Alina Zagitova | Page 825 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina updated her Instagram bio showing her Career Grand Slam �:love:

She is a GOAT. I got some pushback on that when I mentioned that in the ladies free skate thread for the world championships. I certainly stand by what I said and I did write it as Alina is a GOAT not the GOAT.

The posts in thevery Alina Fan Fest the last few days have just been unbelievable. I tip my hat to all of you.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
She is a GOAT. I got some pushback on that when I mentioned that in the ladies free skate thread for the world championships. I certainly stand by what I said and I did write it as Alina is a GOAT not the GOAT.

The posts in thevery Alina Fan Fest the last few days have just been unbelievable. I tip my hat to all of you.

When people post "not so nice" things about Alina (or anyone for that matter) - they like to say "I'm just stating my opinion".
So you have every right to post what you did - even if you said THE and not A

I feel Alina has made a strong case as far as Russian Ladies.
And a lot of that is based on the extremely strong fields she beat at 2018 Olympics and 2019 Worlds.

I feel she has a lot more to accomplish as far as Ladies in general.
And for that she will need longevity.
I sincerely hope she continues until 2022 Beijing.
And even beyond that!

I think the best of Alina is yet to come!
I'm looking forward to it.

caballe

On the Ice

Alina is a GOAT. Pure and Simple!

Grand Slam at 16. What more should be said? :agree:

paji15

On the Ice
It kind of feels a little bit like she won the Olympics all over again!

You know what? It's kinda like she won the Olympics all over again. Because there were so many people who still refused to give her credit for that win, considering her as just a lucky kid who was in right moment at right place. Truth is, that she was there in much easier sittuation. She definitelly was one of the favorites, but she was a little bit like a favorite from the background untill her Euros win over Zhenya. She was youngster and the pressure was uncomparable to this season's. But she didn't win just because Evgenia injured. They both delivered two absolutely stunning performences and only one could won. Alina was a litttle bit better. And yes, she won there due to her flaweless jumps, but I refuse to discuss her aristry. You only must look a little closer, she wasn't that obvious at the time. She was not overscored, not even a little bit. She even show there huge maturity. She swich her Lz-Lo combo after the second lutz. Yes, Eteri told her to do it if the first one will not be the best one, but how many times we see in this years Worlds in men singles that a skater had there a back up plan if he screw the jump, but he still stick with the plan A and fall or jump just duble instead of triple. It's deep in the memory, you are there always with plan A and want to deliver it. She was small 15yo girl there. That decision probably won her the Olympics.

But as I said, there were huge amout of voice who scream that she don't deserve that win. And with all her falls since Words 18, they were louder and louder. She finish second at GPF and at Euros, and it was complete disaster. She was done. I read a lot of stuffs like "if she won after body changes, I'll give her all credit for that win". As if it was her faults that the rules allow her to skate. As much as I get that point, if she didn't deserve anything, it was that behavior. Behavior mostly from adults. Poor behavior. Anyway, her body change A LOT. Like, I've been know she grew a lot, but guys did you saw here pics from the Olympics and this Words side by side? She somehow hit the puberty all in once. She has now body and lines as adult athlete. Her body is much more mature than other's 16yo skater's. I was really shocked while I saw Alina and Evgenia's pic side by side with the one from this Words. I went to find out other my fav skaters who won the Olympics at young age. And you know what? They also change a lot. I compare it with Virtue Moir and Davis White. They were older there, but still young. Gosh how they change? Tessa look much more similar as in 2011 now, 8 years later, than in Vancouver. Probably that huge pressure let you mature so quickly.

So she was there, at Words, in difficult situation, with completely new body, tough season in back and huge pressure. And she delivered two absolutelly flawless performences. Yes, those voices about overscoring are still there. But she was not. She had the most difficult programs, she has to change emotions, not just smile like many other's, and she did it. Anyway, those debats are not even on place, because she won by huuuuge margin. She fell from Olympic high to very low place and just like that, jump back to the top. As Eurosport guys said "We've been known she has a talent, but now, we know she has a character." She didn't have to, but she prove everybody she deserve completelly everything. And I'm so lucky for her. She will be now forever remembered as one of the best female skater of all the time. Forever. She won't be named for being young Olympic champion. She is listed now in very top, together with Yuna. She accomplish her mission, she will never been forgoten now. Since now, she can skate only for her. She doesn't have to prove anything anymore. She refused everything she was accused for. Being just lucky, not being able to won ever again, hidden behind tutu, not female body, lack of artistry, ...

So now, when she is telling she is not planning anything but she is definitelly there to continue skate and is ready to add more difficult elements (quads) once it will be necesarry, I believe her. She can do it. That 16yo can do whatever she wants to. Her power, both physics and psychics is insane.

Finley

Record Breaker
You know what? It's kinda like she won the Olympics all over again. Because there were so many people who still refused to give her credit for that win, considering her as just a lucky kid who was in right moment at right place. Truth is, that she was there in much easier sittuation. She definitelly was one of the favorites, but she was a little bit like a favorite from the background untill her Euros win over Zhenya. She was youngster and the pressure was uncomparable to this season's. But she didn't win just because Evgenia injured. They both delivered two absolutely stunning performences and only one could won. Alina was a litttle bit better. And yes, she won there due to her flaweless jumps, but I refuse to discuss her aristry. You only must look a little closer, she wasn't that obvious at the time. She was not overscored, not even a little bit. She even show there huge maturity. She swich her Lz-Lo combo after the second lutz. Yes, Eteri told her to do it if the first one will not be the best one, but how many times we see in this years Worlds in men singles that a skater had there a back up plan if he screw the jump, but he still stick with the plan A and fall or jump just duble instead of triple. It's deep in the memory, you are there always with plan A and want to deliver it. She was small 15yo girl there. That decision probably won her the Olympics.

