2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so Christmas at the Park is going on through the 7th... any folks with feet on the ground see it? is it close to the action? I'd love to see it if it's easy to get to on foot.

temadd

Final Flight
so Christmas at the Park is going on through the 7th... any folks with feet on the ground see it? is it close to the action? I'd love to see it if it's easy to get to on foot.

It is right in front of the Fairmont Hotel. I can hear the raucous from my room right now including a screaming child. Good thing I brought ear plugs

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It is right in front of the Fairmont Hotel. I can hear the raucous from my room right now including a screaming child. Good thing I brought ear plugs

I was hoping a city ordnance against screaming children! LOL!

LeReveur

On the Ice
I'm looking for points where I can ditch my car somewhere and then hop on public transit to the SAP Center. I really don't care if I take a bus, light rail, whatever. Preferably, I can leave my car on a street for free, walk to a public transit stop, and ride towards the arena. Where are places where I might best do that? They can be north, south, east, or west of the arena; I'm up for anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

LeReveur

On the Ice
In case anyone else has a vehicle in the San Jose area and doesn't want to pay arena parking prices: there is an app/website called SpotHero that lets you find discounted parking in many major cities. I just saw that San Jose is one of those cities.

My question still stands ;-).

sandi

Rinkside
I'm looking for points where I can ditch my car somewhere and then hop on public transit to the SAP Center. I really don't care if I take a bus, light rail, whatever. Preferably, I can leave my car on a street for free, walk to a public transit stop, and ride towards the arena. Where are places where I might best do that? They can be north, south, east, or west of the arena; I'm up for anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You can find parking on the streets in Japantown (north of Downtown) and take the light rail or bus to SAP Center. Just make sure the the street area doesn't require a permit. The Japantown area is safe.

Here is a link to some public transit lots that you take the light rail from. http://www.vta.org/getting-around/park-and-ride-lots-map-san-jose-only

Edit: When I go to Sharks games at SAP Center, I've been able to find parking about a 10 minute walk south on Delmas / Park Ave area. There are some residential area west of SAP Center that you could probably find parking too.

LeReveur

On the Ice
You can find parking on the streets in Japantown (north of Downtown) and take the light rail or bus to SAP Center. Just make sure the the street area doesn't require a permit. The Japantown area is safe.

Here is a link to some public transit lots that you take the light rail from. http://www.vta.org/getting-around/park-and-ride-lots-map-san-jose-only

Edit: When I go to Sharks games at SAP Center, I've been able to find parking about a 10 minute walk south on Delmas / Park Ave area. There are some residential area west of SAP Center that you could probably find parking too.

So helpful! Thank you!

sandi

Rinkside

I go to Christmas in the Park every year as it is a local holiday tradition. It's right next to the Fairmont on Market St in between the Tech Museum. Make sure to get the Snowman Gourmet Hot Chocolate if you like hot chocolate! Lots of families and strollers go during the prime holiday season.