Alina Zagitova | Page 945 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As the Salchow is a solo jump at the moment, changing her triple jump from 3f-2t-2lo to 3f-eu-3s means she could add another 2A in place of the solo 3S. Therefore it would mean an increase in points.

-2t-2lo = 3
-eu + 2A = 3.8

I don't know if you're allowed 3 2As in a program though. I wouldn't recommend doing this just for 0.8 points as well!

No you can't. You can do any double just twice in a program. :) (I'm now rules expert :laugh: )

Idk if it's even technically possible. I never saw Euler and then 2A, skaters are using it as 2A+1Eu+double (Salchow usually). I can't imagine axel from euler. :think: So no, no Eu till she will have Quad, probably even repeating quad :laugh: then maybe (but I personally think they would go for a double anyway, she was able to do all jumps in second part so I don't think she will need euler help, but maybe at the begining?). We'll see.

It's impossible. Putting 2A in second place means you are not doing combination but sequence, which reduces the base value of all the jumps in the pass by 0.8. That's why it's so rare in singles, yet some pairs do it.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
That is very nice to see.
What a positive posting from the artist!

Reminds me of the twitter post by someone connected with "Moonlight" (maybe the director?)
Who liked Alina's Olympic SP.

That was Barry Jenkins, director and screenwriter of the "Moonlight" movie (soundtrack "Middle of the World" from which was used by Daniil), after watching Alina's SP, wrote this tweet: "Oh my. It's. It's absolutely gorgeous. The feeling of it. She slipped right into the feeling of it. Her arms. It's all just so damn wonderful." And added a GOAT emoji :)

paji15

On the Ice
It's impossible. Putting 2A in second place means you are not doing combination but sequence, which reduces the base value of all the jumps in the pass by 0.8. That's why it's so rare in singles, yet some pairs do it.

Ok thanks. I never see Axel after euler even in pairs probably and I can't imagine do axel entry after euler. So I though It's allowed for sure but didn't know if it's technically possible to safely do it. :laugh:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Do you know if she get a challenger series or not ? I would like to see her competing both programs before the GP assignations

Alina has not been assigned to any challenger seeries, and most probably, won't be. Her first international outing would be Japan Open, then IdF.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ok thanks. I never see Axel after euler even in pairs probably and I can't imagine do axel entry after euler. So I though It's allowed for sure but didn't know if it's technically possible to safely do it. :laugh:

You need to do step, something like half-euler to turn yourself forward. That's why it is sequence, not combo, because there is a step between jumps. This is the best example I was able to find now :)

silveruskate

On the Ice
It was maybe unclear, but that is not my meaning. I was just saying the difference between the two programs so I didn't need to spell it out, but here are my thoughts:

Current = 3Lz-3Lo, 2A-3T, 2A, 3Lz, 3F, 3F-2T-2Lo, 3S
Maximum = 3Lz-3Lo, 2A-3T, 2A, 3Lz, 3F, 3F-eu-3S, 2A

The current layout isn't in order so it's easy to see the differences. The maths is -(-2t-2lo) + (-eu-) + 2A = 0.8. However it looks like it isn't possible to do 3 2As, and I'm not saying Alina should do this either if she could have.

I just saw my post, and I did say that I wasn't talking about -eu-2A actually. :laugh:

But I think this is why a quad is so so valuable. Anna Scherbakova in essence is replacing (2t-2lo) for a 4Lz. As long as she gets more than 3 points for it she's not losing out at all. I really hope Alina gets a quad!

colormyworld240

Medalist
It was maybe unclear, but that is not my meaning. I was just saying the difference between the two programs so I didn't need to spell it out, but here are my thoughts:

Current = 3Lz-3Lo, 2A-3T, 2A, 3Lz, 3F, 3F-2T-2Lo, 3S
Maximum = 3Lz-3Lo, 2A-3T, 2A, 3Lz, 3F, 3F-eu-3S, 2A

The current layout isn't in order so it's easy to see the differences. The maths is -(-2t-2lo) + (-eu-) + 2A = 0.8. However it looks like it isn't possible to do 3 2As, and I'm not saying Alina should do this either if she could have.

I just saw my post, and I did say that I wasn't talking about -eu-2A actually. :laugh:

But I think this is why a quad is so so valuable. Anna Scherbakova in essence is replacing (2t-2lo) for a 4Lz. As long as she gets more than 3 points for it she's not losing out at all. I really hope Alina gets a quad!

Yup, you're right can't do 3 x 2As. Quads replace a 2A and then -Eu-3S replaces -2T-2Lo but only under certain conditions. The layout with a quad is only maximized when the skater is able to do -3T, -3Lo, and -Eu-3S combos (Anna and Sasha do this). And then Kamila, who can't do a -3Lo combo, still has to do a -2T thereby not maximizing her layout with a quad. So the key is to have a quad and also be able to do the 3 types of 3-3 combos.

In general, it goes like this from increasing BV:

No quad/no 3A:
-3T and -Eu-3S and -2T or 2x-3T
-3T and -3Lo and -2t-2Lo

With a quad:
-3T and -2T (or -2Lo) and -Eu-3S or 2x-3T
-3T and -3Lo and -Eu-3S

Then gets much more complicated if you have multiple quads like Nathan.

Alina already has a -3Lo, if she gets a quad her layout would the the maximum (on par with Anna's).

Catharina

Rinkside
I can't wait to Japan Open! I'm so curious about Cleopatra outfit. :hap85:

I think Alina's goal is now to skate 2 clean programs.