Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thread: 2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    A friend mentioned that there are practices at Solar4 on January 4 and 5, but no practice passes were issued. A free pin/lanyard is available for all event ticket holders which is supposed to give you access to those practices on Jan. 4 & 5. If you are interested in attending those, you probably need to check with USFS at SAP to make sure the lanyard will get you into Solar4.

I've now read that the practice passes for SAP for January 4 and 5 also say good for Solar4. Sorry for the confusion!
    Just to be perfectly clear, Prac pass mentions both venues. They punch it and give you a wrist band for easy in and out for any of the rinks/ arenas.

1 Not allowed!
    Lots of friendly security but no bag searches yet.

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    definitely the rule of certain hotel chains.
    Odd. At arena hotel free Jacuzzi in room, breakfast , wifi, cappachino machine, bacon bacon bacon. Fridge and microwave. Whole foods store pharmacy liqueur store. I may never go home!

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Odd. At arena hotel free Jacuzzi in room, breakfast , wifi, cappachino machine, bacon bacon bacon. Fridge and microwave. Whole foods store pharmacy liqueur store. I may never go home!
    Good to know! See you at breakfast!

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    Fairmont has free WiFi if you register in their program. It all takes a minute! Problem solved

0 Not allowed!
    so Christmas at the Park is going on through the 7th... any folks with feet on the ground see it? is it close to the action? I'd love to see it if it's easy to get to on foot.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    so Christmas at the Park is going on through the 7th... any folks with feet on the ground see it? is it close to the action? I'd love to see it if it's easy to get to on foot.
    It is right in front of the Fairmont Hotel. I can hear the raucous from my room right now including a screaming child. Good thing I brought ear plugs

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by temadd View Post
    It is right in front of the Fairmont Hotel. I can hear the raucous from my room right now including a screaming child. Good thing I brought ear plugs
    I was hoping a city ordnance against screaming children! LOL!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking for points where I can ditch my car somewhere and then hop on public transit to the SAP Center. I really don't care if I take a bus, light rail, whatever. Preferably, I can leave my car on a street for free, walk to a public transit stop, and ride towards the arena. Where are places where I might best do that? They can be north, south, east, or west of the arena; I'm up for anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    In case anyone else has a vehicle in the San Jose area and doesn't want to pay arena parking prices: there is an app/website called SpotHero that lets you find discounted parking in many major cities. I just saw that San Jose is one of those cities.

My question still stands ;-).

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeReveur View Post
    I'm looking for points where I can ditch my car somewhere and then hop on public transit to the SAP Center. I really don't care if I take a bus, light rail, whatever. Preferably, I can leave my car on a street for free, walk to a public transit stop, and ride towards the arena. Where are places where I might best do that? They can be north, south, east, or west of the arena; I'm up for anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    You can find parking on the streets in Japantown (north of Downtown) and take the light rail or bus to SAP Center. Just make sure the the street area doesn't require a permit. The Japantown area is safe.

Here is a link to some public transit lots that you take the light rail from. http://www.vta.org/getting-around/pa...-san-jose-only

Edit: When I go to Sharks games at SAP Center, I've been able to find parking about a 10 minute walk south on Delmas / Park Ave area. There are some residential area west of SAP Center that you could probably find parking too.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandi View Post
    You can find parking on the streets in Japantown (north of Downtown) and take the light rail or bus to SAP Center. Just make sure the the street area doesn't require a permit. The Japantown area is safe.

Here is a link to some public transit lots that you take the light rail from. http://www.vta.org/getting-around/pa...-san-jose-only

Edit: When I go to Sharks games at SAP Center, I've been able to find parking about a 10 minute walk south on Delmas / Park Ave area. There are some residential area west of SAP Center that you could probably find parking too.
    So helpful! Thank you!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I go to Christmas in the Park every year as it is a local holiday tradition. It's right next to the Fairmont on Market St in between the Tech Museum. Make sure to get the Snowman Gourmet Hot Chocolate if you like hot chocolate! Lots of families and strollers go during the prime holiday season.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30