn't as big as it was at the JGP final and this was more important event but still, she has done this twice now.

gotoschool

Medalist
I have to admit I didn't even plan on watching Junior Worlds. But, I was surprised that I even felt like taking the time to write long posts defending Alina's win and the high quality of her performances on the SP and LP Junior Worlds threads, since she received some criticism. To the contrary, I really liked her performances. She has a lot of admirable qualities, such as her 3 lutz / 3 loop without excessive pre-rotation, good flow in and out, nice height and distance, and really good rotation with a beautiful rippon variation on the tano. I was also impressed with the speed, centering and flexible positions in her picturesque camel transitioning into a half Biellmann as well as her classical Biellmann spin. Her sit spin was nice as well in addition to a picturesque Charlotte spiral on the entrance to her triple loop in the SP. I was also surprised to see a beautiful cross grab Biellmann spiral in the long which I haven't seen in a while, and I like that she held it out longer than most spirals I have seen recently. I find her footwork and transitions interesting as well and she has appealing expression with her arms. I liked her performances the best among the ladies.

I don't know if it has been posted but here is a high quality video of her exhibition (1080), which I also really liked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdOYkhA_Dk

Last edited:

tikse

Rinkside
Worth noting is that Alina's got whopping 13.21 points for her 3Lz-3Lo which is second highest mark for an element behind only Miki Ando's 3Lz-3T-2Lo, AFAIR. And I think it's the highest marked 3Lz-3Lo ever.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight

The Finn

Record Breaker
It seems that Alina has the 3rd highest FS TES (75.81 points) among ladies. Her SP TES (41.41 points) seems to be the 5th highest among ladies.