Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: 2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

1 Not allowed!
    OK, Here is another bit of a clue. If you were to go from the airport in St. Paul, to the arena, Supershuttle offers a rate called "Shared ride" for $20. Very fair for a 9 mile ride.
    As Toni remarked, for some reason, SS does not offer a shared ride van at San Jose. Instead, they offer "Business Express"
    "Our Business Express service is a business-class, non-stop service. Like the non-stop option, the customer does not have to share the ride with other passengers, and is usually priced between the cost of a shared-ride option and that of a private sedan or SUV."

I am going to call every blankety blank shuttle service at the airport till one of them tells me what the deal is....it must be some sort of a city ordenance forbidding shared rides making multiple stops to keep the cabbies rich. No wonder they are POed about Uber!

I think I found the ordinance...check out the bottom of document page 6 and the top of page 7. I believe TCP means "Supershuttle" type services.
    http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/uploadedFiles...1172014lct.pdf

Also, check out the taxi union's position....
    http://utwsd.org/stop-illegal-tcps-and-shuttle-buses/

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    OK, that is interesting.....maybe I shouldnt have chosen Friday Afternoon to arrive
    Gonna spend new years eve in San Jose?

I don't get in until Tuesday the 2nd.

0 Not allowed!
    Perhaps I'm missing something but there's nothing on the schedule for the ladies short program? When is that?

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Gonna spend new years eve in San Jose?

I don't get in until Tuesday the 2nd.
    Yeah, New Year's eave.....thats the Junior pairs and Junior ladies shorts. Saturday I am going to try and ride the train down to Fisherman's warf and the maritine museum....not sure what I will do New Year's day yet.....gotta see what is open...I am HOPING that they let the juniors practice in the main arena, and I can go watch them....
    Chris who at least wont be in the Spokane gloom

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something but there's nothing on the schedule for the ladies short program? When is that?
    If you are talking about the senior ladies, its 6pm Jan 3rd, SAP center, along with the opening cerimonies. Eventually, the event will come out with a detailed schedule with all the practices included....

SOLAR4AMERICA ICE AT SAN JOSE

Friday, Dec. 29, 2017
    9:15 a.m. - Juvenile Girls Free Skate
    10:40 a.m. – Juvenile Boys Free Skate
    12:25 p.m. – Juvenile Pairs Free Skate
    3:00 p.m. – Intermediate Pairs Short Program
    4:40 p.m. – Intermediate Ladies Short Program
    6:25 p.m. – Intermediate Men Short Program

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017
    3:15 p.m. – Intermediate Pairs Free Skate
    5:00 p.m. – Intermediate Ladies Free Skate
    6:40 p.m. – Intermediate Men Free Skate

Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017
    10:00 a.m. – Juvenile Pattern Dance
    5:00 p.m. – Junior Pairs Short Program
    7:15 p.m. – Junior Ladies Short Program

Monday, Jan. 1, 2018
    11:20 a.m. - Intermediate Pattern Dance
    1:00 p.m. – Junior Men Short Program
    3:30 p.m. – Juvenile Free Dance
    5:00 p.m. – Novice Pattern Dance
    7:00 p.m. – Novice Pairs Short Program

Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018
    9:20 a.m. – Novice Ladies Short Program
    1:20 p.m. - Intermediate Free Dance
    3:20 p.m. – Novice Men Short Program
    5:00 p.m. – Novice Free Dance
    7:50 p.m. - Novice Pairs Free Skate

SAP CENTER AT SAN JOSE

Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018
    5:30 p.m. - Junior Pairs Free Skate
    7:00 p.m. - Junior Ladies Free Skate

Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018
    10:20 a.m. – Junior Men Free Skate
    6:00 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies & Senior Ladies Short Program

Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018
    10:00 a.m. - Junior Free Dance
    1:00 p.m. - Senior Pairs Short Program
    5:25 p.m. - Senior Men Short Program

Friday, Jan. 5, 2018
    1:00 p.m. - Senior Short Dance
    4:00 p.m. - Senior Ladies Free Skate

Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018
    11:45 a.m. - Senior Pairs Free Skate
    3:45 p.m. - Senior Men Free Skate

Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018
    10:30 a.m. - Senior Free Dance
    6:00 p.m. - Smucker’s Skating Spectacular

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Yeah, New Year's eave.....thats the Junior pairs and Junior ladies shorts. Saturday I am going to try and ride the train down to Fisherman's warf and the maritine museum....not sure what I will do New Year's day yet.....gotta see what is open...I am HOPING that they let the juniors practice in the main arena, and I can go watch them....
    Chris who at least wont be in the Spokane gloom
    None of my friends were available to go until the 2nd or 3rd so I decided to come in for the Senior events mainly, but I have an all event pass.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    None of my friends were available to go until the 2nd or 3rd so I decided to come in for the Senior events mainly, but I have an all event pass.
    I thought long and hard about it and decided since I was getting a deep deal extended stay rate at the Arena Hotel, I might as well enjoy the area. It used to be a no brainer to plan for nats as
    we were allowed to see even the novices in the main arena....not alot of people showed up but you could sit down close and cheer the newbies on and sit with your friends and have a good time for
    a week. Now, the nats come along and if you want good seats and a practice pass, you have to buy the all event package quickly not knowing where the heck even the junior FSs will be.....let alone
    novices.....and in most places you have no idea what the "official event" hotel prices will be....is Detroit REALLY worth $200 a night with tax? A town with more empty buildings than Paris has full ones?
    Over the last 10 years I have gone to Nats, with 3 worlds, two 4 Conts and I dont know how many Skate Americas/Canadas thown in, Some places work out well for various and sundry reasons....KC was fine and Omaha was great....and some places not so great. San Jose will be just fine....great arena with hockey pitch, the wonderful and Inexpensive Arena hotel, and eateries galore....
    I had high hopes for Vegas in 2019 but it looks like it is not to be.....instead of Vegas, Phoenix or some other warm sunny place, there are rumors of Detroit, winter wonderland of Michigan, and who knows where they will stick the lower ranks there? Maybe its time for a break....I have never seen Hawaii in January or any other month..... Did you know that on a Holland America cruise ship, people actually make you feel CARED about ?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20