But as I said, there were huge amout of voice who scream that she don't deserve that win. And with all her falls since Words 18, they were louder and louder. She finish second at GPF and at Euros, and it was complete disaster. She was done. I read a lot of stuffs like "if she won after body changes, I'll give her all credit for that win". As if it was her faults that the rules allow her to skate. As much as I get that point, if she didn't deserve anything, it was that behavior. Behavior mostly from adults. Poor behavior. Anyway, her body change A LOT. Like, I've been know she grew a lot, but guys did you saw here pics from the Olympics and this Words side by side? She somehow hit the puberty all in once. She has now body and lines as adult athlete. Her body is much more mature than other's 16yo skater's. I was really shocked while I saw Alina and Evgenia's pic side by side with the one from this Words. I went to find out other my fav skaters who won the Olympics at young age. And you know what? They also change a lot. I compare it with Virtue Moir and Davis White. They were older there, but still young. Gosh how they change? Tessa look much more similar as in 2011 now, 8 years later, than in Vancouver. Probably that huge pressure let you mature so quickly.

So she was there, at Words, in difficult situation, with completely new body, tough season in back and huge pressure. And she delivered two absolutelly flawless performences. Yes, those voices about overscoring are still there. But she was not. She had the most difficult programs, she has to change emotions, not just smile like many other's, and she did it. Anyway, those debats are not even on place, because she won by huuuuge margin. She fell from Olympic high to very low place and just like that, jump back to the top. As Eurosport guys said "We've been known she has a talent, but now, we know she has a character." She didn't have to, but she prove everybody she deserve completelly everything. And I'm so lucky for her. She will be now forever remembered as one of the best female skater of all the time. Forever. She won't be named for being young Olympic champion. She is listed now in very top, together with Yuna. She accomplish her mission, she will never been forgoten now. Since now, she can skate only for her. She doesn't have to prove anything anymore. She refused everything she was accused for. Being just lucky, not being able to won ever again, hidden behind tutu, not female body, lack of artistry, ...

So now, when she is telling she is not planning anything but she is definitelly there to continue skate and is ready to add more difficult elements (quads) once it will be necesarry, I believe her. She can do it. That 16yo can do whatever she wants to. Her power, both physics and psychics is insane.

:thank:

Scott512

Record Breaker
When people post "not so nice" things about Alina (or anyone for that matter) - they like to say "I'm just stating my opinion".
So you have every right to post what you did - even if you said THE and not A

I feel Alina has made a strong case as far as Russian Ladies.
And a lot of that is based on the extremely strong fields she beat at 2018 Olympics and 2019 Worlds.

I feel she has a lot more to accomplish as far as Ladies in general.
And for that she will need longevity.
I sincerely hope she continues until 2022 Beijing.
And even beyond that!

I think the best of Alina is yet to come!
I'm looking forward to it.
So true about people stating their opinions.

Great post.

Hope Alina has a fun but peaceful offseason.

Noreg16

On the Ice
Alina updated her Instagram bio showing her Career Grand Slam �:love:
she shouldve put other silver medals next to russian nationals, grand prix and european since there is a silver team one, but i guess she doesnt like those much. she has so much medals in every event its crazy. she also won everything juniors including worlds with breaking record.
I will never understand media people in Russia, Alina just won Worlds and they post videos and articles about her falling at Ex ...

Noreg16

On the Ice
It makes me mad that there is one set of standards for Alina and another set for everyone else. When other skaters struggle they need time. Alina needs to retire. When other skaters have a bad competition, it is what it is. When Alina has a bad competition she is finished. When any skater wins a medal it's a success. Alina wins two silvers and it is a tragic loss.

She won a medal in every competition she skated in this season other than RusNats. The only times she was beaten is when she beat herself by not skating clean.

Other skaters would probably kill to have her 'unsuccessful' season.

She triumphed over the pressure and also adjusted to a completely new body. I mean, look at her!

I am amazed by her and proud to be her fan.

SO TRUE! tbh idc about negative opinions of random skaters, it just looks like pure envy to me... on the other hand Maria Butyrskaya first russian world champ, Olympic champions Plushenko and Yagudin were very supportive of Alina from the get go and spoke very highly of her, and effing Katarina Witt congratulated her 0_o

Finley

Record Breaker
SO TRUE! tbh idc about negative opinions of random skaters, it just looks like pure envy to me... on the other hand Maria Butyrskaya first russian world champ, Olympic champions Plushenko and Yagudin were very supportive of Alina from the get go and spoke very highly of her, and effing Katarina Witt congratulated her 0_o

I've been waiting for that Katarina Witt acknowledgement all season! My mom was a big fan of hers. So that one meant a lot!

Legends recognizing legends!

Noreg16

On the Ice
Anyway, her body change A LOT. Like, I've been know she grew a lot, but guys did you saw here pics from the Olympics and this Words side by side? She somehow hit the puberty all in once. She has now body and lines as adult athlete. Her body is much more mature than other's 16yo skater's. .
Your post was great! just want to point out that Alina "started" hitting puberty before the Olympics, 2 months before OG she grew up 3cm, Eteri has mentioned they were fighting it. U can see that after OG when Alina did show in Japan she noticeably gained weight...