2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Entries

s_parks

Record Breaker
I see that Kunitsa is on the entry list; I assume that they'll sub in Kovalev here?

kalee

On the Ice
it will be interesting to see Yamashita in Tallinn instead.

Guessing they may have done this so that Mako and Yuna S. don't deprive each other of podium opportunities in Germany. It could work out quite well for Mako actually since she has a fair shot at silver vs. Liza N -- should be fairly safe to assume the gold will go to Polina.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Based on the latest updates to the standings page (which usually seems to reflect changes ahead of the entries pages), Parsons/Parsons appear to no longer be assigned here. Neither are Gunter/Wein. Only Lewis/Bye (who are also still technically assigned to Germany.) I imagine Parsons/Parsons will be switched there, likely to avoid direct competition with Loboda/Drozd.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Looks like Kunitsa was replaced by Samarin today...

Also Poland's Aleksandra Rudolf, and Italy's Caldara/Caputo pair withdrew.

And in Ice Dance Wagret/Couyras replaced Demougeot/Mercier for France.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Looks like Kunitsa was replaced by Samarin today...

For once, the actual Entries list is ahead of the Standings page, which still shows Kunitsa in Estonia and Samarin in Germany.

(Samarin was replaced in Germany, so he doesn't have 3 assignments)

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Just saw that Tessa did in fact get her assignment, I am looking for her to do very well! It will be a tough field, but she has some strong jumps, very nice flow and even prettier presentation. Plus, I'm sure she wants to improve her score and placement from last year! GO TESSA!!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm so happy to see that Tessa Hong is assigned here! :cheer: She was amazing at Broadmoor Open.

(I am very sad about Alisa, though. :cry:)

cinnamon

On the Ice
Guessing they may have done this so that Mako and Yuna S. don't deprive each other of podium opportunities in Germany. It could work out quite well for Mako actually since she has a fair shot at silver vs. Liza N -- should be fairly safe to assume the gold will go to Polina.

I love both Yuna really.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
How wonderful is this schedule, I get to watch Polina (personal best SP of 69) and then Tessa right after her, saves a lot of my time! Really looking forward to seeing Tessa skate, a young lady with such talent and potential yet has not achieved any level of success these past couple of years due to injuries that have kept her from possibly earning a spot at Nationals. I always like to see girls compete head-to-head so getting this chance to see these two compete one after the other will really give me (and the skating world) a chance to see exactly where Tessa is at this stage of her "career" and what she might need to do to compete at the highest level. I'm hoping she knocks it out of the park, GO TESSA!

Last edited: